toldailytopic: How does God handle babies when they die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So you do not think it remotely prudent to morally justify what you believe?

Holy Scripture morally justifies itself, and God in His Word teaches the federal headship of both Adams . . . the first bringing imputation of guilt upon all his seed . . . the last Adam bring imputation of righteousness upon all His seed.

Skavau

Holy Scripture morally justifies itself,
Only if you just declare whatever "Holy Scripture" as inherently right in and of itself. By that logic though, you literally have no recognisable or sociable morality. You would be capable of justifying the random murder of people if you thought it had scriptural support.

and God in His Word teaches the federal headship of both Adams . . . the first bringing imputation of guilt upon all his seed . . . the last Adam bring imputation of righteousness upon all His seed.
You use words such as 'righteousness' and 'guilt' and suck them clean from any meaning. You just declare anything you think God does as inherently righteous and morally justified. It doesn't mean anything.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I imagine the scribes thought the same thing. Intellectual pomposity and legalism doesn't justify the eternal suffering of children. I hope you get around to realizing that....

:plain:

I respect and listen to theologians who can back up their teachings, from sound references to Holy Scripture, historical church confessions, and the works and writings of Christian brethren.

None of these sources should be discounted, minimized, or outrightly dismissed.

The eternal suffering of "children" that you refer to, is the eternal suffering of souls who are the seed of Adam, who is solely responsible for their fate. Adam murdered his seed when he fell. That is the tragedy of mankind.

There is no point in refusing to believe what has happened, but there is great comfort in learning about the mercies and grace of Jesus Christ, who loves the little children, and represents many through His redemptive works.

Concentrate on the grace of the last Adam, rather than on the horror of the actions of the first Adam, and you will find more peace in your soul.

Nang

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Only if you just declare whatever "Holy Scripture" as inherently right in and of itself. By that logic though, you literally have no recognisable or sociable morality. You would be capable of justifying the random murder of people if you thought it had scriptural support.

You use words such as 'righteousness' and 'guilt' and suck them clean from any meaning. You just declare anything you think God does as inherently righteous and morally justified. It doesn't mean anything.

Obviously to you, it does not.

Your faithless and unbelieving argument proves to be empty for it has nothing to do with, and fails to touch upon the basis for my faith or any point of my witness to the sovereign power of the Holy Word of God.

Skavau

Obviously to you, it does not.
To you either, you just don't realise it. When asked to elaborate or defend it you can only repeat yourself unwittingly walking into a circular argument. God is righteous because God is righteous because God is righteous. It is okay that we are tainted with the impact of Adam's disobedience because God is righteous and that action is therefore righteous.

It is as if you're referencing the Department Of Redundancy Department trope.

Your faithless and unbelieving argument proves to be empty for it has nothing to do with, and fails to touch upon the basis for my faith or any point of my witness to the sovereign power of the Holy Word of God.
You mean my humanistic argument that opposes torture. That one?

The basis of your faith is apparently unquestioning obedience and embrace of permanent injustice.

some other dude

What is your version? Nang is a Calvinist. What are you exactly? Serious question.

I'm unaffiliated at the moment, but I was raised in a mainline protestant church with strong ties to evangelism and lutheranism, a strong liberal background wrt social issues and an ethic of inclusiveness.

I've learned more here at TOL than I did at my home church.

Arthur Brain

I respect and listen to theologians who can back up their teachings, from sound references to Holy Scripture, historical church confessions, and the works and writings of Christian brethren.

None of these sources should be discounted, minimized, or outrightly dismissed.

The eternal suffering of "children" that you refer to, is the eternal suffering of souls who are the seed of Adam, who is solely responsible for their fate. Adam murdered his seed when he fell. That is the tragedy of mankind.

There is no point in refusing to believe what has happened, but there is great comfort in learning about the mercies and grace of Jesus Christ, who loves the little children, and represents many through His redemptive works.

Concentrate on the grace of the last Adam, rather than on the horror of the actions of the first Adam, and you will find more peace in your soul.

Nang

Adam is not solely responsible for the fates of trillions of descendants. He didn't design a system where people, either adult or child are consigned to a state of eternal suffering already preordained by God.

The very notion that a supposedly loving God would set things up in the way you describe, dictate that people would suffer by design and will is just execrable. If you think it should somehow bring 'comfort' that God doesn't send all babies to torment but spares some then it isn't frankly. If only the one baby were sent to such an 'existence' it would be sickening beyond words.

Where it comes to your former I don't respect people because of their supposed academic learning or position but on the content and merit of their posts. As before I reckon the scribes etc would pat themselves on the back. A shame they didn't seem to value compassion and understanding all that much....

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The basis of your faith is apparently unquestioning obedience

No, the basis of my faith is the perfect obedience of Jesus Christ.

and embrace of permanent injustice.

There is no "injustice" residing in the Godhead, at all.

Else, the Son would not have been sacrificed in the stead of undeserving sinners . . . in order to satisfy ALL Godly justice.

Arthur Brain

I'm unaffiliated at the moment, but I was raised in a mainline protestant church with strong ties to evangelism and lutheranism, a strong liberal background wrt social issues and an ethic of inclusiveness.

I've learned more here at TOL than I did at my home church.

Fair enough. So where are you leaning towards at present? And why?

some other dude

Adam is not solely responsible for the fates of trillions of descendants. He didn't design a system where people, either adult or child are consigned to a state of eternal suffering already preordained by God.

The very notion that a supposedly loving God would set things up in the way you describe, dictate that people would suffer by design and will is just execrable. If you think it should somehow bring 'comfort' that God doesn't send all babies to torment but spares some then it isn't frankly. If only the one baby were sent to such an 'existence' it would be sickening beyond words.

Where it comes to your former I don't respect people because of their supposed academic learning or position but on the content and merit of their posts. As before I reckon the scribes etc would pat themselves on the back. A shame they didn't seem to value compassion and understanding all that much....

then you reject scripture. :idunno:

Skavau

No, the basis of my faith is the perfect obedience of Jesus Christ.
You're just rephrasing what I said. You will accept anything as moral so long as commanded by God. This includes, by your own words eternal torture.

For shame.

There is no "injustice" residing in the Godhead, at all.
This doesn't really mean anything coming from you.

Else, the Son would not have been sacrificed in the stead of undeserving sinners . . . in order to satisfy ALL Godly justice.
This doesn't make any sense. The notion of 'Godly justice' in light of the selective torture of others doesn't mean anything.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Well, Arthur, when you write your better bible, let me know . . . and we will study it and compare it to the revelation of God Almighty to see who is really right and more compassionate . . . o.k.?

Arthur Brain

Mark 16:16

Condemnation doesn't equate to eternal suffering.

"Worthy of a sacrifice"? :idunno:

Worthy of redemption? :thumb:

So you're better than those who don't believe then? You take credit for it?

You ever had doubts at all?

Not as we understand it, no.

Well what does that mean exactly? Are they given the capacity for choice after passing on somehow? Expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.