toldailytopic: What's the one material thing you couldn't live without?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Right at this moment? My bottle of Extra Strength Excedrin!

Seriously though, I don't really know (other than those things necessary to survive physically). My computer is definitely a window on the world. I would feel pretty isolated without it.

Thunder's Muse

*My 11 yr old had a slumber party last night and I've only had about 3 hrs sleep, so I apologise in advance if the following post makes absolutely no sense.

If we are talking about only material things, I don't think there is anything that I couldn't live without. Life would suck greatly but I could survive. That being said, I do love my books, music, computer and moble phone :D

zoo22

Hard to say. I'm skipping the "air, water, food, etc..."

I'd be pressed not having a way to to play music. Music is very important to me.

But if I had to choose one object to live with/walk around with, I might choose a camera. I could go on about why, but won't.

If I had to choose one thing I have that does/would help me get by in the world, I would choose my iPhone or a laptop. Reasons seem obvious. These are the most important objects in my day-to-day life.

If I had to choose one sentimental object, I would probably choose a book that my father gave me (a book that was his as a child). Possibly a photograph that he took for me. Or possibly an old press photograph of my grandfather that I really like/matters to me. But I think the book.

I'm thankful that I probably won't ever have to make the "one-object" decision, but I like thinking about it.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My Bible. :poly:

I agree. And of those I have, to pick one would be the first edition Cambridge Revised Version, 1881-1885, it was something that my late brother got for me years ago.​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My land. It's a safe harbor, a generational truth and the only thing a Southern boy loves like his family.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I agree. And of those I have, to pick one would be the first edition Cambridge Revised Version, 1881-1885, it was something that my late brother got for me years ago.​
I would probably go with one of my newer Bibles, like my waterproof Bible. I really like the quality of the paper. It's not that glorified tissue paper most scripture is printed on. I wish they made them in NKJV, but I like the KJV and NIV too.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame

Oh em gee. I think I just fell in love with your kids.

Are those all yours?! Dude, make more! You're really good at it.

toldailytopic: What's the one material thing you couldn't live without?

Honestly can't think of anything I couldn't live without. I can probably list about a hundred things I'd fight for, if that's close enough.

My top three: coffee, internet, writing material.

Status
Not open for further replies.