truster does not believe that God answers prayers and that all things are possible

Word based mystic

Truster Does not believe that God answers prayers.
He also does not believe that all things are possible for those who believe.

I told a testimony on a different thread and he calls me a liar.

Anybody have any idea why Truster does not trust?

or why he is more inclined to believe that Satan is the only one to be doing miraculous things?

musterion

Don't know, but I would like to add something if you don't mind.

MADs are often accused of believing there is NO direct dealing by God in the lives of believers today. It is true that there are a few MADs who teach this, but I've found that they are in the minority.

What all MADs do agree on (as far as I'm aware) is that God has withdrawn the miraculous gifts that were intended to verify the apostolic preaching of Christ to Israel, as seen all the way up to the end of the book of Acts.

This does not mean, however, that God does not or cannot act directly in the lives of believers today. I personally believe He certainly can and certainly does, if and when HE chooses to do so. But no one today has any promise or guarantee to claim from His Word for this, beyond resting in and on His solemn promise that all things will work together for the ultimate good of those He has adopted in His Son.

Whatever Truster's issue is, I've never been able to figure out and have never felt compelled to try.

PS

Yes, Satan is fully capable of counterfeiting - to a point - everything God has done in the past...lying signs and wonders they're called (2 Thess 2:9), and it explains what is seen in Christendom (note I do not say "in Christianity.")

Word based mystic

Don't know, but I would like to add something if you don't mind.

MADs are often accused of believing there is NO direct dealing by God in the lives of believers today. It is true that there are a few MADs who teach this, but I've found that they are in the minority.

What all MADs do agree on (as far as I'm aware) is that God has withdrawn the miraculous gifts that were intended to verify the apostolic preaching of Christ to Israel, as seen all the way up to the end of the book of Acts.

This does not mean, however, that God does not or cannot act directly in the lives of believers today. I personally believe He certainly can and certainly does, if and when HE chooses to do so. But no one today has any promise or guarantee to claim from His Word for this, beyond resting in and on His solemn promise that all things will work together for the ultimate good of those He has adopted in His Son.

Whatever Truster's issue is, I've never been able to figure out and have never felt compelled to try.

PS

Yes, Satan is fully capable of counterfeiting - to a point - everything God has done in the past...lying signs and wonders they're called (2 Thess 2:9), and it explains a lot of what is seen in Christendom (note I do not say "in Christianity.")

Nice summary
I appreciate the time to explain about MAD. Whether the gifts are still in play or not is (kind) of irrelevant. If one has a gift it would be evident in their life in that dimension. And if they were elders and gifted they would not be seeking attention.

I have had many answered prayers. and it seems the more i pray for people or Gods will the more my prayers get answered.

But I would definitely not assume to have an apostolic gift.

Thanks for the clarification it helps when seeing discussions of MAD

Truster

Truster Does not believe that God answers prayers.
He also does not believe that all things are possible for those who believe.

I told a testimony on a different thread and he calls me a liar.

Anybody have any idea why Truster does not trust?

or why he is more inclined to believe that Satan is the only one to be doing miraculous things?

I correct you.

I know that the Eternal Almighty does not even hear the prayers of the wicked, unregenerate, publicity seekers that pretend to have supernatural gifts. You happen to fall into this category and that is your problem, not mine.

If you consider your praying ability to be so powerful why didn't you spend the time you invested in this post praying for my spiritual healing?

Unlike you I know for a certain fact what will now occur in your life. That by your boastful and stupid posturing you put yourself and those around in danger. May the Eternal Almighty who reads the thoughts of man and the intents behind them as if they are spoken words judge as He see's fit.

PS I have heard the ''all things are possible..ff'' verse used and twisted by so many people over the years. It is usually used as a baton to bash the wise over the head when they deny the abilities of lying individuals.

Last edited: