Trump 2007, W. Bush to blame for Iraq and Hillary is "brilliant" and "a friend"

Jose Fly

Trump 2007, W. Bush to blame for Iraq and Hillary is "brilliant" and "a friend"

From an interview Trump had with Wolf Blitzer in 2007....

BLITZER: The war is hovering over politics right now, as it should -- this is the dominant issue, at least right now, of our time. Give us your assessment. Is there a way out?

TRUMP: The war is a total disaster. It's a catastrophe, nothing less. It is such a shame that this took place. In fact, I gained a lot of respect for our current president's father by the fact that he had the sense not to go into Iraq. He won the war and then said, Let's not go the rest of the way. And he turned out to be right. And Saddam Hussein, whether they liked him or didn't like him, he hated terrorists. He'd shoot and kill terrorists. When terrorists came into his country, which he did control and he did dominate, he would kill terrorists. Now it's a breeding ground for terrorists. So, look, the war is a total catastrophe.

BLITZER: Who do you blame?

TRUMP: And they have a civil war going over there.

BLITZER: Who do you blame?

TRUMP: Well, there's only one person you can blame, and that's our current president. I mean, obviously Rumsfeld was a disaster, and other people that are giving him advice have been a disaster.

So W. Bush was to blame for the disaster in Iraq. Ok, so what did 2007 Trump think we should do?

BLITZER: How does the United States get out of this situation? Is there a way out?

TRUMP: You know how they get out? They get out. That's how they get out. Declare victory and leave. Because I'll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down. They're in a civil war over there, Wolf. There's nothing that we're going to be able to do with a civil war.

We should get out? Huh.....that's exactly what Obama did. :think:

And what about Hillary?

BLITZER: Thank you very much. Let's talk politics. All right? A lot of people thinking about politics right now. I'm going to mention some names: give me your thoughts right away. Hillary Clinton.

TRUMP: Very talented, very smart. She's a friend of mine, so I'm a little bit prejudiced. She's a very, very capable person and I think she'll probably be the nominee. We'll see, but I think she'll probably be the nominee.

BLITZER: Is she ready to be commander-in-chief?

TRUMP: I think she is. I think she's a very, very brilliant person, and as a senator in New York, she has done a great job. Everybody loves her. She just won an election with a tremendous majority and she really -- she's become very, very popular in New York. And it wasn't easy.

Amazing.

Other tidbits include that Trump thought Senator Obama had "done an amazing job", John Kerry was a friend, W. Bush "is probably the worst president in the history of the US", and the Iraq-WMD argument by the W. Bush administration was a "total lie".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From an interview Trump had with Wolf Blitzer in 2007....

So W. Bush was to blame for the disaster in Iraq. Ok, so what did 2007 Trump think we should do?

We should get out? Huh.....that's exactly what Obama did. :think:

And what about Hillary?

Amazing.

Other tidbits include that Trump thought Senator Obama had "done an amazing job", John Kerry was a friend, W. Bush "is probably the worst president in the history of the US", and the Iraq-WMD argument by the W. Bush administration was a "total lie".

So ... was he lying then or is he lying now? Wait ... I know. His words are being taken out of context. :plain:

Jose Fly

It's weird, isn't it? Hard core conservatives are supporting a candidate who believes the W. Bush administration is the worst in history, believes they lied about Iraq, and refers to Hillary Clinton as brilliant and a good friend.

It's bizarro world! :kookoo:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Seriously ... it's like the quote feature. An exact quote of what was said. His words are being understood as he he intended. He isn't complex, but severely unbalanced.
That's just Trump telling the truth, I think he used the right words

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's weird, isn't it? Hard core conservatives are supporting a candidate who believes the W. Bush administration is the worst in history, believes they lied about Iraq, and refers to Hillary Clinton as brilliant and a good friend.

people change views Fly Boy, have you remained the same all your life?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Bush was giving weapons to terrorists to fight battles he didn't want to get involved with. Bin Laden was a trained CIA tactician.

It was a disaster waiting to happen.

Call it what you will :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Surely you're not stating that Libertarian Patrick jane and others like ok doser and Grosnick Marowbe are "hard core conservatives" are you Mr. Fly?

They're Libertarians who love Donald Trump for his liberal social values, but like most Libertarians think that Trump will allow them to keep a few dollars in their pocket as opposed to Hillary.

Granted, there are hardcore conservatives outside of TOL who support Trump. The question is: How can they call themselves conservative when they're supporting a liberal like Trump?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

there are hardcore conservatives outside of TOL who support Trump. The question is: How can they call themselves conservative when they're supporting a liberal like Trump?

Obviously you aren't aware of Donald Trump's "New York values" when it comes to guns.

From 2000 (before he decided to become a republican for a day) :

"It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. After a tragedy like the massacre at Columbine High School, anyone could feel that it is too easy for Americans to get their hands on weapons. But nobody has a good solution. This is another issue where you see the extremes of the two existing major parties. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I also support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within seventy-two hours if a potential gun owner has a record."
http://downtrend.com/71superb/donald-trump-is-not-just-a-clown-hes-a-liberal-anti-gun-clown

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's pretty weak.

It's admitted he could be a shill.

Regardless, Clinton is a known anti-Second Amendment quantity. In this case, I'll take the devil I don't know.

Yet another Christian? who has admitted that he'll vote for someone evil.

Those who don't follow politics really should not try to get involved in it during an election time.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yet another Christian? who has admitted that he'll vote for someone evil.
I've admitted that I will not vote for someone evil, where evil is defined as wanting to repeal the Second Amendment RKBA. That's Clinton.
Those who don't follow politics really should not try to get involved in it during an election time.
You mean, by involved, determining for whom to vote?

Zeke

Trump a glorified amway salesmen fools the right wing birds/john doe public citizen/strawman into voting for him, they fall for this stuff every election cycle and "nothing ever changes for the better for them"