toldailytopic: How does God handle babies when they die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
This doesn't make any sense. The notion of 'Godly justice' in light of the selective torture of others doesn't mean anything.

You are at enmity against God, an so accuse Him of "selective torture."

I have been delivered from the curse of enmity, by the grace of God and Christ taking upon my curse in His body on the cross, and thusly now I can now comprehend the selective grace of God, and praise Him for His mercy that has saved many who only deserved hell for their sins.

You remain hateful and angry against God for not saving all.

I am utterly amazed and thankful towards God, and praise Him that He loved mankind enough to save many.

Nang

Skavau

I don't accuse God of anything. I don't believe in God. I refer to your words where you state how he will save only some (not all) dead babies. That is selective, and condemnable. Or rather you are for endorsing it.

I have been delivered from the curse of enmity, by the grace of God and Christ taking upon my curse in His body on the cross, and thusly now I can now comprehend the selective grace of God, and praise Him for His mercy that has saved many who only deserved hell for their sins.
Does this include people who die as babies?

Supposing I did actually believe in God, and a God that did not save all then yes, I would. I would rightfully remain indignated against a God that could prevent the suffering of billions but chose not to.

Arthur Brain

Well, Arthur, when you write your better bible, let me know . . . and we will study it and compare it to the revelation of God Almighty to see who is really right and more compassionate . . . o.k.?

Wouldn't even dream of it Nang. Your doctrine is nothing but that, a doctrine which you hold to be true no matter what. Doesn't make it actually true by a long shot....

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Wouldn't even dream of it Nang. Your doctrine is nothing but that, a doctrine which you hold to be true no matter what. Doesn't make it true by a long shot....

My faith is based upon the revelation of the Holy Scriptures. Not my opinions.

You can oppose my personal opinions, but you are unable to effectually oppose the biblical doctrines upon which I base my faith, without opposing God Himself.

Nang

Arthur Brain

You can oppose my personal opinions, but you are unable to effectually oppose the biblical doctrines upon which I base my faith, without opposing God Himself.

Nang

That's just a declaration in want of support Nang. Calvinism is opposed across this board and you're simply being subjectively biased to claim that all such is ineffectual.

keypurr

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 18th, 2011 09:47 AM

toldailytopic: How does God handle babies when they die?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

He sings them to sleep.

But he will wake them up when Christ returns.

Skavau

Denial of God's being, and His Word which is revelation of His being, is accusation that God is nothing but a liar.

Scary stuff, Skavau!
Uh

What?

I can't accuse a being that I don't believe in of lying. I disagree with the claim that 'God's word' exists and dispute the claim that a God(s) exist.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's just a declaration in want of support Nang. Calvinism is opposed across this board and you're simply being subjectively biased to claim that all such is ineffectual.

Such is the problem of this board, not mine.

My obligation is to witness to the truth of God, according to the Holy Scriptures of God, regardless of reactions, unbelief, or opposition.

The Lord will take it from there . . .

Nang

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

Nang

God told me I'm right and you're wrong. Stop opposing God!

Arthur Brain

I am utterly amazed and thankful towards God, and praise Him that He loved mankind enough to save many.

Nang

Of course you're thankful. You believe you're spared the torments of your neighbours who are bound for such despite being no better or worse. Lucky you.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Uh

What?

I can't accuse a being that I don't believe in of lying. I disagree with the claim that 'God's word' exists and dispute the claim that a God(s) exist.

But God does exist . . . and your shaking your unbelieving fist in His face is scary stuff!

(Why are you intent on participating on a "theology" site anyway, if you are so deadset to remain in your ungodliness?)

Skavau

But God does exist . . . and your shaking your unbelieving fist in His face is scary stuff!
Whether or not God exists has little to do with whether or not I believe he does exist and the fact I don't makes it impossible for me to consider God a liar.

Not that it would bother you though even if God lied.

(Why are you intent on participating on a "theology" site anyway, if you are so deadset to remain in your ungodliness?)
There's all sorts of topics on here. I find it amazing that there are people that exist that say with a straight face that they don't care what happens to babies in the afterlife or that they will be tortured for their 'taint'.

And what's worse? These same people are vociferously pro life. You can't make it up.

Arthur Brain

Such is the problem of this board, not mine.

My obligation is to witness to the truth of God, according to the Holy Scriptures of God, regardless of reactions, unbelief, or opposition.

The Lord will take it from there . . .

Nang

It's not exactly a problem of this board. Whether you witness or not it ironically makes zero difference anyway under your own theology. It's all a done deal including your own preaching.....

:plain:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Whether or not God exists has little to do with whether or not I believe he does exist and the fact I don't makes it impossible for me to consider God a liar.

Not that it would bother you though even if God lied.

There's all sorts of topics on here. I find it amazing that there are people that exist that say with a straight face that they don't care what happens to babies in the afterlife or that they will be tortured for their 'taint'.

And what's worse? These same people are vociferously pro life. You can't make it up.

Many Christians believe God is merciful according to familial covenant promises.

IOW's, when one has been regenerated to new spiritual life by the power and grace of God, one claims the same promise for their offspring, according to word of God that says:

"For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call." Acts 2:39

Status
Not open for further replies.