toldailytopic: You are asked by a friend: How do I get to heaven? What answer will yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axman

I would explain to him that in his present condition that he is lost and without hope a sinner condemned to hell. If he understood that I would know that God was working in His heart. I would then explain that there is no work or ritual or spoken words that could save him. I would tell him that faith through the shed blood of christ is his only hope, that it was Christ that paid the price for his sins and that if he believes it he will receive eternal life. I would then instruct him to seek this truth through a personal relationship (pray) with Him.

torrent85

Have and give Love, Faith, and Hope in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Work in Faith
Labor in Love
Keep Hope as your anchor for your soul.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would explain to him that in his present condition that he is lost and without hope a sinner condemned to hell. If he understood that I would know that God was working in His heart. I would then explain that there is no work or ritual or spoken words that could save him. I would tell him that faith through the shed blood of christ is his only hope, that it was Christ that paid the price for his sins and that if he believes it he will receive eternal life. I would then instruct him to seek this truth through a personal relationship (pray) with Him.
That's very good.

I hope that folks that ask the question, run into folks like you with the right answer.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
If you have less than a second and are not French (and God is not French), say 'Je...' (short for Jesus, not 'I' in French). If you do not have someone named Jay standing by you, just say 'J'.

GuySmiley

There is good news and bad news.

The bad news is, that nobody is good enough to go to heaven. Heaven requires perfection, not just kinda good. You and I will never be good enough. Even our best intentions are rooted in selfishness somewhere down the line.

But there is good news! God became a man, and paid the debt, which was death, for our sin! He rose from the dead, and now He offers his life to anyone who will accept it. With His life you get His righteousness, do you know what righteousness means? (expain here if they dont) Now God does not look at you with your actions to judge, which are less than perfect. He sees you as being just as righteous as Jesus. There is nothing to judge. Accept Jesus and you will go to heaven.

torrent85

Had that been me (before I was a Christian) I would have responded....Specifically... what does that mean?
Again, what does that mean?
What if I don't?
And the ice is broke.

Work for God obey what he commands and know what is evil he hates. Labor knowing that everything in God God loves. Hope that salvation is at the end. Be in Hope or be confident in eternal salvation.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
And the ice is broke.

Work for God obey what he commands and know what is evil he hates. Labor knowing that everything in God God loves. Hope that salvation is at the end. Be in Hope or be confident in eternal salvation.

I don't think this would save me nor would it make a good gospel tract.

How about believe in Calvin/TULIP?:down:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Work for God
How does one "work for God"? Do I need to fill out an online application? Will I need to turn in a W-9??

What if He isn't hiring?

What if B57 is right and He doesn't want to hire me?

I'm scared and confused. You make God sound like a scary boss.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is good news and bad news.

The bad news is, that nobody is good enough to go to heaven. Heaven requires perfection, not just kinda good. You and I will never be good enough. Even our best intentions are rooted in selfishness somewhere down the line.

But there is good news! God became a man, and paid the debt, which was death, for our sin! He rose from the dead, and now He offers his life to anyone who will accept it. With His life you get His righteousness, do you know what righteousness means? (expain here if they dont) Now God does not look at you with your actions to judge, which are less than perfect. He sees you as being just as righteous as Jesus. There is nothing to judge. Accept Jesus and you will go to heaven.
I think that's marvelous! :up:

heir

TOL Subscriber
short answer:

Believe that Christ died for your sins and that He was buried and that He rose again on the third day according to the scriptures. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

It (the gospel of Christ) is the power of God unto salvation. Romans 1:16 KJV

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Ephesians 1:13 KJV

Welcome to the Body of Christ :banana:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
short answer:

Believe that Christ died for your sins and that He was buried and that He rose again on the third day according to the scriptures. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

It (the gospel of Christ) is the power of God unto salvation. Romans 1:16 KJV

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Ephesians 1:13 KJV

Welcome to the Body of Christ :banana:
Clean, concise and to the point. Very nice. :up:

torrent85

How does one "work for God"? Do I need to fill out an online application? Will I need to turn in a W-9??

What if He isn't hiring?

What if B57 is right and He doesn't want to hire me?

I'm scared and confused. You make God sound like a scary boss.
LOL. Fear in the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Proverbs 1:7
If you know that your soul is in need God will provide. God will provide, Love in his Call, Faith in knowledge, Hope because Christ is his Son and Loves him, and Christ is the Good Shepherd and none of what the Father has given him will be lost.

God does not Love those that have no faith or hope. He will not give knowledge to those he does not love, and will not give salvation to those that have no faith or love.

