Vatican City

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
the 108 acre territory became a city/state (country) in 1929 and the pope was paid 92 million (1 billion today) as compensation for losing most of Italy. they were defeated in 1870 and retreated to what is now vatican city.

they took the seed money and donations and began again after being broke in the early 20th century. so how much is the entire value of all the vatican's wealth ? property, assets, etc. ? i don't know yet, i just started this thread, but could we ever get the true value ? an honest assessment ?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
another cheap shot from the peanut gallery

do you ever ask yourself what is really important?

like:

life
family
marriage
freedom

have you noticed who is leading the way defending those concepts?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

like:

life
family
marriage
freedom

Well, except some of the honored guests here, Nick M in particular, don't like what the Pope is saying because there is not enough hell-fire in it.

PureX

the 108 acre territory became a city/state (country) in 1929 and the pope was paid 92 million (1 billion today) as compensation for losing most of Italy. they were defeated in 1870 and retreated to what is now vatican city.

they took the seed money and donations and began again after being broke in the early 20th century. so how much is the entire value of all the vatican's wealth ? property, assets, etc. ? i don't know yet, i just started this thread, but could we ever get the true value ? an honest assessment ?
Why does any of this matter?

What church doesn't have it's buildings, and it's paid ministers? The Catholics are no different than the protestants or any other denomination. They're just larger in size and number.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
do you think he is using what nick says to validate his lack of belief?

No, my lack of belief is the result of 16 years of Catholic school education followed by some substantial Bible study, and then a dose of rationality.

I think the fact that many here agree with Nick is evidence of the inability of many fundamentalists to appreciate the real message of the Gospel they say they believe in.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, my lack of belief is the result of 16 years of Catholic school education followed by some substantial Bible study, and then a dose of rationality.

I think the fact that many here agree with Nick is evidence of the inability of many fundamentalists to appreciate the real message of the Gospel they say they believe in.

the fact that you would even mention nick calls into question your discernment

meshak

BANNED
Banned
do you think he is using what nick says to validate his lack of belief?

Nick has been neg repping with "go to hell".

I think he is being sarcastic about NickM.

Besides, so many Christians condemn non-believers will be burned in hell for eternity.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

like:

life
family
marriage
freedom

this wasn't a cheap shot. feeling overly sensitive ? mybe because you always feel the catholic church is under attack. the pope is gay, there i said it. just kidding, but he's ok with gays and same sex marriage

i was simply citing some things i saw on the history channel. LOL

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Pope Buys The Yankees !!!!!!

yes, the Vatican is purchasing it's first MLB franchise and it's the biggest name in baseball, the iconic New York Yankees.

the purchase price hasn't been announced but sources close to the Pope estimate the deal at 16 - 18 billion.

the Pope will be the GM, manager and batting coach starting in 2018.
this purchase will bolster the Vatican portfolio while placing them in a prime position to preach Christ Crucified at every opportunity, to make up for not mentioning Jesus too much on his papal visit.

the new Vatican slogan is - Let's Pray Too !! (Let's Play Two)

SaulToPaul 2

I'm curious how much the phallic shaped obelisk in Pete's Square cost them to build.