toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

oatmeal

I didn't. I gave you God's truth. You reject it. Too bad for you.

God became a Man. So the verse speaks clearly to that point. You misunderstand it, or are intentionally perverting the verse. Either way, you are wrong.

The verse is simply saying that because of Adam all men are dead. In the same way, because of Jesus men shall be resurrected.

We do not raise ourselves from the dead. It is because of what Jesus did that we can be raised from the dead by God.

Because you have a false Jesus, you cannot understand what you read, and it is why you pervert the truth.

Have you not read I Corinthians 15:21?

Why do you gloss over the clear meaning of the words in it?

The resurrection is significant because it clearly teaches what men can bring to pass when they believe God, like the man Christ Jesus did and does.

We are to do the same works as Jesus Christ and greater, John 14:12

I can do the works of Jesus Christ and greater works than Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ said so and I believe him.

Including saying, "Destroy me and I will be gathered together with Christ" as described in I Thessalonians 4:13-18

I will go to heaven with Jesus Christ.

oatmeal

oatmeal

toldailytopic: What does the resurrection of Christ signify?

that the sin/sins issue was settled!

The Lord Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification!

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day. It is the gospel of Christ! And it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth for therein is the righteousness of God revealed. (Romans 1:16-17 KJV)

Believe on (not just in) the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!

Good post

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Have you not read I Corinthians 15:21?
Not only have a read it, but I taught you what it says. YOU chose to ignore what it says and pervert the text, because you are a pervert. It's what YOU do.

The resurrection is significant because it clearly teaches what men can bring to pass when they believe God, like the man Christ Jesus did and does.
False. Men can do nothing of themselves. God raised Himself from the dead, as the Bible says, and you deny. You are not God or a God. You are a hell-bound insignificant little turd.

We are to do the same works as Jesus Christ and greater, John 14:12
No, "we" are not. Again, you pervert the Bible to your own destruction. Jesus is speaking specifically to His disciples/apostles who were going to perform signs and wonders to testify that He is the Christ. YOU know NOTHING about the Bible, the Gospel, or the Jesus of the Bible.
I can do the works of Jesus Christ and greater works than Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ said so and I believe him.
You're deceived. You cannot do diddly, nor have you ever done anything that Jesus did. You are a liar and a fraud, just like Benny Hinn.

I will go to heaven with Jesus Christ.
You will go to hell with your father, the devil.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Good post
Your attempts to butter people up on this site will fail. heir, and every other believer, knows that you deny the Jesus of the Bible for one of your own imagination.

Anyone who supports you, denies the Jesus of the Bible.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 15:12-22
Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise upif in fact the dead do not rise. For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable. But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

:thumb:

Ps82

What does "Easter" mean?

Easter? What is it?

I've heard about all the historical revelation that it is really a perversion of a Jewish holiday by its being blended with pagan celebrations, but for me personally Easter has always represented the resurrection day of my Lord and Savior.

I admit that I hunted Easter Eggs as a kid. It was when I realized that I would probably never be any good in a sport competition.

But when I went to church and worshiped I knew that Easter was all about the LORD for my family and church. At the same time the world coming to life in the spring seemed to sing out that God is able to renew. Even when as a child I didn't understand what Son of Jack expressed about how God is now working and renewing the world ... I was able to just "feel it in my soul."

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That is exactly what Jesus Christ did in John 2:19

He declared his believing that God would raise him.

(Peter, with John, did the same thing in Acts 3:6)

Read John 2:19-22

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21But he spake of the temple of his body.

22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

Note that it does not say, "When therefore he had raised himself from the dead"

Read it indeed!

John 2:19 ¶ Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

His words His declaration...

John 2:20 ¶ The Jews therefore said, “Forty-six years was this temple in building, and will you raise it up in three days?”
John 2:21 But he spoke of the temple of his body.
John 2:22 When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he said this, and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

This does not prove your case this is just stating the fact He rose from the dead. Read the rest of the verse.

