toldailytopic: Look into the future and make a prediction of historical importance.

Zeus

BANNED
Banned
Religious Folks will lift their priorities to care for the poor and needy, letting the matters of sexual behavior leave their radar screens. And then hell will freeze over.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I predict that the internet, cell phone systems and electrical power grid will all be shut down simultaneously. That also means no television, no radio and no water to most of the country. Within weeks most of the population will have died.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I also predict a new intolerance era. The perverts, gays, trans whatevers and other misfits will be rounded up and summarily executed.

fool

Hall of Fame
Gossip--He was actually engaged to be married to Ann Caroline Coleman, but gossip and nasty rumors drove a wedge between them, including rumors that he was marrying her for her money. Ann broke off the engagement and suffered an attack of hysteria. She died shortly after. It is believed she died from a overdose of laudanum. After this Buchanan vowed to never marry. He preserved Ann's letters which were burned upon his death at his request.
Marrying a woman don't mean you're not gay. He didn't exactly spend much time courting her.
Plus there's the fact that;
Fromhere;http://www.salon.com/2012/05/14/our_real_first_gay_president/
Today, I know no historian who has studied the matter and thinks Buchanan was heterosexual. Fifteen years ago, historian John Howard, author of “Men Like That,” a pioneering study of queer culture in Mississippi, shared with me the key documents, including Buchanan’s May 13, 1844, letter to a Mrs. Roosevelt. Describing his deteriorating social life after his great love, William Rufus King, senator from Alabama, had moved to Paris to become our ambassador to France, Buchanan wrote:

I am now “solitary and alone,” having no companion in the house with me. I have gone a wooing to several gentlemen, but have not succeeded with any one of them. I feel that it is not good for man to be alone; and should not be astonished to find myself married to some old maid who can nurse me when I am sick, provide good dinners for me when I am well, and not expect from me any very ardent or romantic affection.
My prediction--more historic figures will be sullied by garbage presented as news.

It's only "garbage" if for some reason you think being gay "sullies" someone.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I predict that the internet, cell phone systems and electrical power grid will all be shut down simultaneously. That also means no television, no radio and no water to most of the country. Within weeks most of the population will have died.

the kids I work with will never survive without cell phones and the internet

eameece

The current modest recovery will continue at least through 2018. The worst crash is behind us.

Green tech could accelerate from that time on.

Progressives will rule in America in the 2020s.

In the mid-2020s, a break up of the USA union is possible.

Basic changes in the political system are possible at this time, such as the end of the 2-party system, the end of money in politics (public financing), a parliamentary system, the end of gerrymandering, electoral college changes or abolition, etc.

http://philosopherswheel.com/hna.html

eameece

More predictions, just for the nice folks here:

More predictions, just for the nice folks here:

Gay marriage will be legalized everywhere.

Abortion will never be outlawed, and abortion pills will take the issue away from you.

The nuclear family will never return to what it was in the 1950s.

Women's liberation will continue, and the glass ceiling will be broken.

Immigrants will continue to cross the US border illegally, and the nation will keep getting browner.

Gun control will increase.

Fundamentalist and evangelical Christianity will decline, and will not be the face of Christianity in the future.

Christ will not return in the way you expect.

The Republican Party will wither and die.

More and more red states will turn purple.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
genetic engineering will enable scientists to finally grow a brain for eemee

it will take years and cost hundreds of lives

Charity

When Jesus returns for christians, all the muslims will see an believe, the faith will grow hugh as they wait for their Missiah, who can also apear an trump the christians Jesus.round Love 2