Tucson cafe closes indefinately after backlash from pro-Trump FB post

Foxfire

i quoted the local news there, that shows clearly why they closed
The OP link WAS from a local source. Makes no mention of death threats as the primary consideration for considering closing.

(Subsequent spin notwithstanding.)

Earlier Saturday, Smith had toyed with the idea of indefinitely closing the restaurant, located in the bustling Main Gate district near the UA, in light of the widespread condemnation for the politically charged post.

calls me the liar, when he did, instead.
"you think its ok to threaten lives" was a total fabrication on your part. Ergo...LIE!

I feel sorry for those employees and owners who lost their livlihoods
So do I(*). As many of them as didn't quit on principle. The latter, I applaud!

Pity that CiP owners didn't give thought about the impact to their employee welfare when they decided to make their business a political podium.

(*With the exception that the owners are still in business as far as I know.)

Foxfire

Fact: Do your job at work, practice your politics on your time.

That's exactly my point as per Cup it Up's owners!

When they crossed that line they opened themselves up for the very firestorm that they brought down, not only on their own heads, but also those of their employees.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That's exactly my point as per Cup it Up's owners!

When they crossed that line they opened themselves up for the very firestorm that they brought down, not only on their own heads, but also those of their employees.

You are dishonest. What you quoted of mine, is from a different thread, not this one, and doesnt apply anyway, the owners in this instance closed their business due to death threats and to protect their employees from liberals threatening their lives.

The OWNERS can have any opinion they want, its their business, so what i said about the nfl, doesnt apply here at all.

Desperate arent you.

You are who said those people should suck it up (death threats) when you lied about why the business closed. Shameful man.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You are dishonest. What you quoted of mine, is from a different thread, not this one, and doesnt apply anyway, the owners in this instance closed their business due to death threats and to protect their employees from liberals threatening their lives.

The OWNERS can have any opinion they want, its their business, so what i said about the nfl, doesnt apply here at all.

Desperate arent you.

You are who said those people should suck it up (death threats) when you lied about why the business closed. Shameful man.
Exactly. The purpose of the thread was to show that supporting Trump is unacceptable. He was basically mocking the owners. Now he's concerned about the employees blaming the owners.