toldailytopic: The Sabbath: what is it's significance? Do you observe it? Why or why

Status
Not open for further replies.

YahuShuan

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 25th, 2011 09:19 AM

toldailytopic: The Sabbath: what is it's significance? Do you observe it? Why or why not?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

It is the "sign of My People forever, said Yahuweh. An "appointed time" that Yah desires to meet with us. I pray not to ever miss our on that again. So yes, I observe it as a Command for His People FOREVER. To me, if one refuses Him on that day, they carry NO SIGN of being of "His People". To me, it is the awl in the ear which a slave takes upon himself to stay with the Master he has served. This slave prefers the Master Yahuweh, and I desire to stay in His Household. Yahu'Shua observes it, and I follow Him, so I will too. Seems to me that is more than two goodly excuses to "do the FATHER's desires" instead of my own, or some pope way back in the past who decided to play god and take His place. I don't follow any anti-christs, let alone baby anti-christs like a pope who "attempts to change the times and seasons".

red cardinal

One of the reasons for the Shabbot is as a reminder that YHVH created all things in heaven and earth in six days. Those that forget the Shabbot are more likely to believe something like billions of years and evolution.

Another reason for Shabbot is as a sign between YHVH and His people. So who are His people? Isaiah says that all those that join themselves to the LORD weather Jew or a foreigner, are His people.

Isa 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that holdeth it fast; that keepeth the sabbath from profaning it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:3 Neither let the foreigner, that hath joined himself to Jehovah, speak, saying, Jehovah will surely separate me from his people; neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.

Thanks for your input! I read through Isaiah 56 and to me it refers to Christ, not to Israel or the old covenant. I have felt for a long time that much what the "major" prophets were foretelling was in reference to Jesus in these passages. I understand that there are other opinions. But sometimes I feel like those who promote keeping the Sabbath are protesting too much, when it was an old covenant sign to Israel, not a new covenant "sign" to believers in Jesus Christ. Just throwing that out there to chew on :sheep:

red cardinal

It is the "sign of My People forever, said Yahuweh. An "appointed time" that Yah desires to meet with us. I pray not to ever miss our on that again. So yes, I observe it as a Command for His People FOREVER. To me, if one refuses Him on that day, they carry NO SIGN of being of "His People". To me, it is the awl in the ear which a slave takes upon himself to stay with the Master he has served. This slave prefers the Master Yahuweh, and I desire to stay in His Household. Yahu'Shua observes it, and I follow Him, so I will too. Seems to me that is more than two goodly excuses to "do the FATHER's desires" instead of my own, or some pope way back in the past who decided to play god and take His place. I don't follow any anti-christs, let alone baby anti-christs like a pope who "attempts to change the times and seasons".

So you do not differentiate between the physical nation of Israel [had to be circumcised in the flesh - old covenant] and believers [Jews and gentiles - no longer a physical nation, nor circumcised in the flesh] as identical?

Do you think Jesus still keeps Torah? And if so, why was Torah given to Israel?

red cardinal

The Law -- Jesus and the Commands of God <-- TOL LINK.

I have posted the commands of God, particularly the ten commands, and their NT correspondance, throughout this thread (old though, (started over a year ago) I know). I believe it is good for something. I do not believe I am under the law, but under grace.To me that means you think they were abolished, or anulled.Yes, from Jeremiah.I just found these links here. You may find similar through your own searches.

Idolotry: 312-357. See the 613 commandments, as referenced here, in this link: http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

Fornication: Genesis 38:24-26; 34:7;Exodus 20:14; Deuteronomy 22:22

Things strangled: "What does these principles refer to; abstaining from blood, meat offered to idols and things strangled and from fornication?" http://www.scribd.com/doc/22012462/The-613-Commandments-and-the-10-Commandments-Part-1

Blood: "(17) not to eat blood;" http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/613.htm Same... just found this link.Correct. But it had been involved in their discussion.You have a good point. In my case I learn more about Jesus and righteousness when I learn about God's law. Psalm 119. I am a Gentile by birth.See my first link in this post. There are a lot of posts in that thread, but in my mind they progressed. You can copy them (the references/verses) for your own studies if you would like.Even when Paul "went to the Gentiles", he always went to the synagogues first. He loved Christ and loved the people he was connected to by birth. To the Jew first, and also to the Greek.:)

Thanks for dialoguing with me! I am not really into reading the Talmudic discussions on the Bible. I was more interested in actual verses that the 4 laws would be quoting or at least be referred to as clearly included in Torah. Maybe I will do a word search and see what I come up with!!!

