toldailytopic: Jesus, who is He?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 9th, 2009 10:56 AM

toldailytopic: Jesus, who is He?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think this is the first time I've been online when the daily topic was started...

He was who He is.

antiknight

Is it any wonder why I reject this garbage? Christians are morons that cannot answer a simple question.

torrent85

Son of God, the Word of God, Before Moses I AM, the Lamb slain be for the foundation of the world.

I shall stop there, can't go to far down the rabbit hole yet.

Sozo again

Jesus is God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16), who was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:23) (Luke 1:34), and was found in the appearance of a man (Philippians 2:8), in a body prepared for Him (Hebrews 10:5), in the likeness of sinful flesh, yet without sin (Romans 8:3), and is the exact representation of the nature of God (Hebrews 1:3).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2216672 said:
Jesus is God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16), who was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:23) (Luke 1:34), and was found in the appearance of a man (Philippians 2:8), in a body prepared for Him (Hebrews 10:5), in the likeness of sinful flesh, yet without sin (Romans 8:3), and is the exact representation of the nature of God (Hebrews 1:3).

Bravo (even if we disagree on the details of Him being one person with two natures).

He is God Almighty, the eternal Word made flesh, one with the Father and Holy Spirit (triune).

He is not a mere creature (JW Michael the Archangel), one of many finite gods (LDS). He is not just a prophet (Islam) or great teacher.

He is not dead, but alive forevermore as the Alpha/Omega, First/Last, Beginning/End (Rev. 1:17-18; Jn. 1:1-14; Philippians 2:5-11).

I told you we were brothers with a common faith in the same Lord Jesus Christ. The other issues are secondary and do not negate salvation by grace through faith in Christ.

Is antiknight the real knight playing devil's advocate?

Ps82

Hello Knight and others,

Succinctly:

Isaiah 43:11 I (God), even I, am the LORD, and besides ME there is no savior.

Jesus was/is the LORD manifested in flesh as 'My Lord'.
John 1:1-2 He is the WORD, who was WITH God and WAS GOD. John 1:14
Yet, he was described with even more divine attributes. He contained the LIFE of God and was the true LIGHT of God... Nothing of the Spirit of the invisible God was withheld from him by any measure at all. John 3:34. He only spoke the words of God given to him.

He was the WORD that had shared the glorious presence with God even before the world was: John 17:5 He wanted to have that same glory back when he was resurrected and glorified.

God planned and created the WAY for salvation before the world was ... and also established the WAY for the LORD to come as Our Lord in flesh, by creating an image for these purposes. Gen.1:26-27 and Colossians 1:14 and Colossians 1:15.

Jesus was the Lord in flesh that was sent to be the innocent LAMB of God to be sacrificed for man's sake. The Lamb was God as the Savior - Emmanuel.
For the truth is: Isaiah 43:11 I, even I am the LORD, and BESIDES ME there is NO savior.

It was the first time ever for any person to have seen the LORD manifested as the Savior with flesh. John 1:18

No man at any time has seen God, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he (John the B) hath declared HIM.

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2216691 said:
Being the same is not necessarily doing the same.

YYUR
YYUB
ICUR
YY4ME

Some proof text the verse, so I was hoping he would qualify it as you have done.

It is about constancy of character and attributes, not absolute, Platonic strong immutability in every way (the incarnation is a radical change; God is personal and changes in some ways, but not in other ways).

While you are investigating MAD, would you consider investigating Open Theism in the same detail and 'open' mind (or have you 'settled' your opinion already, no pun intended)?

Status
Not open for further replies.