Ukraine Crisis

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, Brain and User Name are racists because they haven't denied it and are clearly running cover for each other.

In cricketing terms, they are the last pair stood still mid-pitch looking at each other after a prod to cover.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Also, Brain and User Name are racists because they haven't denied it and are clearly running cover for each other.

In cricketing terms, they are the last pair stood still mid-pitch looking at each other after a prod to cover.
Cricket is just so...un-American.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sports in the US focus excessively on play-by-play planning. Rugby is the ultimate sport, an 80-minute contest for the ball.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Sports in the US focus excessively on play-by-play planning. Rugby is the ultimate sport, an 80-minute contest for the ball.
...And thus is superior. 😐

I have always hated this about team sports in the U.S. Which is why I concentrated on martial arts.

I enjoyed playing football immensely in the sand-lot. No gear and every play was a shotgun. Forget it otherwise. ;)

Last edited:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Then educate yourself further and find out why there was no justification on that score without WMD then. Or not.
General Norman Schwarzkopf was worried shortly after the invasion, that Hussein was going to detonate a nuclear device, due to the ease with which the allied forces were able to penetrate Hussein's defenses. You don't have that fear, if you KNOW he doesn't have WMD's.

And even while we were wrong about him having WMD's, we know for certain that Hussein didn't think his Kurds had WMD's when he murdered them.

The guy had a track record as a violent criminal, and it's always morally justified to attempt to liberate people from when their political leaders are known violent criminals, especially when they have committed violent crimes using state apparatus, such as a military, and especially againt his own people.

It might not be strategically sound, but that is always morally justified to attempt to do.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
...And thus is superior. 😐

I have always hated this about team sports in the U.S. Which is why I concentrated on martial arts.

I enjoyed playing football immensely in the sand-lot. No gear and every play was a shotgun. Forget it otherwise. ;)
The NFL's a television program, it comes on every year with a new season of live improv episodes (it's been on even longer than SNL), it used to be 256 new episodes every season, but now it's 272 every year, and that's just the regular season.

There are 32 characters in the show, and 17 episodes feature each character. Every character gets 17 episodes in which they are the on-screen stars.

If a character is successful, they will get an 18th, 19th, or even a 20th bonus episode at the end of the season.

And the characters are composed of individual players, owners, coaches and even stadium fans, each of whom contributes to the character of the characters.

I have paid hundreds of USD to be able to watch some of these episodes on TV every year.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The guy had a track record as a violent criminal, and it's always morally justified to attempt to liberate people from when their political leaders are known violent criminals, especially when they have committed violent crimes using state apparatus, such as a military, and especially againt his own people.

It might not be strategically sound, but that is always morally justified to attempt to do.
🤔 Yeah...Morally justified. The fact is that we as a nation are just fine with violent criminals as long as they are OUR violent criminals.

Inversely we tend to wander into "moral clarity" when the violent criminal in question is stepping on our "RealPolitikal" toes. 🙄

Arthur Brain

In cricket, the ball is dead when one batsman is dismissed (law 20.11.3). So once again your analysis is fatally — and obviously — flawed.
Learn to recognize hyperbole one of these days...I'm well aware of the rules of cricket in play and the analogy should have been obvious even to you. Heck, I was brought up and bored to death on the sport as a kid.

Arthur Brain

Our positions have been unequivocally clear from the outset with no deflection or prevarication. Absolutely no tolerance for the despot in the Kremlin along with no excuses or apologies for his and his regime's murderous, terrorist actions. Did it need to be spelled out in larger font for you?

In cricketing terms you've bowled 25 no balls in a row per over and have subsequently been sacked.

Arthur Brain

General Norman Schwarzkopf was worried shortly after the invasion, that Hussein was going to detonate a nuclear device, due to the ease with which the allied forces were able to penetrate Hussein's defenses. You don't have that fear, if you KNOW he doesn't have WMD's.

And even while we were wrong about him having WMD's, we know for certain that Hussein didn't think his Kurds had WMD's when he murdered them.

There was nothing "morally justified" about the Iraq war. Up to you if you want to educate yourself on the matter.

Arthur Brain

The USA's military-industrial complex combined with our entangling alliances are 2 big middle fingers given to Deuteronomy 17:6 which commands against engaging in wars in distant lands. For that reason I don't have a dog in this fight. However, because you are a Democrat (ie. a member of The War Party) you misinterpret any lack of rooting for Ukraine as being pro Putin. Do we know for a fact that there are (or were) WMDs in Ukraine? We didn't know for sure there weren't any in Iraq until the war was over. So was Putin justified in invading? We don't know yet. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy throwing cold water on the enthusiasm of new world order internationalists.
The Ukraine denuclearized years back and posed no threat to Russia whatsoever. Putin is an unhinged terrorist aggressor and you make excuses for the despot's mass murdering actions and all associated. Absolutely pathetic. Carry on being an apologist for the tyrant.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The Ukraine denuclearized years back and posed no threat to Russia whatsoever. Putin is an unhinged terrorist aggressor and you make excuses for the despot's mass murdering actions and all associated. Absolutely pathetic. Carry on being an apologist for the tyrant.

Ya know, it's not PC to call Ukraine, "the Ukraine":

In the English-speaking world during most of the 20th century, Ukraine (whether independent or not) was referred to as "the Ukraine".[24] This is because the word ukraina means "borderland"[25] so the definite article would be natural in the English language; this is similar to "Nederlanden", which means "low lands" and is rendered in English as "the Netherlands".[26] However, since Ukraine's declaration of independence in 1991, this usage has become politicised and is now rarer, and style guides advise against its use.[27][28] US ambassador William Taylor said that using "the Ukraine" implies disregard for Ukrainian sovereignty.[29] The official Ukrainian position is that "the Ukraine" is incorrect, both grammatically and politically.[30]

How much is Putin paying you to disregard Ukrainian sovereignty and the advice of style guides?💵

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
Ya know, it's not PC to call Ukraine, "the Ukraine":

In the English-speaking world during most of the 20th century, Ukraine (whether independent or not) was referred to as "the Ukraine".[24] This is because the word ukraina means "borderland"[25] so the definite article would be natural in the English language; this is similar to "Nederlanden", which means "low lands" and is rendered in English as "the Netherlands".[26] However, since Ukraine's declaration of independence in 1991, this usage has become politicised and is now rarer, and style guides advise against its use.[27][28] US ambassador William Taylor said that using "the Ukraine" implies disregard for Ukrainian sovereignty.[29] The official Ukrainian position is that "the Ukraine" is incorrect, both grammatically and politically.[30]

How much is Putin paying you to disregard Ukrainian sovereignty and the advice of style guides?💵
I have said "the Ukraine" for so long that it was hard to say it without the "the".
Now that their defense has brought them into the lime-light, I am trying to say just "Ukraine"...like "Uganda".
Practice makes perfect !