red cardinal

This is what I found on the 4 laws and Torah. It does appear that they are all there, although somewhat obscure. I think we can get the gist of it, though. And in the little bit of searching that I did, it is clear that the reference to Moses could be that these laws are found there, in respect for the Jews. I don't think that verse was meant to say that new believers were supposed to head to the nearest synagogue to learn about those 4 laws. They are pretty clear it seems to me. Just saying .... even me, a dipsy old "gentile" "gets it" just from reading Acts 15 :baby: I don't think it needs a major exegesis :readthis:

* abstain from pollutions of idols

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

* from fornication,

Lev 18

* from things strangled

I can find nothing in the OT Law about "things strangled". I would suppose it has to do with how animals are killed to be eaten - referencing the priest "putting his hand on the animal and killing it" - can we assume that it means not strangled? I think so. Apparently, the 4 laws were given so as not to offend the Jews, and so I think we can infer it had to do with strangling meat for me.

* from blood.

This "law" existed before God gave Torah to Israel:

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

From Torah:

Lev 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Lev 17:12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.

amosman

Thanks for your input! I read through Isaiah 56 and to me it refers to Christ, not to Israel or the old covenant. I have felt for a long time that much what the "major" prophets were foretelling was in reference to Jesus in these passages. I understand that there are other opinions. But sometimes I feel like those who promote keeping the Sabbath are protesting too much, when it was an old covenant sign to Israel, not a new covenant "sign" to believers in Jesus Christ. Just throwing that out there to chew on :sheep:

You are correct about these things speaking of Yeshua. But seems to me that should make the Shabbot even for relevant to Christians. Whenever you separate the Torah and the Prophets from the new testament, you can never make sense of the scriptures. Plain and simple YHVH does not want the Foreigner to separate themselves from Israel which is eccentrically what you just did.

red cardinal

You are correct about these things speaking of Yeshua. But seems to me that should make the Shabbot even for relevant to Christians. Whenever you separate the Torah and the Prophets from the new testament, you can never make sense of the scriptures. Plain and simple YHVH does not want the Foreigner to separate themselves from Israel which is eccentrically what you just did.

Jesus is the Sabbath, so when you read Isaiah 56, from that perspective, the foreigner is also in the Sabbath.

I just wanted to quote a portion of Isaiah 56 here. I thought I would bold some of the phrasing to connect up how I view this as a prophecy of Christ. I also inserted Jesus in brackets so you can see how I apply this to Christ.

Isa 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation [Jesus] is near to come, and my righteousness [Jesus] to be revealed.
Isa 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; [Jesus] that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD [Jesus], speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant [new covenant in Jesus Christ;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name [Jesus] better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name [Jesus], that shall not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD [Jesus], to serve him [Jesus], and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant [New covenant];
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain [Jesus], and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isa 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him [Jesus], beside those that are gathered unto him.[Jesus]

Layla

The sabbath as in a day of rest? I wish. I work a 13.5 hour shift. If only the NHS respected the sabbath.

The sabbath as a day for worship? No, I don't do that any day.

YahuShuan

So you do not differentiate between the physical nation of Israel [had to be circumcised in the flesh - old covenant] and believers [Jews and gentiles - no longer a physical nation, nor circumcised in the flesh] as identical?

Do you think Jesus still keeps Torah? And if so, why was Torah given to Israel?

Jesus who? What does the name "Jesus mean? Does it have the Father's Name in it? Then who do you think you are talking about? I don;t worhip Greek interpretations of a Jewish Messiah. And if you didn;t, then you would know there are FOUR LEVELS OF INTERPRETATION THAT MAKE THE ONE. And you would also know that the Jewish Messiah whose Name is Yahu'Shua IS the TORAH MADE FLESH. Oh this is getting so old, you people who live on Greek milk can never get into Jewish MEAT. If you are not grafted in to the CITIZENSHIP OF ISRAEL then what are you grafted in to? The Messiah you say??? HE IS ISRAEL! You say you follow Him? Well HE obeyed Torah and IS Torah, and if you do not follow Torah you have no Messiah! For you follow nothing. But yourselves and those others like you who say "we do not listen" thinking they have a new covenant when what happened was that the old one has been RESTORED in order to RE-CONCILE us to Yah BY HIS WORD. Not some new words that changes the ones the True Messiah said would never change. You think He fulfilled all the Torah, yes He did, but there is another "level" that has caught you "unaware", and you would not be caught unaware if you knew the Feats of Yahuweh that your "father's inherited lies and things of no value" CHANGED. Aaaaaaaaaaargh! You will get that soon. When you realize that Yah will not speak to you when you want, because you never showed up when HE wanted you to!!!!!!! At HIS "Appointed times". There weren't your appointed times you boneheads, THEY ARE HIS APPOINTED TIMES. And YOU don't care about anything more than a free ride. Think...How's that gonna work for you when you show up to the Wedding Feast UNDRESSED? And you don't even get that parable...but you will. The "remnant" in the "wilderness" wants you to do that now, so you can help to "prepare the way of Yah"! I am so tired of hearing Him plead with you all by ALL His Words, by the "VOLUME OF THE BOOK" and you all say "we do not listen". But the tireder I get, I know, the closer HE is to His returning. And that in itself is a "time of refreshing". And when I see you not listening, I know there are others who are, because HIS WORDS do NOT come back empty or void...and I know it is HE who has the water they need. And you who has no oil because you did not even care to go get it yourself FROM HIM. You stole it just like you steal claims to salvation which you do not even have that "ONE NAME GIVEN UNTO MEN WHEREBY ALL MEN MUST BE SAVED!" REPENTANCE comes before salvation, not salvation before repentance. Why do you think that we were told about the "theives who crept in"? So we who believe upon HIS WORDS can not be swayed. When you show up for His Wedding Feast, will you be dressed as a Hebrew? Or a Greek pagan? Will your invitation be in Greek? Or in Hebrew? Well bubbies, if your invite in not in Hebrew, to a Hebrew Wedding Feast, I think you will be told that the Greek weddings are downstairs. ONE NAME GIVEN! Not two, three, or four. Or is it that you folks just can't read at all. You best look up the word "new" in the OLD TESTAMENT and use the "H" factor to get your reliance. The "G" factor is the ANTI-MESSIAH. Four levels in Hebrew, "block logic" like the borg cube (maybe you can get that in your worldly way of thinking).

Abbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! We NEED YOU to step in! They still say "we do not listen" AND they say Your Words are different from Your Son's Words...they did not hear Him say that if that was true then He would be a liar! So they are making Him a liar when HE is NOT! "Father forgive them they KNOW NOT what they do"...AGAIN.

red cardinal

Jesus who? What does the name "Jesus mean? Does it have the Father's Name in it? Then who do you think you are talking about? I don;t worhip Greek interpretations of a Jewish Messiah. And if you didn;t, then you would know there are FOUR LEVELS OF INTERPRETATION THAT MAKE THE ONE. And you would also know that the Jewish Messiah whose Name is Yahu'Shua IS the TORAH MADE FLESH. Oh this is getting so old, you people who live on Greek milk can never get into Jewish MEAT. Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

Abbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! We NEED YOU to step in!

Hi yahushuan,

You have an interesting nic - very creative :D

Jesus means "salvation". I am not sure what you mean that "does it have the Father's Name in it?".

What are the 4 levels of interpretation that you are referring to?

You have some unusual concepts there. Who is "Yahu'Shua" and what does it mean "Torah made flesh"? I don't think I have ever read that in the Bible. Just saying .... :cool:

What is Greek milk? I don't think I have ever had it before. Can you buy in at a regular grocery store or do you have to go one of those foreign type food stores to get it. Maybe it's sheep milk? Trying to remember what kind of animals are in Greece. :dunce:

Jewish meat? I think you are messing with me now :party:

red cardinal

Jesus who? What does the name "Jesus mean? Does it have the Father's Name in it? Then who do you think you are talking about? I don;t worhip Greek interpretations of a Jewish Messiah. And if you didn;t, then you would know there are FOUR LEVELS OF INTERPRETATION THAT MAKE THE ONE. And you would also know that the Jewish Messiah whose Name is Yahu'Shua IS the TORAH MADE FLESH. Oh this is getting so old, you people who live on Greek milk can never get into Jewish MEAT. If you are not grafted in to the CITIZENSHIP OF ISRAEL then what are you grafted in to? The Messiah you say??? HE IS ISRAEL! You say you follow Him? Well HE obeyed Torah and IS Torah, and if you do not follow Torah you have no Messiah! For you follow nothing. But yourselves and those others like you who say "we do not listen" thinking they have a new covenant when what happened was that the old one has been RESTORED in order to RE-CONCILE us to Yah BY HIS WORD. Not some new words that changes the ones the True Messiah said would never change. You think He fulfilled all the Torah, yes He did, but there is another "level" that has caught you "unaware", and you would not be caught unaware if you knew the Feats of Yahuweh that your "father's inherited lies and things of no value" CHANGED. Aaaaaaaaaaargh! You will get that soon. When you realize that Yah will not speak to you when you want, because you never showed up when HE wanted you to!!!!!!! At HIS "Appointed times". There weren't your appointed times you boneheads, THEY ARE HIS APPOINTED TIMES. And YOU don't care about anything more than a free ride. Think...How's that gonna work for you when you show up to the Wedding Feast UNDRESSED? And you don't even get that parable...but you will. The "remnant" in the "wilderness" wants you to do that now, so you can help to "prepare the way of Yah"! I am so tired of hearing Him plead with you all by ALL His Words, by the "VOLUME OF THE BOOK" and you all say "we do not listen". But the tireder I get, I know, the closer HE is to His returning. And that in itself is a "time of refreshing". And when I see you not listening, I know there are others who are, because HIS WORDS do NOT come back empty or void...and I know it is HE who has the water they need. And you who has no oil because you did not even care to go get it yourself FROM HIM. You stole it just like you steal claims to salvation which you do not even have that "ONE NAME GIVEN UNTO MEN WHEREBY ALL MEN MUST BE SAVED!" REPENTANCE comes before salvation, not salvation before repentance. Why do you think that we were told about the "theives who crept in"? So we who believe upon HIS WORDS can not be swayed. When you show up for His Wedding Feast, will you be dressed as a Hebrew? Or a Greek pagan? Will your invitation be in Greek? Or in Hebrew? Well bubbies, if your invite in not in Hebrew, to a Hebrew Wedding Feast, I think you will be told that the Greek weddings are downstairs. ONE NAME GIVEN! Not two, three, or four. Or is it that you folks just can't read at all. You best look up the word "new" in the OLD TESTAMENT and use the "H" factor to get your reliance. The "G" factor is the ANTI-MESSIAH. Four levels in Hebrew, "block logic" like the borg cube (maybe you can get that in your worldly way of thinking).

Abbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! We NEED YOU to step in! They still say "we do not listen" AND they say Your Words are different from Your Son's Words...they did not hear Him say that if that was true then He would be a liar! So they are making Him a liar when HE is NOT! "Father forgive them they KNOW NOT what they do"...AGAIN.

Oh dear .. you edited your post and I missed so much!!! I am not quite understanding a lot of what you are talking about here, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a lot of questions!

From the content of your post, I gather that you are pretty angry. Why/What do you want the "Father to forgive them for"?

Ok - you said that Jesus is Israel. I am not quite following that. If Jesus was born of a virgin, overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, and having no earthly human father, then how can He be the physical nation of Israel? He would have to be a mighty big man :Shimei:

You believe that Jesus is an actual scroll filled with Laws? Wow!!! :freak:

What covenant was restored? You mean like taking an old rusty, dented, broken down car and restoring to look like new? How can a covenant be "restored"?

Yikes, this is kind of strange statement to make: "to RE-CONCILE us to Yah BY HIS WORD.". I read something different in Eph 2. Let me quote it:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

You have some very peculiar ideas > "When you realize that Yah will not speak to you when you want, because you never showed up when HE wanted you to!!!!!!!At HIS "Appointed times". There weren't your appointed times you boneheads, THEY ARE HIS APPOINTED TIMES. And YOU don't care about anything more than a free ride." Whatever are you talking about? :think:

I might as well keep going, but wow, you have lots of strange things posted here > "How's that gonna work for you when you show up to the Wedding Feast UNDRESSED? And you don't even get that parable...but you will. The "remnant" in the "wilderness" wants you to do that now, so you can help to "prepare the way of Yah"! What do you mean by showing up "undressed"? Do you think people are going to be in Heaven in the nude? :shocked: What parable are you referring to? What "remnant in the wilderness"? I thought John prepared the way of the Lord? :eek:

I don't know about the rest of it. Too hard to follow. I think you are Messianic from what I can tell, so that's probably why it doesn't make much sense to me. I have one question though, why do you think we need an invitation to get into Heaven, and secondly, IF there was such a thing, why would it be in a language that no one knows???? :confused: You've got some weird stuff going on there!!!:readthis:

YahuShuan

Hi yahushuan,

You have an interesting nic - very creative :D

Jesus means "salvation". I am not sure what you mean that "does it have the Father's Name in it?".

What are the 4 levels of interpretation that you are referring to?

You have some unusual concepts there. Who is "Yahu'Shua" and what does it mean "Torah made flesh"? I don't think I have ever read that in the Bible. Just saying .... :cool:

What is Greek milk? I don't think I have ever had it before. Can you buy in at a regular grocery store or do you have to go one of those foreign type food stores to get it. Maybe it's sheep milk? Trying to remember what kind of animals are in Greece. :dunce:

Jewish meat? I think you are messing with me now :party:

No..."Jesus" means "saviour". The Greeks had MANY saviours. The Jews had many messiah's too. The True Mesiah would have to have the Father's Name in His own Name, it was prophecied. Yahu'Shua does...the J name does NOT. There was and is only "one Name given among men whereby ALL MEN MUST BE SAVED". If you knew the Son's REAL NAME, you would also know that it's very meaning states "SALVATION IS OF YAH". That NAME sends ALL MEN to YAHUWEH who is THE ROCK AND REDEEMER.

But you didn't know that did you. It is the FATHER who is the ROCK! So what "hewn stone" are you praying too? See, in the Old Testament is states clearly that a stone that has been touched by any tools of men, is polutted and can not be used for an alter!!!!!

When you can soak that up I'll continue, but for now, I see your foxiness and will leave you with just enough oil for you to go get some more. Do it before "even what you have will be taken". Fair warning, do not mock me, or you mock HIM. If you are truly seeking truth, I am oh so willing to help, but I pray HE does so, and not me. If you are sincere, then I would be loving the sincerity, and see you as a brother, sister, etc. Forgive me if you are sincere and I come on too strong. And yes, I frequently get told to continue after I thought I should stop, and yes, I do so obey and go back.

YahuShuan

Christians promote abominations saying we are not under the law. "we do not listen".

Christians promote abominations saying we are not under the law. "we do not listen".

Oh dear .. you edited your post and I missed so much!!! I am not quite understanding a lot of what you are talking about here, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a lot of questions!

From the content of your post, I gather that you are pretty angry. Why/What do you want the "Father to forgive them for"?

Ok - you said that Jesus is Israel. I am not quite following that. If Jesus was born of a virgin, overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, and having no earthly human father, then how can He be the physical nation of Israel? He would have to be a mighty big man :Shimei:

You believe that Jesus is an actual scroll filled with Laws? Wow!!! :freak:

What covenant was restored? You mean like taking an old rusty, dented, broken down car and restoring to look like new? How can a covenant be "restored"?

Yikes, this is kind of strange statement to make: "to RE-CONCILE us to Yah BY HIS WORD.". I read something different in Eph 2. Let me quote it:

Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

You have some very peculiar ideas > "When you realize that Yah will not speak to you when you want, because you never showed up when HE wanted you to!!!!!!!At HIS "Appointed times". There weren't your appointed times you boneheads, THEY ARE HIS APPOINTED TIMES. And YOU don't care about anything more than a free ride." Whatever are you talking about? :think:

I might as well keep going, but wow, you have lots of strange things posted here > "How's that gonna work for you when you show up to the Wedding Feast UNDRESSED? And you don't even get that parable...but you will. The "remnant" in the "wilderness" wants you to do that now, so you can help to "prepare the way of Yah"! What do you mean by showing up "undressed"? Do you think people are going to be in Heaven in the nude? :shocked: What parable are you referring to? What "remnant in the wilderness"? I thought John prepared the way of the Lord? :eek:

I don't know about the rest of it. Too hard to follow. I think you are Messianic from what I can tell, so that's probably why it doesn't make much sense to me. I have one question though, why do you think we need an invitation to get into Heaven, and secondly, IF there was such a thing, why would it be in a language that no one knows???? :confused: You've got some weird stuff going on there!!!:readthis:

Let me post Jeremiah chapter six as I see it in "The Scriptures", a Bible sold at cost that folks can't get in the stores...Read it with the BELIEF that the Covenant has not been changed, but has been RE-Newed, Restored, and is to be our tool of reconciliation with Yah, by the Word which is His Son, and also, THESE WORDS...

