toldailytopic: You are asked by a friend: How do I get to heaven? What answer will yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would walk them through a few verses from Romans:

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 8:1; 10:9; 10:13

AMR

andyc

toldailytopic: You are asked by a friend: How do I get to heaven?
What answer will you give?

Sometimes I'm known for complicating matters, and this is probably to complicated, but here goes . . . And this would be my explanation . . .

By showing the seeker (?) what the New Testament says about, and let the seeker (?) read it for themselves. About the question mark, I have learned that not all are seekers, some are just asking out of curiosity, others are wanting argue, and some are pretenders, yet I can hope that the Holy Spirit will draw the seeker to that absolute truth that Jesus is who He said He is.

That it is by the way of the Cross.

Explaining the substitutionary death of Jesus upon the cross for our sins, and showing that we may know that what Jesus did for us is the greatest event since creation. I believe there is no great act of love.

Then show the New Testament map for salvation and the way to heaven.
  • Because - John 3:16
  • Jesus said -John 6:44
  • Jesus affirmed - John 14:6
  • There is no one righteous - Romans 3:10
  • That all have sinned - Romans 3:23
  • Since Adam all are guilty - Romans 5:12
  • With sin there is death, and with Jesus there is life - Romans 6:23
  • God showed His love to through Jesus - Romans 5:8
  • That if you will . . . - Romans 10:9-13 (Read especially Romans 10:10)
  • Then there is no condemnation . . . - Romans 8:1

Amen psalmist!

Although its surprising to some churches today, sin is actually an issue, and the word repentance is actually found in the bible.

bybee

Good choices

Good choices

AMR

Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." All of your quotes are comfortable words but Romans 10:13 can be as a life-jacket to one floundering in a sea of troubles. peace, bybee

andyc

How does one "work for God"? Do I need to fill out an online application? Will I need to turn in a W-9??

What if He isn't hiring?

What if B57 is right and He doesn't want to hire me?

I'm scared and confused. You make God sound like a scary boss.

We do not work for God, we work with God. He does through us what we cannot do in ourselves (Phil 4:13). Without us, he can do nothing (Rom 10:14), and without him, we can do nothing (John 15:5).

Gurucam

toldailytopic: You are asked by a friend: How do I get to heaven?
What answer will you give?

Sometimes I'm known for complicating matters, and this is probably to complicated, but here goes . . . And this would be my explanation . . .

By showing the seeker (?) what the New Testament says about, and let the seeker (?) read it for themselves. About the question mark, I have learned that not all are seekers, some are just asking out of curiosity, others are wanting argue, and some are pretenders, yet I can hope that the Holy Spirit will draw the seeker to that absolute truth that Jesus is who He said He is.

That it is by the way of the Cross.

Explaining the substitutionary death of Jesus upon the cross for our sins, and showing that we may know that what Jesus did for us is the greatest event since creation. I believe there is no great act of love.

Then show the New Testament map for salvation and the way to heaven.
  • Because - John 3:16
  • Jesus said -John 6:44
  • Jesus affirmed - John 14:6
  • There is no one righteous - Romans 3:10
  • That all have sinned - Romans 3:23
  • Since Adam all are guilty - Romans 5:12
  • With sin there is death, and with Jesus there is life - Romans 6:23
  • God showed His love to through Jesus - Romans 5:8
  • That if you will . . . - Romans 10:9-13 (Read especially Romans 10:10)
  • Then there is no condemnation . . . - Romans 8:1

You choose some revelation what about the rest.

What about:

One must be born again to enter God's kingdom of heaven.

One must be given to know Truth, only then can one discern the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven. And when one discerns these mysteries does one just do nothing? Does one sell all one has and give it to the poor? So that one can trust tomorrow totally to God?

One must do the will of God to be saved and delivered.

A child of God is led by the Holy Spirit.

Search your heart to know the mind of the Holy Spirit which is always in accordance with the will of God.

Is it that we need not worry about these? Is it these were mentioned simply for nonsense value?

Is the N.T. simply a buffet, you take what you like and leave the rest?

How and why did you choose those and not these?

How can Jesus be the Truth, the way and the light if we cannot commune with His Spirit. God is a Spirit, isn't Jesus, His son also a Spirit, since He physically left earth and went back to His Father?

If Jesus Father, God, is a Spirit, then, Jesus the man must have come from Spirit and when He went back to God, His Father, Jesus ceased to be a man and became Spirit again, like God, His Father.

And what about the Spirit of Truth which Jesus promised, will reveal much more than He revealed in person. How does this work? Or is this revelation from Jesus, to be ignored? Think that Jesus, as Spirit will do this, continue his revelations?

