toldailytopic: Wild Wednesday. What are some of the wildest things you have ever done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitro

1) Hitch-hiked from Athens to London with only $100 in my pocket.

Wow that was quite a feat :D
fr1801.png

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
As a professional classical musician, the wildest thing I've ever done
was to audition for top symphony orchestras, such as the New York Philharmonic,the L.A.Philharmonic, the New jersey symphony and Washington national symphony among others.
This is just about the most nerve-racking experience you could ever have. Each musician has to face the dreaded audition committee , which is a group of musicians from the orchestra who evaluate each applicant and decide if you will be advanced to the final auditions, where the winner is chosen.
There is a screen in front of you so the committee cannot discriminate on the basis of race or gender etc, and each applicant has a number so they won't know who you are at all.
After a number of players have auditioned, they announce who will be in the finals. Most do not make it, and maybe four out of 200 applicants will make it to those finals
In the finals, the orchestra's music director, or chief conductor,joins the audition committee to listen to the finalists play, and you get to play much longer than in the preliminary round, and they will ask you to repeat passages etc.
Then some lucky musician is chosen. It's a tough,tough experience which you are have a very slim chance of winning in.
It's not for the faint-heated.

ragTagblues

Awww if only. . . .

I would really love to share; but I am pretty sure it would end up in me being banned from ToL and it is just not worth the risk. . . .

. . . . Sadly I have quite a reckless personality, so taking stroll through the corridors of my mind and finding the key to my memories can be pretty risky and wild. . . .

The Berean

A realistic perspective is so beyond comprehension when your that high up. You can't really gauge your height because every frame of reference is so far away. Once you're in the air its actually a pretty calming, I dare say spiritual, experience. Jumping is the hard part. When you lean out that door your brain has a sort of hiccup. Leaning out of the door of an airplane is so ridiculous that your brain just doesn't accept the reality being presented to it. Your brain, suspecting some kind of error, takes 3 or 4 seconds to reset itself. This is when you have to take yourself by surprise and jump, because once your brain reboots and realizes your actually about to try to beat the plane to the ground, it freaks out, decides your a moron, and activates shriveling coward mode.

I highly recommend it. Conquering that innate fear, existing briefly in a world absolutely hostile to the human condition, and feeling so totally at the mercy of nature yields a sort of inner peace and stimulates the 'oneness' with the universe feeling that mankind always seems so fascinated with.

Hey,this guy probably felt how you did! :chuckle:

Crazy!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I had a vice for driving at very high speeds, drove a 65 Corvette so fast the if one was going 70 mph, I would fly past, as if, the car was parked along side the road! True, and more crazy than wild. Then I flew the Cuda and ended up in a fully body cast and it was then, I had a transfusion and may have contracted hepatitis C. It was the most ridiculous thing I ever done, including doing like SOZO, dived very high into a reservoir. Then I was a good diver, but no one is good enough driver to fly across windy Texas roads @ 160 mph!

Here is what the car looked like before it was a pretzel.
:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.