toldailytopic: Jesus, who is He?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Jack

You're leaving out another possible option. But that's for another thread.

:thumb:You're right. I have quite a few tongues that I can pray in...

Besides, we both know that even if a lion showed up in your dreams tonight, you'd rationalize it away...:D

MacGyver

:thumb:You're right. I have quite a few tongues that I can pray in...

Besides, we both know that even if a lion showed up in your dreams tonight, you'd rationalize it away...:D
You know it! You would too though, if I prayed to my toilet for something to haunt your own dreams haha.

genuineoriginal

You know it! You would too though, if I prayed to my toilet for something to haunt your own dreams haha.
I always thought "praying to the porcelain god" meant throwing up in the toilet after binge drinking.
Now I find that there are people who actually worship the plumbing fixture they use for defecation.

It boggles the mind.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
He is the only mediator between God and mankind.

Your tentacles spread into another thread.

He left heaven to become a man--divinity to dirt. Jesus laid aside his power and lived by the Holy Spirit. He is the great and mighty God, (Ps. 50:1; [Is. 9:6]; Jer. 20:11), the Lord of Hosts (Jer 10:16, 32:18).

He was rich (Ps 83:18; Ac 7:48). Why did he become poor? (Phil 2:6)--so you could become rich (2 Cor 8:9).

See that you are wretched, miserable, poor, and blind (Re 3:17). God is good at making something out of nothing ([Mt 5:3] Adrienne Rogers).

Ps82

Originally Posted by Sozo again View Post
How many Lord's are there?

I haven't read the post that prompted this question... but I would like to give an answer.

Just like there is ONE invisible God ... so there is only ONE visible LORD, which God created to represent HIM personally within the creation.

AND YET: God, who is the creator of visible things and is the giver of LIFE, is able to manifest his ONE image in visible living singular appearances (Exodus 34), or identical multiples (Gen. 18), and of any essence to which he is willing to impart LIFE ... a super-natural form (like the angel of the LORD or the angel of God) or like a body of heaven in (Exodus 24:10) ... or even as mortal flesh (Colossians 1:15).

God revealed the official NAME of his presence to Moses. (Exodus 33 and Exodus 34:5 and Exodus 34:6). The LORD, the LORD God full of goodness and truth.

Therefore, the LORD is God appearing among men with his chosen visible living form that only represent HIM within creation.

Gurucam

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 9th, 2009 10:56 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

As an individual, Jesus is a near complete expression of Bliss, Truth and Love expressed in the idea, spirit and/or physical worlds.

Jesus as non-individual is the pure field of absolute omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence in pure potentiality.

Put another way:

As an individual: Jesus is a blend of man and God on earth. Jesus without a physical body is Spirit, the Holy Spirit. And without physical body and spirit He is God's idea for His creation in purity and potentiality.

Beyond these three Jesus is God, pure total and absolute Truth in potentiality.

Last edited:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Jesus Christ, our humanity - Christ Jesus, our Divine Sovereign

Jesus . . .

He is Abel's Sacrifice, Noah's Rainbow, Abraham's Ram, Isaac's Wells, Jacob's Scepter, Joseph's forgiveness, Moses' Rod, Joshua's Sun and Moon that stood still, Elijah's Mantle, Elisha's Staff, Gideon's Fleece, Samuel's Horn of Oil, David's Slingshot, Isaiah's Fig Poultice, Hezekiah's Sundial, Daniel's Visions, Amos' Burden, and Malachi's Sun of Righteousness.

He is Peter's Shadow, Stephen's Signs and Wonders, Paul's Handkerchiefs and Aprons, and John's Pearly White City.

He is a Father to the Orphan, Husband to the Widow, to the traveler in the night He is the Bright and Morning Star; He is to those who walk in the lonesome valley the Lily of the Valley; He is the Rose of Sharon, the voice of my Beloved, the Altogether Lovely and Honey in the Rock.