John 2:22 When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he said this, and they believed the Scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

And what did Jesus say? Back to that declaration again...

John 2:19 ¶ Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Your belief is a failure on your part it is not as if it is not staring you in the face. The desciples knew who Jesus was and declared it in Acts, again you fail to read and understand His deity...

Col. 2:8 Be careful that you don’t let anyone rob you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the elements of the world, and not after Christ.
Col. 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,

Go back to the Kingdom Hall and get a new one...:nono:

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Did Jesus Christ's opposition actually destroy the temple?

He laid down his life, Jesus Christ gave up his life. They did not take it from him.

They did not force him to be arrested and tortured and crucified, he allowed it to happen.

Jesus Christ believed God's calling. He took the steps.

He did the Father's will, not his own. Including believing that God would raise him from the dead. Acts 2:27

God would raise up Jesus and Jesus believed it. Thus he said so.

Believers are saved and are going to heaven because God says so.

I have saved myself from the wrath to come.

How can I save myself? Peter said to save ourselves. Acts 2:40

"And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."

How do I save myself? By believing God's word and receiving the gift of salvation/eternal life. I do not earn eternal life/salvation but I must believe to receive it.

God does not force eternal life on me. I had to believe/do Romans 10:9-10

Therefore, I can accurately say, I saved myself, by believing God' promise in Romans 10:9-10, and have saved myself from the wrath to come. Romans 5:9

People who do not understand believing, Mark 11:23-24, Mark 9:23-24, will read into John 2:19, things that are not there.

Thus deceiving themselves and others.

Summing up, the resurrection is significant in that Jesus Christ set the example of trusting and lovingly obeying God to the death, even the death of the cross and was rewarded richly for it.

Philippians 2:5-12

So we are taught to work out/energize our obedience to the end of living our salvation, not letting it rest dormant, but we activate/energize it.

We rise up to newness of life by our humble and loving obedience to the Father.
John 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

John 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

John 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

oatmeal

Not only have a read it, but I taught you what it says. YOU chose to ignore what it says and pervert the text, because you are a pervert. It's what YOU do.

False. Men can do nothing of themselves. God raised Himself from the dead, as the Bible says, and you deny. You are not God or a God. You are a hell-bound insignificant little turd.

No, "we" are not. Again, you pervert the Bible to your own destruction. Jesus is speaking specifically to His disciples/apostles who were going to perform signs and wonders to testify that He is the Christ. YOU know NOTHING about the Bible, the Gospel, or the Jesus of the Bible.
You're deceived. You cannot do diddly, nor have you ever done anything that Jesus did. You are a liar and a fraud, just like Benny Hinn.

You will go to hell with your father, the devil.

Thanks for your opinions.

You are very talented and practiced in bearing false witness.

oatmeal

oatmeal

Your attempts to butter people up on this site will fail. heir, and every other believer, knows that you deny the Jesus of the Bible for one of your own imagination.

Anyone who supports you, denies the Jesus of the Bible.

Thanks again for your opinions.

oatmeal

Read it indeed!

His words His declaration...

John 2:20 ¶ The Jews therefore said, “Forty-six years was this temple in building, and will you raise it up in three days?”
John 2:21 But he spoke of the temple of his body.

This does not prove your case this is just stating the fact He rose from the dead. Read the rest of the verse.

And what did Jesus say? Back to that declaration again...

Your belief is a failure on your part it is not as if it is not staring you in the face. The desciples knew who Jesus was and declared it in Acts, again you fail to read and understand His deity...

Col. 2:8 Be careful that you don’t let anyone rob you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the elements of the world, and not after Christ.
Col. 2:9 For in Him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,

Go back to the Kingdom Hall and get a new one...:nono:

Well if you wish to believe that, you have free will.

he was raised from the dead,

One of the significant attributes of the resurrection is that it came by man, even as death came by man.

Adam, the man,disobeyed God and brought death.