Jer 6:1 “O children of Binyamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Yerushalayim! Blow the ram’s horn in Teqowa, and set up a signal-fire in Bĕyth Hakkerem, for evil has been seen from the north, and great destruction.
Jer 6:2 “I shall cut off the lovely and delicate one, the daughter of Tsiyon.
Jer 6:3 “The shepherds with their flocks shall come to her, they shall pitch their tents against her all around. They shall pasture, each one in his own place.”
Jer 6:4 “Set apart battle against her. Arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe to us, for the day goes away, for the shadows of the evening are lengthening.
Jer 6:5 “Arise, and let us go by night, and let us destroy her palaces.”
Jer 6:6 For thus said יהוה of hosts, “Cut down her trees, and cast up a siege mound against Yerushalayim. She is the city to be punished, in whose midst there is only oppression.
Jer 6:7 “As a well flows with water, so she flows with her evil. Violence and destruction are heard in her. Before Me continually are suffering and smiting.
Jer 6:8 “Be instructed, O Yerushalayim, lest My being be torn from you, lest I make you a waste, a land not inhabited.”
Jer 6:9 Thus said יהוה of hosts, “Let them thoroughly glean as a vine the remnant of Yisra’ĕl; pass your hand again over the branches like a grape-gatherer.”
Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning, so that they hear? See, their ear is uncircumcised, and they are unable to listen. See, the word of יהוה is a reproach to them, they do not delight in it.
Jer 6:11 Therefore I am filled with the wrath of יהוה. I have become weary of containing it. “Pour it out on the children outside, and on the company of young men together, for even husband and wife shall be taken, the aged and the very old.
Jer 6:12 “And their houses shall be turned over to others, fields and wives together. For I shall stretch out My hand against the inhabitants of the land,” declares יהוה.
Jer 6:13 “For from the least of them even to the greatest of them, they are all greedy for gain. And from the prophet even to the priest, all act falsely.
Jer 6:14 “And they heal the breach of My people slightly, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace.
Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had done abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed, nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall. They shall stumble at the time I visit them,” said יהוה.
Jer 6:16 Thus said יהוה, “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and find rest for yourselves. But they said, ‘We do not walk in it.’
Jer 6:17 “And I raised up watchmen over you, and said, ‘Listen to the sound of the ram’s horn!’ But they said, ‘We do not listen.’
Jer 6:18 “Therefore hear, you nations, and know, O congregation, what is upon them!
Jer 6:19 “Hear, O earth! See, I am bringing evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not listened to My words, nor My Torah – and they rejected it.
Jer 6:20 “What need have I of frankincense from Sheḇa, and sweet cane from a distant land? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, and your slaughterings have not been sweet to Me.”
Jer 6:21 Therefore thus said יהוה, “See, I am laying stumbling-blocks before this people. And the fathers and the sons together shall stumble on them, the neighbour and his friend shall perish.”
Jer 6:22 Thus said יהוה, “See, a people shall come from the land of the north, and a great nation is stirred up from the farthest parts of the earth,
Jer 6:23 they seize bow and spear, they are cruel and have no compassion, their voice roars like the sea. And they ride on horses, set in array as a man for battle against you, O daughter of Tsiyon.”
Jer 6:24 We have heard the report of it, our hands grow weak. Distress has taken hold of us, pain as of a woman in labour.
Jer 6:25 Do not go out into the field, nor walk by the way. Because of the sword of the enemy, fear is on every side.
Jer 6:26 O daughter of my people, gird on sackcloth, and roll about in ashes! Make mourning as for an only son, most bitter lamentation because suddenly the ravager shall come upon us.
Jer 6:27 “I have made you a trier and a stronghold among My people, so that you know, and shall try their way.
Jer 6:28 “All of them are rebels of rebels, walking as slanderers. They are bronze and iron, all of them are corrupters.
Jer 6:29 “The bellows have burned, the lead has been consumed by fire. The refiner has refined in vain, for those who are evil have not been seperated.
Jer 6:30 “They shall call them rejected silver, because יהוה has rejected them.”

YahuShuan

Red Cardinal, I see your lack of commitment to Yah, and already your mocking of His Words. We'll see who the freak is. Have a fun time, enjoy the weather you get. Don't wait to long to call out to Him in trueness, or the verses you threw away will cause you not to see that He said He would laugh in your face when your dread comes and you call Him early. Don't wait 'til you see it coming because your commitment at that time will be a falsehood, and HE knows it already. It was the Father's Commands that the Messiah said to DO, IF you loved Him. Those are in the Old Testament Mr. Mocker. Christians get awful ticked off because I "DO the FATHER'S DESIRES"...what a crock...isn't that what they pray to DO? What liars to themselves they are huh.

red cardinal

No..."Jesus" means "saviour". The Greeks had MANY saviours.

Interesting. I wonder what your sources are. I have studied Greek mythology to some extent, but they do not refer to any "saviours". I probably should have just quoted the Bible - I think this verse explains it really well:

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

I do not believe there is another religion on earth, either past or present, that claims that their Saviour saved people from their sins. Do you agree?

The Jews had many messiah's too. The True Mesiah would have to have the Father's Name in His own Name, it was prophecied.

I don't think I am familiar with that prophecy. Care to enlighten me? thanks!!!

Yahu'Shua does...the J name does NOT. There was and is only "one Name given among men whereby ALL MEN MUST BE SAVED". If you knew the Son's REAL NAME, you would also know that it's very meaning states "SALVATION IS OF YAH". That NAME sends ALL MEN to YAHUWEH who is THE ROCK AND REDEEMER.

The NT tells us that the Savior's Name is Jesus. It's not like God was hiding it :sheep: I have never seen "Yahu'shua" anywhere in the Bible. Do you have a verse showing it? I would be really interested in that!

But you didn't know that did you. It is the FATHER who is the ROCK! So what "hewn stone" are you praying too? See, in the Old Testament is states clearly that a stone that has been touched by any tools of men, is polutted and can not be used for an alter!!!!!

I am not sure what you are getting at. If one reads the OT, one knows that God is our Rock and that we are hewn from Him in Christ Jesus. I have no clue what you are talking about "that a stone that has been touched by any tools of men, is polutted and can not be used for an alter!!!!!

When you can soak that up I'll continue, but for now, I see your foxiness and will leave you with just enough oil for you to go get some more.

Maybe I have an issue with reading comprehension, but soak up what? :confused: Oil? I don't recall you giving me any petrol :crackup:

Do it before "even what you have will be taken". Fair warning, do not mock me, or you mock HIM. If you are truly seeking truth, I am oh so willing to help, but I pray HE does so, and not me. If you are sincere, then I would be loving the sincerity, and see you as a brother, sister, etc. Forgive me if you are sincere and I come on too strong. And yes, I frequently get told to continue after I thought I should stop, and yes, I do so obey and go back.

First of all, I am not mocking anyone. You are kind of sensitive, huh? Why are you so angry? Why do you think I am mocking the Lord God Almighty??? What do you mean by "be taken". You might try speaking in clear English terms - it would probably help your position a bit, cause I find it all to be rather confusing.:confused:

You said, "And yes, I frequently get told to continue after I thought I should stop, and yes, I do so obey and go back."

If you are hearing voices, the that is probably why you are confused. Are you on medication for this? Not trying to be mean at all. I just want to understand and maybe be of some help to you. I have had a lot of experience with people like yourself :thumb:

YahuShuan

Interesting. I wonder what your sources are. I have studied Greek mythology to some extent, but they do not refer to any "saviours". I probably should have just quoted the Bible - I think this verse explains it really well:

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

I do not believe there is another religion on earth, either past or present, that claims that their Saviour saved people from their sins. Do you agree?

I don't think I am familiar with that prophecy. Care to enlighten me? thanks!!!

The NT tells us that the Savior's Name is Jesus. It's not like God was hiding it :sheep: I have never seen "Yahu'shua" anywhere in the Bible. Do you have a verse showing it? I would be really interested in that!

I am not sure what you are getting at. If one reads the OT, one knows that God is our Rock and that we are hewn from Him in Christ Jesus. I have no clue what you are talking about "that a stone that has been touched by any tools of men, is polutted and can not be used for an alter!!!!!

Maybe I have an issue with reading comprehension, but soak up what? :confused: Oil? I don't recall you giving me any petrol :crackup:

First of all, I am not mocking anyone. You are kind of sensitive, huh? Why are you so angry? Why do you think I am mocking the Lord God Almighty??? What do you mean by "be taken". You might try speaking in clear English terms - it would probably help your position a bit, cause I find it all to be rather confusing.:confused:

You said, "And yes, I frequently get told to continue after I thought I should stop, and yes, I do so obey and go back."

If you are hearing voices, the that is probably why you are confused. Are you on medication for this? Not trying to be mean at all. I just want to understand and maybe be of some help to you. I have had a lot of experience with people like yourself :thumb:

You don't have a Bible with His Name in it, what you have is a book that violates the very Commands contained therein, you see that, but do not understand it. When you read the Ten Commandments in your book, does it give you a NAME? Or a TITLE? You are reading a Greek book about a Jewish Messiah! DUH! And you never questioned that did you? So now you say it is me who has the wierd view? ROTFLOL! No sir, I read from the Book written by HEBREWS about a HEBREW MESSIAH. Makes more sense, wouldn't it. Keep it up in this day which is that day, you are only fulfilling the Scripture from Jeremiah that HE just gave you. And the only voices you hear in your head are your own, and the devil's who is antimessiah and does not want you to understand what you see. And it is being done because you HATE YAH, just like HE said. It is Yahuweh who has "turned them over to worship the host of heaven", and that is what you have done and are doing by worshipping a TITLE, not a NAME, and titles can be attributed to anyone, so can the name Jesus by the way. The "One Name" can not. I reckon it kind of saves you from taking His Name in vane since you don't even have it.

I am being drawn away from you because of your mocking. Do that to another's name. Do it to your own. (Oh...you are)

YahuShuan

Yep, I'm getting angry, time for me to bow out for now. Talking to Scriptural whores wears me out quickly. They do not seek from Yah, they seek to have their own ears tickled with what they think they know, while they see and have no understanding. Time for me to have some refreshing from Yah. What part ofIF you love me keep My Commands" do you people not get? The TORAH is HIS COMMANDS. The TORAH is the FATHER'S Commands. The TORAH is the Word made flesh. What part of "follow Me" do you people not get??? He did it, SO YOU COULD! YOU ARE AFRAID TO TRY! And THAT IS THE "GREAT DECEPTION", caused by LACK OF BELIEF and DENIAL OF THE FATHER AND THE SON!

red cardinal

Let me post Jeremiah chapter six as I see it in "The Scriptures", a Bible sold at cost that folks can't get in the stores...Read it with the BELIEF that the Covenant has not been changed, but has been RE-Newed, Restored, and is to be our tool of reconciliation with Yah, by the Word which is His Son, and also, THESE WORDS...