God knows the things of the heart and if you give faith love and hope then you are one of his and will see heaven.

If that is to hard I guess I need to work on it alittle.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There must be a beginning and that would be asking the question. I would say you need to seek, read he Bible, find a church, ask questions, if you seem not to find answers which match your ideas about what scripture says, join a Bible study group, one might change denominations, The main thing is to seek.

Seeking should lead to faith and that faith should grow; one should become more firm in ones belief, to the point of absolute faith. This faith is man could never be like the Father; therefore, Jesus became man to live amongst us and to pay for our sins by going to the cross for us. Jesus is salvation.

At this point, one receives Grace; this is the Holy Spirit dwelling within us. We now have salvation and naturally live according to God's plan for us. God has a different plan for all of us, this is the works part, and after salvation, we live our lives freely according to God.

Gurucam

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 22nd, 2010 11:20 AM

toldailytopic: You are asked by a friend: How do I get to heaven? What answer will you give?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Starting from scratch:

Seek to have a second birth, i.e become 'born of spirit', i.e. be awakened to your spirit, i.e. become 'born again', i.e. loose that 'vail' over your heart, stop being 'dead within'.

Then you will be given to know Truth and you will know Truth from the Spirit of Jesus Christ from within your now unveiled heart or spirit. Then your simple and unconditionally obedience to Truth as discerned in this manner would save and deliver you.

One must be 'born again' (born of spirit) to be saved and delivered into God's kingdom of heaven. This is the starting point. Only then could one know Jesus. He, like God, His Father, can be known only in Spirit through our spirit. God is a spirit and so is Jesus, now that He has returned to His Father.

And one can come onto God and His heaven only through Jesus Christ, i.e. only through His Spirit which is the part of Him which is from God, His Father.

The idea then, is to awaken to your heart. For things of God can be discerned only through your heart or spirit. So the first thing that you must do is to drop that 'vail' which is covering your heart, i.e. become 'born again' become 'born of spirit'.

Your starting point for this: drop all your past conditioning, drop all intellectualizing, drop your thinking and simply trust your heart, i.e. trust your intuitions. You will stumble and fall on your way however you will eventually leave creeping behind and walk upright, firm and strong.

That is you will awaken to and fully actualize your second level higher faculties, intuitions. That is the ones of your spirit or heart or inward man. Intuitions will give you direct and personalized communion with God through the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Then you will also intuitively discern precisely what the Spirit of Jesus Christ has in mind for you from within your own heart and when you obey same unconditionally you will be saved and delivered.

The Spirit of Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit and what the Holy Spirit has in mind for you is always in accordance with the will of God. So through this approach you would be doing the will of God. And indeed those who do the will of God are saved and delivered into God's kingdom of heaven. Also one who is led by the Holy Spirit are children of God, they are saved and delivered.

And my friend, I must confirm to you that, this is the only path to salvation and deliverance.

Last edited:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: You are asked by a friend: How do I get to heaven?
What answer will you give?

Sometimes I'm known for complicating matters, and this is probably to complicated, but here goes . . . And this would be my explanation . . .

By showing the seeker (?) what the New Testament says about, and let the seeker (?) read it for themselves. About the question mark, I have learned that not all are seekers, some are just asking out of curiosity, others are wanting argue, and some are pretenders, yet I can hope that the Holy Spirit will draw the seeker to that absolute truth that Jesus is who He said He is.

That it is by the way of the Cross.

Explaining the substitutionary death of Jesus upon the cross for our sins, and showing that we may know that what Jesus did for us is the greatest event since creation. I believe there is no great act of love.

Then show the New Testament map for salvation and the way to heaven.
  • Because - John 3:16
  • Jesus said -John 6:44
  • Jesus affirmed - John 14:6
  • There is no one righteous - Romans 3:10
  • That all have sinned - Romans 3:23
  • Since Adam all are guilty - Romans 5:12
  • With sin there is death, and with Jesus there is life - Romans 6:23
  • God showed His love to through Jesus - Romans 5:8
  • That if you will . . . - Romans 10:9-13 (Read especially Romans 10:10)
  • Then there is no condemnation . . . - Romans 8:1

godrulz

Hall of Fame
There must be a beginning and that would be asking the question. I would say you need to seek, read he Bible, find a church, ask questions, if you seem not to find answers which match your ideas about what scripture says, join a Bible study group, one might change denominations, The main thing is to seek.

You are on a bus and only have one minute, no time to get indoctrinated at church over a period of time.

One can be saved in an instant, then discipleship/growth follows.

Status
Not open for further replies.