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Starting from scratch:

Seek to have a second birth, i.e become 'born of spirit', i.e. be awakened to your spirit, i.e. become 'born again', i.e. loose that 'vail' over your heart, stop being 'dead within'.

Then you will be given to know Truth and you will know Truth from the Spirit of Jesus Christ from within your now unveiled heart or spirit. Then your simple and unconditionally obedience to Truth as discerned in this manner would save and deliver you.

One must be 'born again' (born of spirit) to be saved and delivered into God's kingdom of heaven. This is the starting point. Only then could one know Jesus. He, like God, His Father, can be known only in Spirit through our spirit. God is a spirit and so is Jesus, now that He has returned to His Father.

And one can come onto God and His heaven only through Jesus Christ, i.e. only through His Spirit which is the part of Him which is from God, His Father.

The idea then, is to awaken to your heart. For things of God can be discerned only through your heart or spirit. So the first thing that you must do is to drop that 'vail' which is covering your heart, i.e. become 'born again' become 'born of spirit'.

Your starting point for this: drop all your past conditioning, drop all intellectualizing, drop your thinking and simply trust your heart, i.e. trust your intuitions. You will stumble and fall on your way however you will eventually leave creeping behind and walk upright, firm and strong.

That is you will awaken to and fully actualize your second level higher faculties, intuitions. That is the ones of your spirit or heart or inward man. Intuitions will give you direct and personalized communion with God through the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Then you will also intuitively discern precisely what the Spirit of Jesus Christ has in mind for you from within your own heart and when you obey same unconditionally you will be saved and delivered.

The Spirit of Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit and what the Holy Spirit has in mind for you is always in accordance with the will of God. So through this approach you would be doing the will of God. And indeed those who do the will of God are saved and delivered into God's kingdom of heaven. Also one who is led by the Holy Spirit are children of God, they are saved and delivered.

And my friend, I must confirm to you that, this is the only path to salvation and deliverance.
I must say.... I have no idea what you just said.

I want to know how to get to heaven and I can't seem to understand your answer.

No offense... but can you try to say it in a way that is more clear?

Son of Jack

And the man responds...

I have already read those verses. I have read the Bible 3 times! Could you please just tell me what I must do to get to heaven?

I could be wrong....but, I'm sure that AMR and others would add a bit of commentary along with the verses. I know very few, if any, people who would give someone a few verses from the Bible and tell them to figure it out.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

AMR

It would do no good if they are not the elite elect? In non-Calvinism, God freely offers life to everyone since His mercy is great and His provision perfect. Those who are condemned remain condemned if they refuse to come to Him because they love darkness more (Jn. 1). Jesus is willing (2 Peter 3:9; I Tim. 2:4; Matthew 23:37), but man if too often not willing (Lk. 7:30; Matthew 23:37).

Jn. 3:16 world is not elite elect, but the normative Johannine use of unregenerate man.

andyc

Psalmist is MAD.

Jesus is not God
  • That's what some say, I believe He is the visible image of the invisible God, besides if Jesus is not then who is He
Paul preached a different gospel
  • Some say that too, Paul preached Christ and Him crucified, and maybe in a different style to those he sent to, so his hearers would understand the simple truths of the gospel.
Christians don’t sin
  • Maybe it's, shouldn't sin
Only the elect are saved
  • Politicians, right?
Faith alone saves you
  • The Bible does say, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
That you are saved
  • Yes if a person follows Romans 10:9-13
There will be a third temple
  • Solomon's Temple
  • Herod's Temple
  • ? ? ? ? ? Temple, the building of new temple when Jesus returns a second time
His Kingdom on earth
  • I believe it will He will when He comes back a second time, so I must be a heretic
We have no free will
  • Interesting since we are read, choose you this day . . . That sounds like free will
Peter in not the rock
  • Right, Peter was a man; the foundational truth that Jesus spoke of, it was revealed to Peter by the Father that Jesus was the Christ the Son of the living God, Jesus said Peter was correct and that He, Jesus, would building His Church, and the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

How could he be MAD if he thinks that, Paul preaching a different gospel, is heresy?

andyc

I could be wrong....but, I'm sure that AMR and others would add a bit of commentary along with the verses. I know very few, if any, people who would give someone a few verses from the Bible and tell them to figure it out.

He said he'd walk them through it.

Romans 3:23; - The problem

6:23 - The consequences

8:1; 10:9; 10:13 - The remedy

5foldminister

Romans 10:9-10

Romans 10:9-10

If thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.:jazz:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And the man responds...

I have already read those verses. I have read the Bible 3 times! Could you please just tell me what I must do to get to heaven?

You are correct, SoJ! I did say I would "walk them through" the verses, versus simply quoting them. ;)

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.