toldailytopic: What steps should government take to help prevent terror attacks such

Christian Liberty

Stop creating them?

Stop pursuing a foreign policy that angers people and makes them want to kill us?

#2 is definitely a solution. I strongly suspect Uncle Sam might have done this one as well. I wouldn't put it past him.

oatmeal

So the answer to terrorism causing two deaths in the last decade is to put another 100 million guns into civilian hands and lock down the country?

Terrorists 1, US citizens wanting to live in peace and freedom 0

You have had plenty of terrorist attacks in the UK.

What ever you are doing there is not working.

You eliminated private gun ownership, so you leave all law abiding citizens defenseless against the criminals and power hungry politicians, (same thing) who illegally or as elitists are allowed to own guns.

Those who dare defend themselves against criminals are treated as if they were the perpetrators.

You have no sense of justice in the UK.

Since what you have done does not work, I see no value in what you have to offer.

oatmeal

oatmeal

There is only one answer and in America it could only be implemented state by state in a fell swoop...disarm the people and instate martial law...if America doesn't go that way it must INEVITABLY disintergrate back to the lawless west, it is pretty darn close to that in some places. There are no go areas.

You have to take it to the logical conclusion and consider what the scenario will be if the dollar collapses and money becomes worthless....it is what is going to happen. Man...I do tremble because America is our big brother.

You are referring to the British terrorism that the American Revolutionaries fought against.

The British terrorism of the 1700's was overcome by love for God, American courage and the private ownership of guns

You lost to a bunch of rebels who loved God.

oatmeal

Christian Liberty

@Oatmeal- Gun ownership isn't our country's problem, in fact, it helps to mitigate the problem. An idiotic, sociopathic foreign policy is our country's foreign policy.

gcthomas

You have had plenty of terrorist attacks in the UK.

What ever you are doing there is not working.

You eliminated private gun ownership, so you leave all law abiding citizens defenseless against the criminals and power hungry politicians, (same thing) who illegally or as elitists are allowed to own guns.

Northern Ireland allowed the carrying of concealed handguns throughout the terrorism there. Didn't work. Bombers stay hidden, as do their bombs. No one to shoot.
Those who dare defend themselves against criminals are treated as if they were the perpetrators.

You have no sense of justice in the UK.

Huh?

Since what you have done does not work, I see no value in what you have to offer.

We don't shut down cities on the say so of terrorists. Seems to protect our way of live better, I'd suggest.

oatmeal[/QUOTE]

You are referring to the British terrorism that the American Revolutionaries fought against.

So it wasn't a war of independence then? Taxation without representation etc?

The British terrorism of the 1700's was overcome by love for God, American courage and the private ownership of guns

The French, Spanish and Netherlands supplied weapons, ammunition and supplies helped a bit, though. Privately held weapons were not the main source of firepower.

You lost to a bunch of rebels who loved God.

With the help of the French who joined in with their navy to even up the sides, and the Spanish and Dutch who threatened to invade Britain and opened up another front, stretching resources hugely with battles around Europe.

Clem

Support difference from a place of love, instead of attacking difference
whenever that difference provokes in us fears.
And stop clinging on to Earthly things and seeing enemies without,
instead of first tackling the enemies within.
And find God. Really find God, in support of all that I've just said.
What cannot be done without God, can be done within the cloak of His love and wisdom !!