toldailytopic: What is your family routine on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 15th, 2009 10:01 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
We go to church about half the time. Other than that it's a lay about and do what you like day.

I'm here on the 'puter right now and hubby's in the other room boob-tubing. We might do something together and we might not. By this evening we'll cuddle up over something or other.

Weekends are our days off, as hubby works weekdays (sometimes overtime or double shifts). So naturally I tend to work weekdays too just to have something to do. It's booooring around here during the day without hubby. Even on the weekends we tend to do "stuff" on Saturday. We rpg Saturday noonish, then typically go out for something or other Saturday evening.

Therefore Sunday becomes our official do-nothing day. No plans, no going out and any work that can possibly wait until Monday will promptly do so. There's leftovers in the fridge (cleverly arranged for by me on Friday) if anyone gets hungry. Clothes will pile up for tomorrow and chores will wait. I don't even do dishes unless they intentionally offend me as I walk through there.

Today's lazy day. Not exactly a overt recognition of the Sabbath but about as close as we get to such around here. :chuckle:

elohiym

We take our "rest day" on Saturdays, so it's work for me and house chores and schooling for the children on Sundays. Sometimes we kick back or do something fun on Sundays, too, depending on how we feel or what we've planned.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My mother goes to church. My son (if off work) sleeps in until football comes on, and my daughter works at the animal shelter.

As for me, I let the pets out to take care of the *morning rituals*, make my coffee and then sit down with my three chihuahuas on my lap and drink my first cup of coffee while watching "Moving Up" and then whatever needs done for the remainder of the day.

Chalmer Wren

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Its different every Sunday. Usually I have to study or grade papers, but Sunday can lead to just about anything for us.

bybee

Before my husband's illness our Sunday's began with Coffee together, then clean up, get ready for church. We arrived at nine for choir practice for me and Adult Forum for my husband. Ten o'clock worship service. Then coffee time again and chance to mingle with old friends and new. When I was on Altar service I enjoyed divesting the Altar and cleaning the vessels. Often we would enjoy brunch out at a local restaurant or hurry home to prepare for family dinner. I love Sunday! It is a day to remember how much God loves us. And it is a day to show how much we love our God, our family and our neighbors. We worship at home now but our church has "Lay Eucharistic Visitors" who bring communion once a month. Our family and friends continue to show us so much love and affection. I am filled with gratitude. peace, bybee

Son of Jack

For us, the day begins as most days, with a cup of coffee for me and breakfast for the family. After that everyone dresses well and we head off to church, which is where we spend the majority of our morning.

We alternate between eating out with Christian brothers and sisters and eating a family dinner at home. After that, everyone tries to catch a nap, and we watch a little football.

After a small dinner, we head back to church for evening worship, prayer, and fellowship.

Upon returning home, the kids are put to bed, and the Mrs. and I watch a show we enjoy and finish off the evening with some football.

Personally, I try to do some devotional reading in the afternoons.

Sundays are my favorite days of the week.:)

Adoration

Get up around 7:30. Leave for mass at 10:30. Chinese buffet after mass.

Family time after mass, ie. going hiking at the lake, to a park, etc.

Almost forgot. TV and/or TOL posting after the kids are down for bed.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
When I was growing up, sundays were either spent at the beach, working on cars or at a car show.

Now my sundays start with me getting off work some time after 7am, when ever my relief decides to show up. Then I take the bus home, after that and until I go to bed it varies. I'm either cooking/eating something, playing a pc game, painting Warhammer 40K miniatures, making noise with my violin, drum machine, and analogue modular synth, spending some time with my girlfriend or all or any combination of the above. After I wake up in the evening it's more of the same though I usually try to at the least cook a decent meal before taking my 5 mile hike to the bus terminal to go to work.

It's just like any other workday save for the buses running less often and not as late. The rest of the week I just take one bus to the terminal and another to work.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Home church Bible reading, study, prayer.
Late breakfast.
Afternoon movie.
R&R

That's the usual. This past Sunday, I had to proctor an exam in American History.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No specific routine. I'd love for "Get up and go to church" to be a Sunday routine but the churches around here would be more of a help to Christians if they just shut down. When that has been part of the routine, we usually end up frustrated and or discouraged for a lot of the day. So First Church of the Internet is about the best we can get.

My 3 oldest go to different churches then usually come back here with friends to watch the games.

Football and cooking for my family and a ton of their friends is the closest thing to a routine around here on Sundays. It's a pretty laid back kind of day. I enjoy it.

branch

Chinese buffet after mass.

I need to start this up for my Sunday routine ;)

For our Sunday, my wife and I wake up, right now I go to play practice before church for a play the church is putting on around Christmas time, and then we go to church and come home to watch the Texans :).

When I was growing up, we always would go to Luby's after church. I will always associate Luby's with Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.