toldailytopic: You are asked by a friend: How do I get to heaven? What answer will yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

>>>Who was to be hated? who was Christ sent to in the flesh? was the pre cross teaching about 1Cor 15:1-4? so your one of the twelve tribes as well? my my proof text indeed.

Please decode your cypher. Thanks.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think the answer, in one form or another, is the same at the root: by faith...then the only question, the only real question worth asking is--in what and of what kind?
One should have faith in God because of what has happened in Christ at the cross. He gave His life for us...

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, {the} just for {the} unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Shalom,

Jacob

Wolf

>>>One should have faith in God because of what has happened in Christ at the cross. He gave His life for us...

So do many soldiers, firefighters, etc...

>>>1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, {the} just for {the} unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

This traditional translation makes no sense. First of all, "spirit" is a bogus term. It should read "breath." As a dative related to passive verbs, and given the context, it should read "put to death by flesh [humans] but made alive by the breath." The "breath" in this verse is "the breath of life":

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul [person].

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit [breath] that quickeneth [makes things go faster! LOL]; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit [breath], and they are life.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit [breath] of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit [breath] is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Eze 37:5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

But Jesus was not made alive again until the third day.

1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Mat 16:21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

Note that Jesus did not actively resurrect himself. He was deader than a doornail. It was God who raised him by his life-giving breath - the same breath that gave life to Adam - the breath of life.

But back to the question of the role of faith...

* God counts faith as righteousness - this is old news. See all the people who were justified by faith in Heb 11;

* In order to have faith, one needs a gospel:

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The gospel is the resurrection of Jesus from among the dead (on the third day) - see above.

So if you believe that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. God counts your faith as if it were righteousness.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't know how to respond. You bring up many things I was not considering. I know Jesus has died for me, the unjust, that He would bring me to God.

Wolf

Suffering injustice

Suffering injustice

I don't know how to respond. You bring up many things I was not considering. I know Jesus has died for me, the unjust, that He would bring me to God.

If you note the context, it is about the anointed one's **example** of responding to **injustice**. This is not "salvic" but rather "drawing":

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

This would be akin to:

Php 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

1Co 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Justification is on the basis of faith. For some reason, this simple concept is abhorrent to modern Trinitarians who want everything to center around Jesus and his death. True justification centers around God, and his having raised the man Jesus from among the dead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you note the context, it is about the anointed one's **example** of responding to **injustice**. This is not "salvic" but rather "drawing":

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
1Pe 3:16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
1Pe 3:17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

This would be akin to:

Php 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

1Co 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Justification is on the basis of faith. For some reason, this simple concept is abhorrent to modern Trinitarians who want everything to center around Jesus and his death. True justification centers around God, and his having raised the man Jesus from among the dead.
I just saw that 1 Peter 3:18 says died in one translation and suffered in another. The greek words are different too.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Wolf

>>>I just saw that 1 Peter 3:18 says died in one translation and suffered in another. The greek words are different too.

Interesting.

>>>1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

What is the "message of the cross?" In what way is it "God's power?"

I would point out that the Corinthians were given to feeling self-important over cleverness, and really kewl preaching, but not much for suffering unjustly. Yet what draws one to God? Is it great rhetoric? Or Christ-like example?

Still, it was by their faith they stand or fall:

1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1Co 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1Co 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
1Co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
1Co 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom. I am a Jew. I do not know how to answer this question. I accept the entire Bible. The TaNaKh, and Matthew through Revelation. Shalom.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.