toldailytopic: Jesus, who is He?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ps82

Hello everyone,

Jesus may very well have had deep blue eyes, light colored skin, and auburn hair.

There is an unusual scripture that mentions special visible beings who looked like this. Just if this description refers to the created image that God used from time to time to manifest his presence visually within the creation, then this could be its only description.

The reason I think this could apply to God's personal image named LORD (Gen.1:26-27) (Exodus 34:6) (Exodus 6:3) is because I also believe that God used his ONE image repeatedly at time. He manifested IT as three Lords in Gen. 18 and 19 ... as the Father in Exodus 24:10 and again as the Son the NT.

How else could Jesus say: When you have SEEN ME ...you have SEEN THE FATHER.

I think that these verses describe the three Lords that appeared unto Abraham in Gen. 18 and 19, and since I believe they were three identical manifestations of the ONE image God personally uses to appear unto men... I think this describes HIS lordly image ... and therefore describes the presence of Jesus as Lord as well.

Lamentations 4:6 and Lamentations 4:7
For the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people (the descendants of Israel) is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment (When the three lords worked in one accord to accomplish the destruction of Sodom), and no hands stayed on her (that city).
Her (Israel's) Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than (red) rubies, their polishing was of sapphire.

I ponder that this means that the lords had white skin, but it was the ruddy complexion of a red head ... while having shinny blue eyes.

I have a number of cousins that look just like this.

Since I believe that Jesus is the LORD come in flesh ... I believed he also looked just like these three lords of Gen.18 and 19.

elohiym

And who do you think He is, and why?

I know he's Lord, the Christ, God in the flesh.

The reason I know this is because of the evidence and my experience having received His life. Of course, that may sound too vague for many, so I'll elaborate a little bit.

I was born and raised an ethnic Jew. I heard about Jesus and asked my relatives who he was. All they would tell me is that he was just a good man, or something like that. As I got older I became interested in learning about Christianity. I started reading the Bible and found that based on numerous eyewitness testimonies that Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies that foretold of the coming messiah, the Christ.

As I studied more, I came to believe that the Christ was not merely a man who came to lead his people, but actually God incarnate come to save all men from sin. The scriptural evidence for that was overwhelming, and as I became more familiar with Bible and finally understood and accepted the gospel, I saw just how much it made sense that God incarnated in man.

MacGyver

Jesus might have been a man who existed a couple thousand years ago. The Bible says he did, science (more history really, but you know), has yet to prove that he existed. We don't have any first-hand documents, other than possibly the Bible, documenting his actions or even his existence.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I agree with MacGyvver . As a non-christian , I don't believe
that he was literally the son of a young girl who was chosen out of the blue by God 2,000 years ago to be impregnated by him in order to be brutally executed in order to redeem mankind.
But if he never existed, and is nothing but a fictitious character invented by the individuals who wrote the New Testament , I don't know what reason they would have had for doing this , so there may very well have been a historical Jesus who was executed by the Romans because they feared that he would incite the inhabitants of ancient Palestine to rebellion after having been an itenerant preacher for some time, and stirring up controversy of some kind .
And if there was an actual Jesus , it appears that many legends and myths spread about him after his death .
You know, the stories about miracles, walking on water, the resurrection, the virgin birth etc.
And the description of Mary as a virgin comes from a mistranslation into English and other European languages of the
Hebrew word Almah , which is what she is called in the Hebrew text. This simply means a young woman; it was mistranslated as virgin , which is not the same thing .
So the whole story about the virgin birth and God impregnating her was a complete fabrication .
No offense meant to believing Christinas. If they want to believe
this story , that's their right .

keypurr

Jesus is the Christ. The only begotton son of the one and only God. God (his father) elevated him to Lord of all creation. He is the only mediator between God and mankind.

Theolog

Come on now... I want to hear your answer.

OK big boy, here goes.
Jesus is the King of Israel. And I don't mean that S***hole over there in the middle east.
He was the Old Covenant King of Israel and rejected because he was not a man.
He was the New Covenant King of Israel and rejected because he was a man.
He is the Churches (spiritual Israel) King and they reject him because He does not have a physical body.
He just can't make anyone happy, can he?

synapse

When Jesus speaks in Revelation 3:21, he tells us the he will be seated with his Father. Is that two persons ? No the Father and Jesus are one (John 10:30) because the Father lives in Jesus. There is one God, one savior, one Father, one LORD, one throne, one King of Kings and Lord of lords...Jesus/Yeshua/Yehoshua.

Jesus is everything: He is God, savior, mediator, propitiation for sin, advocate, and comforter. Soon, he will be our rescuer, King and ruler.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
∅2L84U;2216672 said:
Jesus is God manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16), who was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:23) (Luke 1:34), and was found in the appearance of a man (Philippians 2:8), in a body prepared for Him (Hebrews 10:5), in the likeness of sinful flesh, yet without sin (Romans 8:3), and is the exact representation of the nature of God (Hebrews 1:3).
:thumb:

Did He wear sandals trillions of years ago? Does He still wear sandals?
No.

Yes.

∅2L84U;2216691 said:
Being the same is not necessarily doing the same.
Thank you.

Some proof text the verse, so I was hoping he would qualify it as you have done.
You know I'm OV.

It is about constancy of character and attributes, not absolute, Platonic strong immutability in every way (the incarnation is a radical change; God is personal and changes in some ways, but not in other ways).
We know this.

While you are investigating MAD, would you consider investigating Open Theism in the same detail and 'open' mind (or have you 'settled' your opinion already, no pun intended)?
Well, we know he doesn't like labels, but he has already confessed to believing as the MAD/OV crowd does in an open future and God knowing only what can be known, yet salvation being secure and eternal.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jesus might have been a man who existed a couple thousand years ago. The Bible says he did, science (more history really, but you know), has yet to prove that he existed. We don't have any first-hand documents, other than possibly the Bible, documenting his actions or even his existence.

Most atheists do not doubt His historicity.

The Bible is unsurpassed as accurate historical narrative and divine revelation.

The real issue is who is Jesus and what are you going to do with Him based on His claims (Jn. 3:16; Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12).

Your eternal destiny rides on this, so only a fool would not pursue the truth. I guess your first step would be to settle the existence of God issue (Psalm 14:1).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
OK big boy, here goes.
Jesus is the King of Israel. And I don't mean that S***hole over there in the middle east.
He was the Old Covenant King of Israel and rejected because he was not a man.
He was the New Covenant King of Israel and rejected because he was a man.
He is the Churches (spiritual Israel) King and they reject him because He does not have a physical body.
He just can't make anyone happy, can he?

Mumbo jumbo dumbo....is He God or not?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
He is the Messiah, the Son of God, the only Salvation, and the only way to the Father.

Too generic...JWs, Mormons, former Armstrongites, Catholics, Evangelicals, etc. can claim the same thing, but JWs/Mormons, etc. have different views than historical Christians.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
When Jesus speaks in Revelation 3:21, he tells us the he will be seated with his Father. Is that two persons ? No the Father and Jesus are one (John 10:30) because the Father lives in Jesus. There is one God, one savior, one Father, one LORD, one throne, one King of Kings and Lord of lords...Jesus/Yeshua/Yehoshua.

Jesus is everything: He is God, savior, mediator, propitiation for sin, advocate, and comforter. Soon, he will be our rescuer, King and ruler.

Modalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.