Turkey In Turmoil

fool

Hall of Fame
Yes...I'm close to Hamilton, and looks like more misery next week...

I had reason to travel from Michigan to New York alot of times last year so I drove right by.
Nice roads you got there.
One time I broke down and They treated me like family, I think that was more West towards Ingersoll or London when that happened.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Waiting for Donald Trump to make a statement. I really want to know how bluster would solve this one.

Stay tuned your president will have a lot of that on this issue. If bluster bothers you why did you vote for Obama twice, he is the king of bluster without action.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Stay tuned your president will have a lot of that on this issue. If bluster bothers you why did you vote for Obama twice, he is the king of bluster without action.

60_416307505140894_305821740_n-vi.jpg

Cnc0f93WIAAV6Zp.jpg

commonsense

I had reason to travel from Michigan to New York alot of times last year so I drove right by.
Nice roads you got there.
One time I broke down and They treated me like family, I think that was more West towards Ingersoll or London when that happened.
Well if you've travelled on the 403 you've been right in my neighborhood. I live 3 or 4 minutes from the highway. I'm pleased you like the roads and had a positive experience despite your misfortune.:)

commonsense

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch said on the front page today, "The Coup is Failing"
It can't be good to have additional instability in such a volatile region- especially with a member of NATO. The world is becoming a much more dangerous place almost by the day what with terrorism, Putin, the South China Sea thing.

Interplanner

Isn't this all foretold in Revelations???

No, the Rev was about the immediate turmoil for that generation, as was most of what the apostles said, as the first page of the Rev says. The rest of history is wide open to go any direction. There is a period at the end of the long reign of Christ in which the believers are harrassed everywhere right before it is over.

The problem here is that the attempt to be secular (which was Ataturk's vision) has failed. He believed the army was to protect that. A fundamentalist has defeated that, with the murky possibility that he is connected to ISIS, making it look like a nasty military needed to be stopped. That's why the Confuser-in-Chief thinks it is a 'democratic' development. Maybe now we will find out why he did a rally there in 8 years ago.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I learned last night that there is much more to this than meets the eye. The military is the last force in Turkey trying to keep the country secular. The military were actually the good guys here. The president is an Islamist who has been replacing generals and judges with Islamists who want an Islamic State. The failed coup is actually BAD for America. We should have backed the military coup. Now Turkey could become a caliphate and leave NATO. Once again, the idiot Obama and his moron minions have screwed the pooch.