He is the Brightness of God's Glory, the Express Image of His Person, the King of Glory, the Pearl of Great Price, the Rock in a Weary Land, the Cup that Runs Over, the Rod and Staff that comforts. And the government of our lives is upon His shoulders.

He is Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of the living God!
My Savior! My Champion! My Companion!
My Lord and my God!
My soon coming King!
He is Jesus!​

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:8

"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."
Revelation 22:16

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
transcending creeds........

transcending creeds........

Who is Jesus?

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.

2. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;

3. Neither confounding the persons, nor dividing the substance

4. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and another of the Holy Spirit.

5. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory equal, the majesty co-eternal.

6. Such as the Father is, such is the Son and such is the Holy Spirit.

7. The Father uncreate, the Son uncreate, and the Holy Spirit uncreate.

8. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.

9. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.

10. And yet they are not three eternals, but one eternal.

11. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensibles, but one uncreated and one incomprehensible.

12. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty;

13. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.

14. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;

15. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.

16. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;

17. And yet they are not three Lords, but one Lord.

18. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every person by himself to be God and Lord;

19. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say: There are three Gods or three Lords.

20. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.

21. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.

22. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

23. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits.

24. And in this Trinity none is afore, nor after another; none is greater, or less than another.

25. But the whole three persons are co-eternal, and co-equal.

26. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.

27. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.

28. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.

29. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man.

30. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and made of the substance of His mother, born in the world.

31. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.

32. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His manhood.

33. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one Christ.

34. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of the manhood into God.

35. One altogether, not by the confusion of substance, but by unity of person.

36. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ;

37. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead;

38. He ascended into heaven, He sitteth on the right hand of the Father, God Almighty;

39. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

40. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;

41. And shall give account of their own works.

42. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting, and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.

43. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully, he cannot be saved.

AMR

Let us remind all, that this "definition" of Jesus is so constrained/convoluted and relative to the doctrinal debate over the Trinity, a 'product' of historical tension, 'formulated' to serve the 'church' superior at that time, - also note its 'tenor' how it begins and ends with basically,...if you dont accept this 'version' of 'theology',....you will perish everlastingly, be damned to hell. Lets get real folks. Adopting an Arian theology(or any other 'interpretation' may be just as good)...since the spiritual, ethical and moral principles of proper conduct and worship towards 'God' and one's fellow man are essentially the same. - its merely a 'squabble' over the technical details over 'theology' (dissecting Jesus to argue over his constitution determined by one's theology) that have divided camps, - one wonders where such borders on 'vanity' or more 'straining at gnats and swallowing camels'. It just so happened that Anthanasius had more political support at a certain juncture in time and gained the ascendency of popular vote, although the Arians held court for some time with imperial approval.

Historical Arian Christianity

As far as who Jesus is, this can be figured from historical sources, both canonical and non-canonical, ancient records and modern day 'channels' - all knowledge or the lack thereof must be taken into consideration. Even from so called spiritual or higher sources,...the details may vary,...but the universal sentiment and soul of Jesus lives on in the hearts of many, even our planetary soul....of a great power of Love and Light, an eternal good and saving grace, whose presence has the power to transform and heal.

Apart from whatever historical evidence might exist,...all else is just 'information' and 'knowledge' of varying credibility or value, that each must research for himself, - then beyond this its a matter of faith, what impact or relationship one has with Jesus, will be a "religious experience" validated by the individual and community who joins with Jesus (in whatever denomination, as long as the Holy Spirit is present, making Jesus a reality in their midst).

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Iggyville........

Iggyville........

Don't know what you are on about, but "below the fold" you now go. Bye! :squint:

AMR

No worries Graphite.....I got put on Iggy recently too, and was assumed "below the fold" :rolleyes: - I used to enjoy exchanges with AMR, but it seems lately he's become a grumpy old man, steeped deeper into his theological 'trench', more impatient, impetuous with a slight arrogance of 'superiority',...which is understandable considering the 'theology' and its 'innate posturing'...where it could eventually lead one's "mentality". Theology can be 'good' when employed appropriately...but can have its own trappings as well.

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.