toldailytopic: You are on a Pulpit Committee. What are two questions you will ask the

eameece

1) Do you believe the Bible to be the inerrant Word of God?

2) Who do you believe Jesus Christ is?

These two questions would narrow the field...

If he says no to #1 (except as metaphysically interpreted), and says to #2, Jesus was God-- same as you and me; then that's a good start.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Some of these questions I did ask, as a matter of fact; to no avail.... ministers are a pretty sad lot....

Will you let the congregation run the church? Will you interfere in what they are doing?

Will you be respectful and not rudely order people around?

Will you encourage people to be creative, or just insist that they feed out of your mouth like some sort of egomaniac cult leader?

what would a 'church' like yours need a pastor for if they want to run things their own ways without any interference?

What is a pastor for in your mind?

eameece

what would a 'church' like yours need a pastor for if they want to run things their own ways without any interference?

What is a pastor for in your mind?
A pastor is for ministering, counseling, making sermons; not for bossing people around and stifling creativity.

eameece

When you write "boss", what are you trying to convey?

What does a "boss" do that you don't want a minister to do?

Tell the members what they can do in the church, like organize the other events that happen. I would rather have a minister than a manager. Most ministers I have known (if not all) try to do both.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
logistically? you bet

you'd run the risk of having the boy scouts holding their pancake dinner fundraiser at the same time the junior choir was having its awards ceremony

somebody has to be in charge - a church is in many ways a business