Jer 6:1 “O children of Binyamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Yerushalayim! Blow the ram’s horn in Teqowa, and set up a signal-fire in Bĕyth Hakkerem, for evil has been seen from the north, and great destruction.
Jer 6:2 “I shall cut off the lovely and delicate one, the daughter of Tsiyon.
Jer 6:3 “The shepherds with their flocks shall come to her, they shall pitch their tents against her all around. They shall pasture, each one in his own place.”
Jer 6:4 “Set apart battle against her. Arise, and let us go up at noon. Woe to us, for the day goes away, for the shadows of the evening are lengthening.
Jer 6:5 “Arise, and let us go by night, and let us destroy her palaces.”
Jer 6:6 For thus said יהוה of hosts, “Cut down her trees, and cast up a siege mound against Yerushalayim. She is the city to be punished, in whose midst there is only oppression.
Jer 6:7 “As a well flows with water, so she flows with her evil. Violence and destruction are heard in her. Before Me continually are suffering and smiting.
Jer 6:8 “Be instructed, O Yerushalayim, lest My being be torn from you, lest I make you a waste, a land not inhabited.”
Jer 6:9 Thus said יהוה of hosts, “Let them thoroughly glean as a vine the remnant of Yisra’ĕl; pass your hand again over the branches like a grape-gatherer.”
Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning, so that they hear? See, their ear is uncircumcised, and they are unable to listen. See, the word of יהוה is a reproach to them, they do not delight in it.
Jer 6:11 Therefore I am filled with the wrath of יהוה. I have become weary of containing it. “Pour it out on the children outside, and on the company of young men together, for even husband and wife shall be taken, the aged and the very old.
Jer 6:12 “And their houses shall be turned over to others, fields and wives together. For I shall stretch out My hand against the inhabitants of the land,” declares יהוה.
Jer 6:13 “For from the least of them even to the greatest of them, they are all greedy for gain. And from the prophet even to the priest, all act falsely.
Jer 6:14 “And they heal the breach of My people slightly, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ when there is no peace.
Jer 6:15 Were they ashamed when they had done abomination? No! They were not at all ashamed, nor did they know how to blush. Therefore they shall fall among those who fall. They shall stumble at the time I visit them,” said יהוה.
Jer 6:16 Thus said יהוה, “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and find rest for yourselves. But they said, ‘We do not walk in it.’
Jer 6:17 “And I raised up watchmen over you, and said, ‘Listen to the sound of the ram’s horn!’ But they said, ‘We do not listen.’
Jer 6:18 “Therefore hear, you nations, and know, O congregation, what is upon them!
Jer 6:19 “Hear, O earth! See, I am bringing evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not listened to My words, nor My Torah – and they rejected it.
Jer 6:20 “What need have I of frankincense from Sheḇa, and sweet cane from a distant land? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, and your slaughterings have not been sweet to Me.”
Jer 6:21 Therefore thus said יהוה, “See, I am laying stumbling-blocks before this people. And the fathers and the sons together shall stumble on them, the neighbour and his friend shall perish.”
Jer 6:22 Thus said יהוה, “See, a people shall come from the land of the north, and a great nation is stirred up from the farthest parts of the earth,
Jer 6:23 they seize bow and spear, they are cruel and have no compassion, their voice roars like the sea. And they ride on horses, set in array as a man for battle against you, O daughter of Tsiyon.”
Jer 6:24 We have heard the report of it, our hands grow weak. Distress has taken hold of us, pain as of a woman in labour.
Jer 6:25 Do not go out into the field, nor walk by the way. Because of the sword of the enemy, fear is on every side.
Jer 6:26 O daughter of my people, gird on sackcloth, and roll about in ashes! Make mourning as for an only son, most bitter lamentation because suddenly the ravager shall come upon us.
Jer 6:27 “I have made you a trier and a stronghold among My people, so that you know, and shall try their way.
Jer 6:28 “All of them are rebels of rebels, walking as slanderers. They are bronze and iron, all of them are corrupters.
Jer 6:29 “The bellows have burned, the lead has been consumed by fire. The refiner has refined in vain, for those who are evil have not been seperated.
Jer 6:30 “They shall call them rejected silver, because יהוה has rejected them.”

A few words changes - and a funny script you have there for where the KJ reads LORD - else it compares to the KJV. I don't see anywhere in the passage about a "renewed covenant? Are you pulling my leg? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.