Trump's Executive order: How do Pro-Life Christians defend rejecting Refugees?

Alate_One

So Trump has revealed the unmitigated evil of his presidency (guessing primarily Steve Bannon's advice). Starting with the unconstitutional interpretation of Trump's executive order (against green card holders) which was announced on Holocaust remembrance day as well as not mentioning Jews in the official statement of remembrance.

Hundreds of Jews prior to WWII were rejected as refugees, and were then returned to Germany to die in the death camps, because of the fear of immigrants that were "different". We are now seeing history repeating itself.

Today there are refugees from many parts of the world attempting to find safety in the USA.

Let's remember, NONE of the countries on Trump's restricted list have been a source of a terrorist on US soil.

And Terrorism aside, the Bible gives us a moral imperative to aid the stranger, and even our enemies.

Don’t mistreat or oppress an immigrant, because you were once immigrants in the land of Egypt.
- Exodus 22:21 (CEB)

44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who harass you 45 so that you will be acting as children of your Father who is in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both the evil and the good and sends rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous. - Matthew 25:44-45

Given this, and the fact that many of these people may die when sent back to their home country. Are Christians that support this not rejecting Christ? How can one be "pro-life" and discard the lives of refugees?

For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

How can we not expect judgement for actions like this?

"As I live," declares the Lord GOD, "Sodom, your sister and her daughters have not done as you and your daughters have done. 49"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Given this, and the fact that many of these people may die when sent back to their home country. Are Christians that support this not rejecting Christ?

nope

ala teoni said:
How can one be "pro-life" and discard the lives of refugees?

give me a specific group of refugees that the US is sending back to their deaths and we'll look at it

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There has been no prospect in letting in Muslim immigrants for anyone, including their selves. The only thing that's come of it is trouble.
They don't have to come into our countries to be safe or to otherwise carry on with their lives.

Let it sink in well that the only reason liberals want it is because they do not like Christians. Liberals will always support ANYTHING that treads on Christians.

'Liberal Christians' simply are not Christians, they just think they are- no Christian could sit there and support everything that the Bible speaks against and call it 'love'. That's functional atheism on a stick :rolleyes:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps "ok doser" would care to enlighten us as to the meaning of Christ's "Parable of the Good Samaritan," given his willingness to exclude those without a US citizenship as his "neighbor!"

ok doser

Perhaps "ok doser" would care to enlighten us as to the meaning of Christ's "Parable of the Good Samaritan," given his willingness to exclude those without a US citizenship as his "neighbor!"

gee, that's a tough one :think:

oh wait - it's a strawman

good try though! :thumb:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
There has been no prospect in letting in Muslim immigrants for anyone, including their selves. They don't have to come into our countries to be safe or to otherwise carry on with their lives.

Let it sink in well that the only reason liberals want it is because they are anti-Christian.
Let us be reminded that the Jew and the Samaritan in Christ's "Parable of the Good Samaritan" had opposing religious beliefs.

By definition, our earthly "neighbor" as presented in the parable, is not limited to someone who must possesses the same religious beliefs that we we do.

When we go to the assistance of one who is less fortunate than ourselves, irrespective of their race, color, nationality or religious affiliations, we become Christ's "Good Samaritan!"

ok doser

ok doser

...who is less fortunate than ourselves ...

most of the people in the world are less fortunate than us, by the measure people like you usually use

how can you justify not personally sponsoring as many refugees as your funds would allow?

Alate_One

There has been no prospect in letting in Muslim immigrants for anyone, including their selves. They don't have to come into our countries to be safe or to otherwise carry on with their lives.
Yes. They do. Have you ever met a Muslim refugee? ANY Muslim? or are you speaking in generalities based on what fox news told you?

Let it sink in well that the only reason liberals want it is because they do not like Christians. Liberals will always support ANYTHING that treads on Christians.
You sir, have a warped mentality.

'Liberal Christians' simply are not Christians, they just think they are- no Christian could sit there and support everything that the Bible speaks against and call it 'love'. That's functional atheism on a stick :rolleyes:
Uhh no. YOU, sir, are no Christian based on your statements. You call evil good and good evil. You're a racist and Islamophobe. I gave you my testimony and you ignored it. You don't want to save souls, you're only interested in other white, right wing 'christians'. They're the only "real people" to you. If you did want to save people of all nations and creeds as the Bible teaches you'd WANT these people to come to to USA where they have the freedom to convert and ready access to the gospel.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Wow. Seriously? How many of those "conversions" would be legitimate? What is this the Spanish inquisition? :dizzy:

Maybe a bit tougher. Enough to have it become their idea to go elsewhere. Maybe Russia? There is lots of space in Russia, me thinks it's a good idea.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

-Abortion
-Divorce
-Feminism
-Homosexuality
-Transsexuals

Because you are a liberal, I know that you support all of the above. It doesn't matter what the Bible states, because you are a liberal before you are a Christian.

The same old argument with all of you is simply repeated on this thread- trying to justify everything by 'love'.
And that is not Christianity, that's just irresponsible nonsense.
So,
You should just stick to your trade and stay away from the pulpit :wave2:

Alate_One

And so Crucible tries to change the subject when he's under any kind of conviction for supporting something evil (which he does regularly). You should remove the cross from your avatar, it's a disgrace. I will continue to preach to you and others as long as you claim to be Christians and openly support evil actions.

-Abortion
No.
Should human beings be able to divorce yes, is it a good idea in most cases, no. I would not advocate for anyone to divorce unless abuse was involved. But we're not a theocracy.
-Feminism
Feminism is about treating human beings equally. I know you're a sexist but Jesus was not. Humans are humans and have the same basic rights.
-Homosexuality
-Transsexuals
Not "pro" either of these, but we live in a pluralistic society and so these should be permitted.

I must have missed all of Paul's letters excoriating Roman society (which makes ours look puritanical) and advocating the overthrow of the Roman emperor and the installation of a Christian theocracy. Nero was emperor at the time and married two men, one of which was likely a child slave he had castrated. Not to mention the acceptance of homosexuality (often non-consensual), slavery, prostitution and mass murder in the arena.

Because you are a liberal, I know that you support all of the above. It doesn't matter what the Bible states, because you are a liberal before you are a Christian.
It does matter what the Bible states when it directly contradicts what you are saying. You're saying the messenger somehow is distorting scripture when quoted in context? That's a new one. I think it's more, ignore the scriptures you don't like.

The same old argument with all of you is simply repeated on this thread- trying to justify everything by 'love'.
And that is not Christianity, that's just irresponsible nonsense.
No, that's called Christianity. You might want to learn about it.

Matthew 5

“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41 Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

Right wingers like you are not disciples of Christ. Your gods are Ayn Rand, Trump and the Republican party.