Ukraine Crisis

Right Divider

Body part
You seem to love Russian state propaganda media given that you continually refer to Ukrainians as Nazis. Are the millions of refugees who are trying to seek shelter away from the Russian war machine also Nazis? Those who have had their families torn apart, lost loved ones and children amid a barrage of shelling etc?
Saying "Ukrainian Nazis" is NOT the same thing as saying that "all Ukrainians are Nazis".

Arthur Brain

Saying "Ukrainian Nazis" is NOT the same thing as saying that "all Ukrainians are Nazis".
There's no reason to bring Nazism into the equation at all where it comes to Ukraine although I've edited my post. Will there be neo-Nazis dotted about? Probably as everywhere has their share of far right wingnuts including the US and UK. They have a Jewish president, a former comic actor and Russia's nonsense about "Denazifying" the country needs royally (and thankfully is) kicked into touch.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'd say it anywhere I want and I wouldn't have any fear of getting lynched either. What is it with some of you on the far right and your bizarre imaginings about what anyone to the left actually thinks or promotes? Acw pulled this type of ridiculous stunt in his equally ridiculous homosexuality thread. Accusing people of wanting to censor him and then getting miffed when folk like myself told him I fully supported his right to air his views as that's how it should be and I also want the bat crazy out there in full public view. Alex Jones is a class A loon but infowars should still be readily available for a laugh if nothing else...

Oh, and you're also not addressing how you're supporting a despotic, far right regime that actively promotes and enforces censorship. Do you listen to Russian state controlled media as a source of your news?

I haven't been on a college campus since pre-Covid, but I saw with my own eyes multiple times the street preachers on the quad. Most walked past, a few stayed to listen, no one shouted them down. In my writing class, one of the students read out loud his essay about his born again experience and everyone clapped politely, like they did with every other student. The thing about tolerance is that I've observed it going both ways by the kids on campus, and some here don't want it to. They don't want students to show tolerance toward the Muslim student with her head scarf or the student with multiple piercings and tattoos. The right deceives itself when it pretends to be against cancel culture. They want to control whose culture is getting canceled, that's all.

Arthur Brain

The topic is the politics of Nazis. How is the political censorship by Nazis off topic?
Well, the topic is about the crisis in Ukraine but censorship, the likes of which the Russian regime has enforced is certainly relevant. Do you condemn what's happened in Russia considering they not only censor news outlets in opposition but also arrest and incarcerate citizens for daring to voice independent protest against the invasion?

Arthur Brain

I haven't been on a college campus since pre-Covid, but I saw with my own eyes multiple times the street preachers on the quad. No one did anything, most walked past, a few stayed to listen, no one shouted them down. In my writing class, one of the students read out loud his essay about his born again experience and everyone clapped politely, like they did with every other student. The thing about tolerance is that I've observed it going both ways by the kids on campus, and some here don't want it to. They don't want students to show tolerance toward the Muslim student with her head scarf or the student with multiple piercings and tattoos. The right deceives itself when it pretends to be against cancel culture. They want to control whose culture is getting canceled, that's all.
Can't add anything to that of note apart from to say: Yup, well said.

marke

I'd say it anywhere I want and I wouldn't have any fear of getting lynched either. What is it with some of you on the far right and your bizarre imaginings about what anyone to the left actually thinks or promotes? Acw pulled this type of ridiculous stunt in his equally ridiculous homosexuality thread. Accusing people of wanting to censor him and then getting miffed when folk like myself told him I fully supported his right to air his views as that's how it should be and I also want the bat crazy out there in full public view. Alex Jones is a class A loon but infowars should still be readily available for a laugh if nothing else...

Oh, and you're also not addressing how you're supporting a despotic, far right regime that actively promotes and enforces censorship. Do you listen to Russian state controlled media as a source of your news?
American social media giants are committed to leftist democrats and their anti-American fascist policies.

Arthur Brain

Gee, the liberal media has been telling us that Ukraine has been trouncing Russia. Why would Ukraine be negotiating when they have Russia on the run? The liberal media haven't been lying to us have they?
What "media" have you been watching exactly? Ukrainian resistance has been plentiful for sure but they didn't ask for their homeland to be invaded and Russia's military and equipment have been in disarray. Why wouldn't they want negotiations to try and end the horror of their cities and civilians being bombarded by continual shelling? Where do you actually get your "news" from Jefferson?