toldailytopic: If you could start your own country what form of government would you

Memento Mori

My perfect society would not have any government and everyone would be rich and never want for anything. We would ride around on flying unicorns and eat Chipotle and candy all day. Everyone would have a mansion designed to their specifications and we would trade mansions to keep things interesting. That way people could stay at the pool mansion and go swimming or the big screen mansion and watch tv and movies all day. The people would work hard to make everyone else happy and be happy themselves. Finally gas would cost 99¢ and there would be a dollar sale on gas everyday (i.e. we give you a penny for every gallon you get).

A man can dream... ♫

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
My perfect society would not have any government and everyone would be rich and never want for anything. We would ride around on flying unicorns and eat Chipotle and candy all day. Everyone would have a mansion designed to their specifications and we would trade mansions to keep things interesting. That way people could stay at the pool mansion and go swimming or the big screen mansion and watch tv and movies all day. The people would work hard to make everyone else happy and be happy themselves. Finally gas would cost 99¢ and there would be a dollar sale on gas everyday (i.e. we give you a penny for every gallon you get).

A man can dream... ♫

I think you need to wake up

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My country would mirror more how the United States was and less what they are now.

Agreed. A constitutional republic where rights come from God, just as our Christian Founding Fathers gave us.

Mistakes were made along the way, such as allowing atheists/secular humanists to have a say in society, which wouldn't be made again.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Agreed. A constitutional republic where rights come from God, just as our Christian Founding Fathers gave us.

Mistakes were made along the way, such as allowing atheists/secular humanists to have a say in society, which wouldn't be made again.

my government would tolerate people like you

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
A man can dream... ♫

I'd also have strict laws against recreational drug use.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
my government would tolerate people like you

Our Christian society would lovingly embrace people like you and teach you important things like the Christian religion, and that you shouldn't vote for serial adulterers.

In fact, serial adulterers like Newt Gingrich would be sent someplace where they'd feel more at home:

Sweden.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And in the country that I would love to return to, perversion wouldn't be considered "freedom of speech", nor "freedom of religion".

Which is exactly WHY I love *my* country ... your "interpretation" of freedom of religion is not allowed to dictate the lives of others.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imposing a form of government's fine in theory but doesn't it make more sense for government to spring organically from the people?

Starting a nation, I guess, in this situation starts with trying to attract a certain type of person and population.

The better question might be, what sorts of people would you hope to attract?

Buzzword

Population shall not exceed 2.5 million.
No exceptions.
Somebody has quadruplets, we close the "Welcome to Buzzlandia!" side of the border.

Federal tax only, up to and including 50% of annual income (graduated scale based on income, starting at $10,000/year).

The federal government will provide healthcare, including birth control, pre-/post-natal, any and all preexisting conditions, and hospice, all free of charge to taxpaying citizens and their children.
The federal government will provide all medications to taxpaying citizens and their children free of charge.

College students are tax exempt for five years, starting with their first full-time semester.
Presenting a student ID will allow them access to federal healthcare.
College tuition and fees can be written off as charitable donations, without the need to itemize one's taxes.

Waiters and waitresses will be paid minimum wage as starting pay, with tips likewise written off as charitable donations.

Political campaigns will be held online, with each candidate using a standardized format website.
No television or live advertising is allowed, and donations to campaigns must not exceed a total of $1,000 from any single individual.

Voting in elections will be by essay, no less than 500 words.
Five spelling/grammatical errors will be allowed per vote, judged by a panel of English professors.
If this number is exceeded, the vote is thrown out.
Zero insults or any mention whatsoever of the opposition allowed.
Failure to abide by this will result in the loss of the perpetrator's right to vote for one election cycle.
Hope you learned your lesson, better luck next time.

The judiciary will be involved in the lawmaking process, being the final step before a bill is ratified once it has passed both houses of Congress and the President.

Military basic training will be a requisite for citizenship once an individual finishes high school.
Once basic is finished, any citizen who wishes to be discharged may do so with zero legal or social consequences, but once discharged they will never again be allowed to enlist except in the event of invasion.

I'll probably think of more later, but that about covers it for the moment.

EDIT: At a friend's suggestion, I added a clause to the voting setup.

Last edited:

Zeke

Most native cultures survived just fine before they were taught otherwise by their captors, so that would be a template for one that I would start, a respect for the planet and other life, take only what you can use and leave some for others etc....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Population shall not exceed 2.5 million.
No exceptions.

So I guess you won't be there.

Federal tax only, up to and including 50% of annual income (graduated scale based on income, starting at $10,000/year).

The federal government will provide healthcare, including birth control, pre-/post-natal, any and all preexisting conditions, and hospice, all free of charge to taxpaying citizens and their children.
The federal government will provide all medications to taxpaying citizens and their children free of charge.

Free of charge for 50% of your income. Nobody would be beating down your door to move there, including free loaders like Traditio. He knows the producers in society will not go there, and he will not get his free rid.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Imposing a form of government's fine in theory but doesn't it make more sense for government to spring organically from the people?

Starting a nation, I guess, in this situation starts with trying to attract a certain type of person and population.

The better question might be, what sorts of people would you hope to attract?

we would want the good ones

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
And in the country that I would love to return to, perversion wouldn't be considered "freedom of speech", nor "freedom of religion".

Which is exactly WHY I love *my* country ... your "interpretation" of freedom of religion is not allowed to dictate the lives of others.

Of course you love the country that we're all currently rotting away in, it's run by baby murderers and sexual perverts.

You know nothing of the history of our once great Christian based constitutional republic, nor the book that our laws and culture were once based on:

The Holy Bible.

It's sad that you've spent all of this time in a Christian website yet still haven't learned a thing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's sad that you've spent all of this time in a Christian website yet still haven't learned a thing.

I have learned plenty ... and take the good with the bad. What is much sadder is that *you* are setting an example of what Christianity stands for.

My values are much more in line with this country than your values ...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
My values are much more in line with this country than your values ...

This is where we agree 110% Rusha:

Your values are more in line with this country than mine; a country that murders 1.2 million unborn babies in the womb annually, and parades sexual perversion in the streets, throughout our culture, and in our laws.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Constitutional monarchy. The King doesn't do whatever he pleases, he is to obey the law. Judges answer to him, and there is no legislature. The days of money laundering through Congress would be over. And judges do not interpret the law, it says what it says. Judges decide whether somebody is innocent or guilty.

:thumb: Strict laws against recreational drugs and sodomy.

Granite

Hall of Fame
:sigh:

I keep seeing homos and drugs, homos and drugs. Yeah. Some people have really weird priorities, I guess...