toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

oatmeal

I will not hijack this thread to prove to you again that Jesus is God. I only needed to make certain that everyone who knows Jesus is God is aware that you do not, so that they will not heed anything you say.

I have not bore false witness. You admit that you do not believe that Jesus is God. :kookoo:

The scriptures not only teach that Jesus is God, but also tell believers not to fellowship with wolves like you who only come to a site like this to steal, kill, and destroy.

Knight has chosen to let the wolves in the door. It's my job to hunt them down and take them out :Grizzly:.

Another false accusation by you.

I have no interest in hijacking this thread.

I said my say, and you butt in.

Since you chose to bear false witness about me in this thread, I am going to speak the truth about what I believe in thread.

You should have kept your vile mouth out of this subject.

The resurrection came by a man, the man Christ Jesus, not by God.

I Corinthians 15:21

How did it come by man? The man Christ Jesus did the Father's will, not his own.

The resurrection is proof of the power of God when people believe what is written for us to believe.

oatmeal

Ps82

The resurrection of our Lord after the cross signifies that our God is wise, willing, and able.

It signifies that God has fulfilled the promise of man's salvation in Christ ... and that we can look to what he did to see THE WAY we as his children are going to follow him into his kingdom.

God, as our suffering savior, revealed truth to us, became the WAY for us to follow, and provided eternal life for us.

Isaiah 43:11 (God became his own Son to Arise, judge, and inherit the nations.)

I (the ONE invisible spiritual God Almighty), even I, am the LORD (the God who was able to appear unto Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses); beside ME (As the invisible God and the visible LORD) there is no savior.

Psalm 82:7
Arise, O God, judge the earth: for YOU shalt inherit all nations.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Since you chose to bear false witness about me in this thread, I am going to speak the truth about what I believe in thread.
I have not bore false witness against you. You're confused.

Fact: Jesus is God
Fact: You claim Jesus is not God
Fact: You are a false teacher

This site is owned and run by Knight. He is free to let false teachers on his site. However, I'm certain that Knight has no problem with false teachers being exposed. No Christian would ever support a false teacher who attempts to deceive others.

Nothing you say about Jesus is to be taken seriously, because the Jesus you believe in is as phony as you are.

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Oatmeal...

Psa. 43:5 Why are you in despair, my soul?
Why are you disturbed within me?
Hope in God!
For I shall still praise him:
My Savior, my helper, and my God.

Is. 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be on his shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Is. 25:9 It shall be said in that day, Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is Yahweh; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Is. 43:11 I, even I, am Yahweh; and besides me there is no savior.

Hos. 13:4 ¶ “Yet I am Yahweh your God from the land of Egypt;
And you will know no god but me,
And besides me there is no savior.

Luke 2:11 For there is born to you, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I tell you, before Abraham came into existence, I AM.”

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

John 14:9 ¶ Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you such a long time, and do you not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. How do you say, ‘Show us the Father?’

John 20:28 ¶ Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!

Col. 1:13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the Kingdom of the Son of his love;
Col. 1:14 in whom we have our redemption,and the forgiveness of our sins;
Col. 1:15 who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
Col. 1:16 For by Him were all things created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through Him, and for Him.
Col. 1:17 He is before all things, and in Him all things are held together.
Col. 1:18 He is the head of the body, the assembly, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence.
Col. 1:19 For all the fullness was pleased to dwell in Him;
Col. 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Col. 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,

I could do this all day there are so many...I know, I know, thats not what they taught you down at the Kingdom Hall. God is your Savior in the man Jesus Christ. You do not deny His humanity but, deny His deity? Doesn't match up with the Word.

Last edited:

oatmeal

I have not bore false witness against you. You're confused.

Fact: Jesus is God
Fact: You claim Jesus is not God
Fact: You are a false teacher

This site is owned and run by Knight. He is free to let false teachers on his site. However, I'm certain that Knight has no problem with false teachers being exposed. No Christian would ever support a false teacher who attempts to deceive others.

Nothing you say about Jesus is to be taken seriously, because the Jesus you believe in is as phony as you are.

Thank you for expressing your opinion.

The resurrection came by man, not God, as I Corinthians 15:21 teaches.

It came by a man who believed God's promises.

Ephesians 1:19-20 make it clear that when we believe we have the power of the resurrection available to us.

Not only that, but the same power that ascended Jesus Christ to the right hand of God

That is one significance of the resurrection.

oatmeal

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That is what scriptures teach.

Only if you deny the entire Word, don't pick and choose pet scriptures and your JW doctrine goes down in flames, as it should.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Ps82

Arguments!
Well, at least I'm glad that no one has argued with my post.
Praise the Lord it is Easter. Can hardly wait for the worship service.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for expressing your opinion.
I didn't. I gave you God's truth. You reject it. Too bad for you.

The resurrection came by man, not God, as I Corinthians 15:21 teaches.
God became a Man. So the verse speaks clearly to that point. You misunderstand it, or are intentionally perverting the verse. Either way, you are wrong.

The verse is simply saying that because of Adam all men are dead. In the same way, because of Jesus men shall be resurrected.

Ephesians 1:19-20 make it clear that when we believe we have the power of the resurrection available to us.
We do not raise ourselves from the dead. It is because of what Jesus did that we can be raised from the dead by God.

Because you have a false Jesus, you cannot understand what you read, and it is why you pervert the truth.

heir

TOL Subscriber

toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

that the sin/sins issue was settled!

The Lord Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification!

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day. It is the gospel of Christ! And it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth for therein is the righteousness of God revealed. (Romans 1:16-17 KJV)

Believe on (not just in) the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 4:25
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

1 Corinthians 15:16-17
For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.
:up:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul lays it out quite nicely (despite the "objections" of godrulz) in Romans 6.

3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

oatmeal

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Did Jesus Christ's opposition actually destroy the temple?

He laid down his life, Jesus Christ gave up his life. They did not take it from him.

They did not force him to be arrested and tortured and crucified, he allowed it to happen.

Jesus Christ believed God's calling. He took the steps.

He did the Father's will, not his own. Including believing that God would raise him from the dead. Acts 2:27

God would raise up Jesus and Jesus believed it. Thus he said so.

Believers are saved and are going to heaven because God says so.

I have saved myself from the wrath to come.

How can I save myself? Peter said to save ourselves. Acts 2:40

"And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

How do I save myself? By believing God's word and receiving the gift of salvation/eternal life. I do not earn eternal life/salvation but I must believe to receive it.

God does not force eternal life on me. I had to believe/do Romans 10:9-10

Therefore, I can accurately say, I saved myself, by believing God' promise in Romans 10:9-10, and have saved myself from the wrath to come. Romans 5:9

People who do not understand believing, Mark 11:23-24, Mark 9:23-24, will read into John 2:19, things that are not there.

Thus deceiving themselves and others.

Summing up, the resurrection is significant in that Jesus Christ set the example of trusting and lovingly obeying God to the death, even the death of the cross and was rewarded richly for it.

Philippians 2:5-12

So we are taught to work out/energize our obedience to the end of living our salvation, not letting it rest dormant, but we activate/energize it.

We rise up to newness of life by our humble and loving obedience to the Father.

oatmeal

Only if you deny the entire Word, don't pick and choose pet scriptures and your JW doctrine goes down in flames, as it should.

See my post 38

So are you going to hijack this thread and turn it into a believer bashing thread?

The man Christ Jesus, I Timothy 2:5 did the Father's will even unto death and God raised him up.

Jesus Christ declared his believing in the promise of God, that God would raise him up.

Without believing, you cannot receive.

Mark 11:23 Jesus taught you must say it, believe it, not doubt and God will bring it to pass.

That is exactly what Jesus Christ did in John 2:19

He declared his believing that God would raise him.

(Peter, with John, did the same thing in Acts 3:6)

Read John 2:19-22

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

Note that it does not say, "When therefore he had raised himself from the dead"

God promise to him was that he would be resurrected.

Jesus Christ believed it and declared it.

Just like Mark 11:23 says we, including Jesus Christ, must do to receive the promise of God.

When you quit reading your trinitarian errors into scripture, you will be able to learn much much more and believe much much more and therefore receive much much more than you ever thought possible.

Ephesians 3:20

oatmeal