The second Adam, the man Jesus Christ, obeyed God and brought the resurrection.

I Corinthians 15:21

Jesus obeyed God. First by the written word, secondly by revelation from God.

oatmeal

oatmeal

John 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

John 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

John 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

John 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

And your point is?

oatmeal

You said, "Did Jesus Christ's opposition actually destroy the temple?"

Jesus wasn't talking about the destruction of the temple.

As you know, he was not talking about the building, but his body, the temple in which God dwelt. Even as today, we, as believers are the temple of God as the body of Christ.

Jesus Christ permitted his enemies to arrest, torture and crucify him.

It was God's, Jesus Christ's and the believer's enemies that did the actual destroying of the temple of Jesus Christ's body.

Jesus Christ, in loving obedience permitted so that mankind could be redeemed.

Even so, it was not Jesus Christ that actually raised himself. If he did not believe that God would raise him from the dead, God could not have raised him. To receive anything from God, we must believe, that includes Jesus Christ as well.

Mark 11:23

Likewise, "all things are possible to them the believe"

That includes Jesus Christ.

He did the Father's will, not his own.

The reason that Christians today are so weak and spiritually emaciated is that they want to do their own will, not the Father's.

It is only when we decide to do the Father's will, that we will begin to see the power God as a living reality in our lives.

oatmeal

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As you know, he was not talking about the building, but his body, the temple in which God dwelt. Even as today, we, as believers are the temple of God as the body of Christ.

Jesus Christ permitted his enemies to arrest, torture and crucify him.

It was God's, Jesus Christ's and the believer's enemies that did the actual destroying of the temple of Jesus Christ's body.

Jesus Christ, in loving obedience permitted so that mankind could be redeemed.

Even so, it was not Jesus Christ that actually raised himself. If he did not believe that God would raise him from the dead, God could not have raised him. To receive anything from God, we must believe, that includes Jesus Christ as well.

Mark 11:23

Likewise, "all things are possible to them the believe"

That includes Jesus Christ.

He did the Father's will, not his own.

The reason that Christians today are so weak and spiritually emaciated is that they want to do their own will, not the Father's.

It is only when we decide to do the Father's will, that we will begin to see the power God as a living reality in our lives.

oatmeal
I believe Jesus did the will of the Father and that God raised Jesus from the dead. Why did Jesus say that He would raise His own body from the dead?

oatmeal

I believe Jesus did the will of the Father and that God raised Jesus from the dead. Why did Jesus say that He would raise His own body from the dead?

Read my posts especially 38

I say, " I am going to heaven"

and I am for I do have eternal life/salvation, does that imply that I am going under my own power?

It could if you read it that way.

If I wrote, "I am going to the store" that would imply that I am going under my own power.

Or would it?

Am I the gasoline the powers my car?

Am I the car that will get me there?

Am I the roads that I will travel on?

Am I the earth that I live on and the store is built on?

Am I the God that created the heavens and earth that I live in and on?

From that point of view, I am going because I decided to. I did not even provide me for me to go to the store.

As a human I am nonexistent if it was not for God.

Yet, I can claim, "I am going to the store"

I am declaring my believing that depends on God to accomplish.

That is how believing works.

See Mark 11:23

Doesn't anyone here understand believing?

You find the promise of God, you say it, you believe it and God brings it to pass.

See Mark 11:23

As I stated, one reason the resurrection is important is because it demonstrates God's power when we believe.

I Corinthians 15:21

Death came by man

the resurrection came by man.

oatmeal

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
oatmeal,

"Save yourself" can mean different things depending on what is being said by it. What is in scripture. And what are our doctrines of salvation.

oatmeal

1 Corinthians 15:21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.

Do you know what that verse means?

It means exactly what it says.

"by a man came the resurrection of the dead"

You know what it doesn't say.

It does not say, "by God came the resurrection of the dead"

God's word is that simple and straightforward.

So how is it that the resurrection came by a man?

oatmeal