toldailytopic: Is Romney better or worse than Obama?

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I’m at war I would much rather have a wolf in my trench than a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Mitt will put the right at ease while devouring their gullible.

Barack is the lesser of two evils.

Alate_One

They're two sides of the same coin. I can't imagine anything of substance that divides them.

You mean like Romney wanting to remove ALL limitations on corporate donations to political campaigns? vs. Obama stating that Citizens united was a wrong decision?

Romney is a one way ticket to corporatocracy, Obama might not be . . .

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If given the choice between Obama and Romney, I would take Obama. At least he would have only 4 years left. We could lame duck him with a good congress and house. The potential for damage from Romney would be far worse.

Cracked

Romney is a better overall choice than Newt, Santorum, or Paul. I think Romney perhaps has the chops to be a pretty good president, though I can see why the hardcore conservatives and liberals won't root for him.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If you've ever read "Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Mountain Meadows Massacre" you would know that Romney's church is involved in one of the biggest cover-ups in their history. And when it's all right for the Prophet and the Council of Twelve and the 70 to lie about something, it's all right for everybody to lie. Right?

THe LDS haven't killed as many people as the Catholic Church but, hey, who's counting?

I would not worry about this one. You may express your opinions, we all do that, as long as they are in bounds of the forum rules. You should read them carefully.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Romney is worst. He talks out of both sides of his mouth and I don't believe what comes out of either side.

Romney supports the 'big money interests', then so did Obama, in more ways than, I believe, he had planed. I dislike Obama, sure, but I never thought he would end the war, as promised, and the so called, 'new healthcare bill' will do nothing for the ordinary working person, unless he or she works for an insurance company, then it may provide some job assurance.

Obama, "CHANGE" :nono:

Romney will support his own kind, and I do not mean Mormons!

eameece

If Romney wins the entire political spectrum will be moved way to the left.

Under Romney the Republicans will be just a hair to the right of Obama and therefore the next Democrat will make Obama look like a conservative.

If Romney wins.... the conservative movement in this nation is officially dead.

Isn't it wacky??? We thought we learned our lesson when we tried to toss McCain up there. Yet here we are 4 years later putting up an even MORE liberal candidate. :rotfl: Republicans are such complete morons.

Gee, you give me such hope Knight!

At least for a second or two....

Of course Obama is better than Romney, but... where's that yawn smilie when you need it??

The most salient trait about Romney is that he will say anything to get elected, depending on who his audience is. He has no convictions at all, and most of what he says is dissembling, rambling nonsense. He is the classic case of the empty suit. He is also the rich man's candidate. I wouldn't say he only cares about money, but his class status blinds him to reality.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
The most salient trait about Romney is that he will say anything to get elected, depending on who his audience is. He has no convictions at all, and most of what he says is dissembling, rambling nonsense. He is the classic case of the empty suit. He is also the rich man's candidate. I wouldn't say he only cares about money, but his class status blinds him to reality.
Gee! That's pretty much how I see Obama! So, George Soros was right, that there isn't much difference between Romney and Obama?

Granite

Hall of Fame
You mean like Romney wanting to remove ALL limitations on corporate donations to political campaigns? vs. Obama stating that Citizens united was a wrong decision?

Romney is a one way ticket to corporatocracy, Obama might not be . . .

I don't care what they say. It's what they do. And there is nothing of substance (if anything whatsoever) that divides these two.

LightSon

Romney is worst. He talks out of both sides of his mouth and I don't believe what comes out of either side.

Making the charge of “talking out of both sides of one’s mouth” could legitimately refer to someone who has no consistent position, or apparently, in Romney’s case, it refers to someone who had 1 position and then changed to another position. I do not think using this phrase in the latter case is legitimate.

Is a person not allowed to rethink a position? I hope to grow and think and if need be to change my position for the better. To have someone then accuse me of “waffling” is unhelpful. Its suggests that we should never change.

The whole point, in my view, of having a public discourse or of teaching or of witnessing is to persuade, to get the other side to see the value of a better position. When they agree and actually change their position, what good does it do to pile on and accuse them of “talking out of both sides of their mouth?” This is attack rhetoric, an unfair charge made by “the enemy”, of someone who doesn’t care about the value of the new position taken, but only about maligning their opponent.