toldailytopic: Is Romney better or worse than Obama?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 2nd, 2012 01:57 PM

toldailytopic: Is Romney better or worse than Obama?

100302_romney_obama_ap_218.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I say worse.

If Romney wins the White House we will have a uber-liberal in the White House for at least 8 more years.

Why 8 years???

8 Years if Romney wins a second term. Or 8 years if Romney loses to an even more liberal democrat in the 2016 election.

Essentially... Romney will kill the conservative movement for the next decade.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This one is difficult to answer (for me, anyway) Knight.

I tend to think you are correct, but I also feel strongly that Obama has been the worst president in the history of this nation for a great variety of reasons.

It is difficult for me to even hear him speak without cringing.

I do listen to him, however, as I will not be accused of only following so-called Conservative Propoganda. I listen carefully to both sides of the argument, and I am not impressed with Obama or his administration by any stretch of the imagination.

I think Cookie Monster would be better than Obama.

For this reason, I would have to vote for Romney to be an (ever-so-slightly) better president.

Romney may be as bad, but it is difficult for me to think that he would be worse.

Obama is just getting started, and if he is re-elected, God help us all.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I tend to think you are correct, but I also feel strongly that Obama has been the worst president in the history of this nation for a great variety of reasons.
If Romney wins the entire political spectrum will be moved way to the left.

Under Romney the Republicans will be just a hair to the right of Obama and therefore the next Democrat will make Obama look like a conservative.

If Romney wins.... the conservative movement in this nation is officially dead.

Isn't it wacky??? We thought we learned our lesson when we tried to toss McCain up there. Yet here we are 4 years later putting up an even MORE liberal candidate. :rotfl: Republicans are such complete morons.

Granite

Hall of Fame
They're two sides of the same coin. I can't imagine anything of substance that divides them.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isn't it wacky??? We thought we learned our lesson when we tried to toss McCain up there. Yet here we are 4 years later putting up an even MORE liberal candidate. :rotfl: Republicans are such complete morons.

How incredibly true. I said this very thing, almost word for word, to a friend of mine just the other day. It boggles the mind! It is deja vu of the worst possible kind.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
:think:

Yeah, I've grown way too cynical about the American people to post in any kind of productive manner here. :idunno:

theophilus

If you've ever read "Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Mountain Meadows Massacre" you would know that Romney's church is involved in one of the biggest cover-ups in their history. And when it's all right for the Prophet and the Council of Twelve and the 70 to lie about something, it's all right for everybody to lie. Right?

THe LDS haven't killed as many people as the Catholic Church but, hey, who's counting?

GuySmiley

The republicans in congress will at least oppose Obama's spending. If Romney is president, nobody will oppose his spending. I keep coming back to gridlock being the best state of government.

Tolken

The republicans in congress will at least oppose Obama's spending. If Romney is president, nobody will oppose his spending. I keep coming back to gridlock being the best state of government.

It seems the republicans in congress oppose everything whether it might be worthwhile or not...they just like to obstruct! Though the republicans clamor about spending they've done a considerable amount of it in the past 30 some years... perhaps no viable solution in sight.

Tolken

Eric Metaxas, "Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy"

My Pastor may have a discussion group on the Metaxas one...The Bethge biography is 900 plus pages probably 7 pt. type...and pretty straight forward without any stylistic flourishes, somewhat dry but comprehensive!

theophilus

My Pastor may have a discussion group on the Metaxas one...The Bethge biography is 900 plus pages probably 7 pt. type...and pretty straight forward without any stylistic flourishes, somewhat dry but comprehensive!

I would love to read the Bethge bio...they were so close.

Maybe someday.