toldailytopic: What does it take to survive on TOL, and can you predict those who wil

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 25th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: What does it take to survive on TOL, and can you predict those who will?

It is interesting to me, that the founder of this site would refer to keeping members as a matter of "survival."

Is Christianity something believers will "survive?"

Or is it false teachings and beliefs, what Christians must and will "survive?"

Seems to me, Knight admits to an element on TOL that requires "survival."

What might that be?

Nang

OriginalOatmeal

ask questions

Questions can throw you off the cliff of survival. Surviving in certain communities depends partly on blending in. It partly depends on the rules of the land and by the leaders of the place. Sometimes unfair things happen. Sometimes survival is not determined by the individual users but rather by the will of the force.

It is interesting to me, that the founder of this site would refer to keeping members as a matter of "survival." Is Christianity something believers will "survive?" Seems to me, Knight admits to an element on TOL that requires "survival." What might that be? Nang

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What does it take to survive on TOL, and can you predict those who will?

The understanding that we were created with the free will to choose and that I am not responsible for another person's choices. I am responsible to present the truth, as I understand it, in the clearest way that I can. What other people do with it, is their business.
When I observe folks getting all bent out of shape because of another's position, then to the degree that this affects them and causes them to lash out in anger, I sometimes think, "Well, this one won't last long".

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Personally, I don't mind someone disagreeing strongly and vociferously with me. I respect that. Some of the people I respect and like the most here are entirely opposed to some of the ideas I hold.

Dena

A very strong desire to procrastinate on all the things you should be doing with your time.

Or maybe that's just.

:plain:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
surviving on TOL should not be anyone's goal
instead one should figure out how to use it
this is not easy
present your message
if
you have one
challenge what you don't agree with
ask questions
it drives them crazy

I have always dug your technique Chrys

jeremysdemo

as in any environment only the fittest survive,

Oh wait but Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth....

Oh well, dealing with contradictions seems to be part of life.

if your brain doesn't short circuit from circular reasoning you will survive. :)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
A willingness to overlook a great many things: insults, childish behavior, foolishness, wickedness and perversion; for instance. Though if it does go too far and break the rules then you should report it.

I find it funny that you list insults and childish behavior among the things that have to be overlooked on TOL. Apparently one has to overlook you in order to survive on TOL. :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
1. Being able to take timeout. If you feel agitated, go into a read only mode for a little while and enjoy the social aspects of the site while cooling off.

2. Finding some friends on the site that have somewhat similar views and interests as yourself.

3. Realize that TOL is a privately owned website, they are not obligated to cater to your sense of justice when it comes to forum rulings.

I've seen many good answers to this and I think the above is a good list. :up: One must also keep pride out of the way. And I'll second the question asking that I saw chrys mention. Ask more questions; make less accusations.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I find it funny that you list insults and childish behavior among the things that have to be overlooked on TOL. Apparently one has to overlook you in order to survive on TOL. :eek:
It was a commentary on those who refuse to engage simply because they were insulted.

And I was also saying they should overlook Traditio and resurrected/Some Other Dude/koban.

jeremysdemo

yeah refusing to engage people with poor arguments is a real flaw around here...lol

being entertaining is some peoples best attribute :)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Ps82

For me ... it has been the passion for writing about scripture. Lately personal time has been an issue.

And, oh, learning how to pick your threads wisely. I try to stay away from the passionate political threads... though occasionally I forget.

Last edited: