Tucson cafe closes indefinately after backlash from pro-Trump FB post

Foxfire

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In the Smith-Warren statement, the pair admitted they “never ever fathomed this would create such negative and hateful responses, including threats to burn down our building with us inside.”

:sigh:

I wonder what prompted them to make a political post in the first place. A risky move.

Foxfire

:sigh:

I wonder what prompted them to make a political post in the first place. A risky move.

Free speech isn't always without it's consequences I suppose.

I would think that they should be more aware of their customer base. :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Free speech isn't always without it's consequences I suppose.

I would think that they should be more aware of their customer base. :think:

Indeed ... not to mention they got it wrong. From the article:

It’s hate feedback and it’s for one reason only and it’s that we showed our support for Donald Trump,” he said Saturday morning. “There was nothing that we put in the post that was absolutely wrong and terrible in that we supported our president and our troops.”

When they signed on to making the statement that they support Donald Trump, they left off the part that their customer base was intelligent enough to read: "We support all the hatred, bigotry, chaos and harm towards our fellow citizens that Trump has been tweeting about and trying to legislate into law".

For Trumps, it has never been about "the troops".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That's probably because you don't understand them. Or because you're a Trump supporter, assuming that's different. Or at least, using your approach, you appear to be a Trump supporter. Who knows, right?
I understand polls and most are accurate, it's the Trump polls that lack credibility.

Foxfire

[/I]When they signed on to making the statement that they support Donald Trump, they left off the part that their customer base was intelligent enough to read: "We support all the hatred, bigotry, chaos and harm towards our fellow citizens that Trump has been tweeting about and trying to legislate into law".
Yup!
For Trumps, it has never been about "the troops".

Remember all the flack about BENGHAZI ?
:think:

"Trump silent as questions remain over deadly Niger ambush"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politics/niger-attack-trump-silence/index.html

CHUMP didn't even bother to meet the plane carrying them or console the families of the dead marines!

Interplanner

The upshot is that it is the Left that is structured like a totalitarian government, and therefore is intolerant and violent.

There is no a Left-Right division in America. Instead, it is centralized vs minimal government. In order to have a centralized government, each person must think identical, as the British communists chanted during WW2: 'One mind, one state, all equal.'

Foxfire

The upshot is that it is the Left that is structured like a totalitarian government, and therefore is intolerant and violent.

There is no a Left-Right division in America. Instead, it is centralized vs minimal government. In order to have a centralized government, each person must think identical, as the British communists chanted during WW2: 'One mind, one state, all equal.'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/08/21/i-warned-of-right-wing-violence-in-2009-it-caused-an-uproar-i-was-right/

:yawn:

Interplanner

No one used the term white nationalist until 5 minutes ago.

As I said the division is still between centralization and minimalization. Even if centrals were divided, they would inherently fight until they could impose and silence others. But the historic problem has been those of the Left: Nazism, Marxism-Leninism, etc.

Whenever has a university had to hire 600K of protection for a progressive author to speak, like Berkeley last month when Ben Shapiro was invited, or Ann Coulter will be? Because the totalitarians want to be there to silence, censor, disrupt. The restaurant in the Fox article is in a state university area and the threats were from those who disagreed.

Foxfire

As I said the division is still between centralization and minimalization. Even if centrals were divided, they would inherently fight until they could impose and silence others. But the historic problem has been those of the Left: Nazism, Marxism-Leninism, etc.

It's your fairy tale. You're free to tell it the way you like. :chuckle: