toldailytopic: Should I stay or should I go? If states begin to secede from the Union

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 9th, 2013 09:40 AM

toldailytopic: Should I stay or should I go? If states begin to secede from the Union, will you be moving to one?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would probably move to one of the seceding states. I am very dissatisfied with how Obama has run things.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't decided. But, Indiana's one of the states that petitioned secession. So, I may not have to either way.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm in liberal Colorado so YES I would be moving for sure. I would like Florida as my number one pick but I would settle for Arizona or Texas.

Hopefully they would quickly build a wall to keep the liberal-zombies out.

Christ's Word

A number of states are talking tough, but I suspect only a few have the votes right now. Montana, North Dakota, Utah, maybe Texas. Montana and Texas are in the best position logistically to secede, because of their infrastructure, including large National Guard forces that the Governor could take control of, and their copious energy resources. Texas has access to sea ports and a number of other advantages. Montana has better fresh water resources.

Even though cold weather is not my favorite, I would be leaning toward Montana, close to family, and a rock solid population.

Sorry Knight, Florida will have to kick out 20 percent of it population to ever make secession a reality there.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Some of the free state nutters who are attempting to take over my NH have a secession petition but the growing sentiment amongst most granite staters is that it's the free state folks who can leave, not our state.

drbrumley

Some of the free state nutters who are attempting to take over my NH have a secession petition but the growing sentiment amongst most granite staters is that it's the free state folks who can leave, not our state.

Yeah, I always thought the NH motto wasn't even to believed by its' own citizens....

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I always thought the NH motto wasn't even to believed by its' own citizens....

Well that's nice and clueless of ya, doc, but the motto very much is, and things were quite all right before the free state loons showed up. What they managed to do is make our state legislature a national laughingstock and repeatedly lied to hide their affiliation and their agenda. Folks have started to catch on, thankfully.

drbrumley

Well that's nice and clueless of ya, doc, but the motto very much is, and things were quite all right before the free state loons showed up. What they managed to do is make our state legislature a national laughingstock and repeatedly lied to hide their affiliation and their agenda. Folks have started to catch on, thankfully.

Nawwww, not clueless. Sure you Yanks are free to side yourselves with the national disgrace in Washington DC.

So what affiliations are these people with to make it a laughing stock? KKK etc?

jeremysdemo

this is all rubbish,

no states are seceding neither do they want to,

it is only used as a political bargaining chip/threat to forward other agendas the states want to put pressure on the Federal Government over.

it's a bluff that will never be called, but a right the states do have to employ.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

drbrumley

Live free or Die, and the first thing NH did was give up their soverignty to DC, way2go.....so much for living free.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Sorry Knight, Florida will have to kick out 20 percent of it population to ever make secession a reality there.

^^^
This is true. :plain:

IMHO The only state which has a realistic chance of doing it is Texas. It remains to be seen if they REALLY have the will.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nawwww, not clueless. Sure you Yanks are free to side yourselves with the national disgrace in Washington DC.

So what affiliations are these people with to make it a laughing stock? KKK etc?

If you're going to insult the state I've called home for most of my life find a good reason, otherwise, with due respect, get yourself informed or shut your mouth.

The free state project itself is so toxic those associated with it (lobbyists, activist, legislators) are trying to avoid linking themselves to the name. It takes a lot but "crazy" doesn't have an indefinite shelf life in this state.

P.S. Calling anyone a "Yankee" around here will either get you a strange look, a quick barb back, or a punch, depending on where you're standing. Just FYI.

zoo22

Are the rebel freedom forces still waiting around for states to secede? Watching from the safety of home, fantasizing about where they'll go in case someone gets past signing online petitions? Have folks started deciding on cool flags, or is that a little too advanced in terms of organization?

Maybe there should be a FSL (Fantasy Secession League).

drbrumley

If you're going to insult the state I've called home for most of my life find a good reason, otherwise, with due respect, get yourself informed or shut your mouth.

With all due respect, that wasn't an insult.....Just stating fact

The free state project itself is so toxic those associated with it (lobbyists, activist, legislators) are trying to avoid linking themselves to the name. It takes a lot but "crazy" doesn't have an indefinite shelf life in this state. .

Okkkkk, being I don't know NH politics in the current go around, I have no idea what your talking about.

P.S. Calling anyone a "Yankee" around here will either get you a strange look, a quick barb back, or a punch, depending on where you're standing. Just FYI.

:shrugs: Sorry but your north of the Mason-Dixon line, so Yankee applies. New York doesn't have the rights exclusively.

Paulos

this is all rubbish,

it is only used as a political bargaining chip/threat to forward other agendas the states want to put pressure on the Federal Government over.

it's a bluff that will never be called, but a right the states do have to employ.

Thanks for posting that. Common sense is what it is.

drbrumley

Are the rebel freedom forces still waiting around for states to secede? Watching from the safety of home, fantasizing about where they'll go in case someone gets past signing online petitions? Have folks started deciding on cool flags, or is that a little too advanced in terms of organization?

Maybe there should be a FSL (Fantasy Secession League).

LOL!!!! That's good......

Christ's Word

Many people in many states want to secede, the only question is, will Obama and the crazy left start a civil war before secession starts. Once secession starts, there will be a domino effect that will include 30 to 35 dominoes (states for the easterners and Brits).

jeremysdemo

CW, you've bought the propaganda hook line and sinker,

we have a local bridge here for sale, would you like to make on offer on it?

talk about being gullible :rotfl:

keep shinin

jerm :cool: