Vaccination progress

chair

We're at about 48% of the population vaccinated here (in Israel). This includes >80% of everybody over age 50 ( at least one 'jab'), and >50% of people over the age of 20. So far the results have been very good, but only time will tell.

See here: https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COVID-19/general
site in Hebrew, but it is mostly graphs.

Graph of % vaccinated by age group. Light green had two doses, dark green only one so far.

1614087968364.png

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're at about 48% of the population vaccinated here (in Israel). This includes >80% of everybody over age 50 ( at least one 'jab'), and >50% of people over the age of 20. So far the results have been very good, but only time will tell.

Graph of % vaccinated by age group. Light green had two doses, dark green only one so far.

View attachment 515
Fortunately your leader and country seems to have taken this deadly threat seriously. We were over a year late to respond in a competent manner.

My mom was fortunate enough to get her first dose of the Moderna vaccination and will receive her next around March 10th.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

View attachment 515
Wonderful. Are you still going to lock down and mask now that everyone is safe?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Fortunately your leader and country seems to have taken this deadly threat seriously. We were over a year late to respond in a competent manner.
You're right! We should have been vaccinating everybody in January last year!

No, wait.

You're insane.

Never mind

Last edited:

chair

Wonderful. Are you still going to lock down and mask now that everyone is safe?
Lockdown is being eased up. Hospitalizations are down. We are waiting to see how things continue as the lockdown is eased up. There is a lot that isn't known, despite our best efforts.

And honestly- masks are small change. For some reason they've become a Symbol- but they are just a minor nuisance when compared to the economic damage and lost jobs that you get from lockdowns.

Last edited:

eider

@chair ... We hear on BBC News how well Israel is doing at this time.

Our lockdown has reduced hospital admissions and we look forward to seeing how our mass vaccination program will work.

Gary K

Banned
@chair ... We hear on BBC News how well Israel is doing at this time.

Our lockdown has reduced hospital admissions and we look forward to seeing how our mass vaccination program will work.
That's one of the saddest statements I've ever seen you make. You're doing a mass vaccination of untested effectiveness and safety. And you're all excited about it. When the really bad side effects of this vaccine begin to show only then will you begin to understand what's been done to you and your friends and neighbors but by then it will be far to late to do anything about it. The largest side effect of this vaccine is the permanent change of your DNA and you don't come close to understanding how serious that is.

You've been shown multiple times how easy it is to manipulate PCR testing results, and yet you consciously choose to believe those who are out to destroy you.

eider

That's one of the saddest statements I've ever seen you make. You're doing a mass vaccination of untested effectiveness and safety. And you're all excited about it. When the really bad side effects of this vaccine begin to show only then will you begin to understand what's been done to you and your friends and neighbors but by then it will be far to late to do anything about it. The largest side effect of this vaccine is the permanent change of your DNA and you don't come close to understanding how serious that is.

You've been shown multiple times how easy it is to manipulate PCR testing results, and yet you consciously choose to believe those who are out to destroy you.
No ffreeloader....
We will know if our vaccination plan has worked by mid March because the most vulnerable age groups and high risk folks will all have been vaccinated for more than three weeks, and we will be looking at hospital admissions and death counts .... which are already reducing , we hear.

Nearly all Brits are being vaccinated, and so far that number exceeds 15 million of us. I was jabbed on Feb 6th and had no side effects at all, not even a mark to show for it.

You're an armchair screamer, I'm sad to say.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since we don't know how many people died of COVID, and since we don't know how many cases there were, although we do have a pretty good handle on hospitalizations for COVID as far as I'm aware, I'm betting this paper says the vaccine is wonderfully effective. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it will be shown later that their control group is inaccurate. We'll have to wait for criticism of the paper to come out from unbiased qualified people before we can know the truth.

Typically, vaccines are a great deal less effective than they claim because they always come after the disease has played out.

Hilltrot

Lockdown is being eased up. Hospitalizations are down. We are waiting to see how things continue as the lockdown is eased up. There is a lot that isn't known, despite our best efforts.

And honestly- masks are small change. For some reason they've become a Symbol- but they are just a minor nuisance when compared to the economic damage and lost jobs that you get from lockdowns.
You have that many vaccinated and you're still under lockdown . . .

Are they placebo's or do Jews in Israel really like having extended Sabbaths?

chair

You have that many vaccinated and you're still under lockdown . . .

Are they placebo's or do Jews in Israel really like having extended Sabbaths?
We are exiting lockdown gradually. We are still far from group immunity, and are being cautious. Young children are not being vaccinated (at least not yet) and the disease is infecting many youngsters. Fortunately they usually do not got very ill.

In a few weeks the situation will be much clearer.

eider

We are exiting lockdown gradually. We are still far from group immunity, and are being cautious. Young children are not being vaccinated (at least not yet) and the disease is infecting many youngsters. Fortunately they usually do not got very ill.

In a few weeks the situation will be much clearer.
We in the UK look forward to following Israel's lead.
Things will be more clear here in about 2-3 weeks, we expect.

chair

Here are our vaccinations, over time (dark green- first dose, light green two doses):
1614594348653.png

And these are seriously ill with COVID, over time:

1614594461944.png

There are still many infected people, mostly among younger people who are less likely to have been already vaccinated, but also less likely to get seriously ill. The plot below are those who tested positive. Blue is men, green women:

1614594774117.png

chair

We're up to >54% of the population vaccinated, including the vast majority of people over thirty:
1615470083277.png

In the meantime:
1. Restrictions are gradually being lifted. Restaurants are open, schools are opening. Sorry- they didn't find an excuse to control us longer- because that wasn't the motivation.
2. People are not dying in droves from the vaccination, despite the dire warnings we've heard.
3. The number of seriously ill people has dropped by close to half.
3. Those getting sick are largely the young unvaccinated people- who generally don't get seriously ill.
4. Unfortunately, there are older people who have resisted getting vaccinated- and they are still getting seriously ill.
5. You can gain immunity through vaccination, or by getting infected. Vaccination is far safer.

eider

We're up to >54% of the population vaccinated, including the vast majority of people over thirty:

In the meantime:
1. Restrictions are gradually being lifted. Restaurants are open, schools are opening. Sorry- they didn't find an excuse to control us longer- because that wasn't the motivation.
2. People are not dying in droves from the vaccination, despite the dire warnings we've heard.
3. Those getting sick are largely the young unvaccinated people- who generally don't get seriously ill.
4. Unfortunately, there are older people who have resisted getting vaccinated- and they are still getting seriously ill.
5. You can gain immunity through vaccination, or by getting infected. Vaccination is far safer.
You're doing very well in Israel......
We've vaccinated everybody over 55 by the end of this week.
Our hospital admissions are falling now, as are our deaths per day.
We are still getting Covid spikes, mostly where the restrictions have been allowed to lapse too quickly.

I don't think that we have had high numbers of vaccination refusals here, and everybody still wears masks and social distances wherever I see them, so I'm hoping that we'll be opening up fairly soon. Our schools are all back now.

Hilltrot

They told you when you should lockdown and when you are allowed to "go out and play". You don't realize this is control.
No one ever said this would happen on this forum.
Congrats.
So, why were they on lockdown to begin with?
I'm sure the local propaganda is bringing every single case of this to light.
For people at risk, I would agree. As far as immunity, that is not true.

I don't like the BBC, but you do so I included it. The disease hasn't been around long enough for us to know. No one fully understands its transmission either.

The vaccine is experimental but the current guidance is that the vaccine will be taken yearly.