veganism = early death

just a thought..

i've studied ppl who lived to be over 110

NONE were vegans..

you can be vegan for maybe a month & retain your health...

I've studied this... so DONT argue w/ me..

otay? :box::argue:

:chuckle:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.--- A. Whitney Brown

In all seriousness animal proteins are vital to keeping the body healthy. You can't get what you need from just plant sources.

1PeaceMaker

I used to be a ruthless lawnmower, myself, but then I realized that I and my family needed nutrient dense animal foods. The switch was a real blessing all around.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The base of my food pyramid is fruits and vegetables. The top is meats.

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants.--- A. Whitney Brown

In all seriousness animal proteins are vital to keeping the body healthy. You can't get what you need from just plant sources.

that's funny...

sorta...

its kinda not funny when someone is a vergetarian...

i mean, it seems most of them love animals more than humans..

ever noticed how most of them are pro-abortion???

how does THAT make sense??

i think they hate themselves... I mean if you hate your own species....

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I have noticed that too. They are flaming libs that think humans are a blight on the earth. They don't know that God created the earth as a home for humans.

Universalist

I can't live without meat, although I have been totally convicted of the Lord to eat less of it lately. ( But, not to totally eliminate it out of my diet )

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can't live without meat, although I have been totally convicted of the Lord to eat less of it lately. ( But, not to totally eliminate it out of my diet )

There is a tendency in Western culture to eat way too much meat. Most of us can benefit for eating less of it and more veggies. A serving of about the size of a deck of cards for beef is about all we need two the three times a week for middle aged adults. The rest of the days we should eat poultry or fish. As we get older we need less beef and more fish.

1PeaceMaker

There is a tendency in Western culture to eat way too much meat. Most of us can benefit for eating less of it and more veggies. A serving of about the size of a deck of cards for beef is about all we need two the three times a week for middle aged adults. The rest of the days we should eat poultry or fish. As we get older we need less beef and more fish.

I like your siggy!

But I just wanted to point out an alternative perspective. High nutrient density diets, low carb, high in animal fats and meat. That's what I've discovered really supports good health. I would also add you won't catch me enjoying your typical chicken these days. They actually have been spiking chicken for the past 60 years with arsenic, a carcinogen that disrupts our endocrine systems, and yes, it does get into the meat and from there, into our tissues. :noid: They now have evidence for it being in the chicken meat.

Squishes

that's funny...

sorta...

its kinda not funny when someone is a vergetarian...

i mean, it seems most of them love animals more than humans..

ever noticed how most of them are pro-abortion???

how does THAT make sense??

Because, according to this subset of vegans, these animals are suffering while embryos do not.

zoo22

I do eat meat. That said, a vegan diet can absolutely be healthy. Also, while there may not be many vegans who are at the oldest ages in the world (for the most part, veganism is relatively new way of eating), most of the oldest folks in the world are vegetarian. Though they typically eat dairy. A heathy diet can take many different forms. I agree that being vegetarian (or more-so vegan) involves making sure you cover the nutrients, protiens you need.

I don't really understand why many meat-eating folks seem to care so much about whether someone eats meat or not. I'd think if someone actually cared, soda and frozen tater-tots would be a bigger concern.

Universalist

You are so right, I think we eat just way too much meat. We do need more veggies, I definitely do.

It is funny you mentioning we should eat more fish, I started feeling lead to eat more fish myself as of earlier tonight while eating fish for dinner.

I am thinking perhaps beef maybe once a week and the rest of the week more fish. Well, at least 3 times a week anyway. I know we can't eat fish everyday either because of the Mercury levels, so I have to be careful with that too.

Quincy

If I wasn't so anemic, I'd totally do this. I'm not very fond of the taste of meat or dairy and already eat many Soy products, including Soy based peanut butter.

Universalist

If I wasn't so anemic, I'd totally do this. I'm not very fond of the taste of meat or dairy and already eat many Soy products, including Soy based peanut butter.

I am so not a fan of Soy products. I remember trying Soy milk when it was hit the scene and thought it was disgusting. ewww...lol!

Quincy

I am so not a fan of Soy products. I remember trying Soy milk when it was hit the scene and thought it was disgusting. ewww...lol!

That is cool! We all have different taste and tolerances. Myself, I really like Soy milk. One full glass gives me 100% of my B12 for the day so I'd drink it even if I didn't like it. You know, I don't really like flavoured kind though. You can get that vanilla flavored and stuff, but I think it's terrible. Just the plain stuff is ok.

1PeaceMaker

I do eat meat. That said, a vegan diet can absolutely be healthy.
For post-menopausal women, perhaps.

Also, while there may not be many vegans who are at the oldest ages in the world (for the most part, veganism is relatively new way of eating), most of the oldest folks in the world are vegetarian. Though they typically eat dairy. A heathy diet can take many different forms. I agree that being vegetarian (or more-so vegan) involves making sure you cover the nutrients, protiens you need.
I spent a good deal of my life as a "vegan" or hardcore vegetarian. That lifestyle didn't prepare me as well as I would have liked to bear children. Frankly, as a girl I wasn't very healthy, despite growing up on "wholesome" foods and having vitamins and other supplements from time to time. At least there weren't so many pesticides in the food back then, but at the same time, the people who raised me didn't know to soak grains and legumes, which makes a good deal of difference in digestibility. Certain nutrients go into you better with the animal based, fat soluble vitamins.

I was really impressed at how well I did during my 4th pregnancy, which was the first one that I had with a good animal based diet. I was getting a lot more nutrients, I believe, and that's why she was so hardy. She had a big healthy placenta, she just in general seems to glow with good health in a particular way that makes her stand out compared to her older siblings at her age. The older kids are doing really well though, too. Once we made the switch to a higher fat and meaty diet they really seemed to get healthier, too. Children must have a high fat diet, and animal fats really are irreplaceably valuable.

I don't really understand why many meat-eating folks seem to care so much about whether someone eats meat or not. I'd think if someone actually cared, soda and frozen tater-tots would be a bigger concern.

As a mother, I found I had specific concerns about the impact of vegan diets on maternal and child health. A lack of an abundance of fatty acids can be very detrimental. The proteins also seem to be very important, but at least plant seeds and nuts can be treated with sprouting and fermentation to help release the amino acids and other nutrients in a useful form.

Universalist

That is cool! We all have different taste and tolerances. Myself, I really like Soy milk. One full glass gives me 100% of my B12 for the day so I'd drink it even if I didn't like it. You know, I don't really like flavoured kind though. You can get that vanilla flavored and stuff, but I think it's terrible. Just the plain stuff is ok.

Very true, different strokes for different folks.

I remember it being the vanilla flavor, I guess it is definitely just not for me..I find myself being use to the taste of dairy products, and like an addict I find it hard to stray from certain things I am use to.

I even tried Soy burgers and ended up throwing the entire pack away.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like your siggy!

But I just wanted to point out an alternative perspective. High nutrient density diets, low carb, high in animal fats and meat. That's what I've discovered really supports good health. I would also add you won't catch me enjoying your typical chicken these days. They actually have been spiking chicken for the past 60 years with arsenic, a carcinogen that disrupts our endocrine systems, and yes, it does get into the meat and from there, into our tissues. :noid: They now have evidence for it being in the chicken meat.

I haven't had chicken in a while because lately it has tasted funny. Maybe that's why. I don't eat that many carbs until they are high in fiber. I love dark green baby lettuce, blue berries brussels sprouts. broccoli and assorted fresh fruit. My favorite meat is salmon.

Quincy

Very true, different strokes for different folks.

I remember it being the vanilla flavor, I guess it is definitely just not for me..I find myself being use to the taste of dairy products, and like an addict I find it hard to stray from certain things I am use to.

I even tried Soy burgers and ended up throwing the entire pack away.

Oh, tell me about it. Soy burgers, sausage and chicken patties are terrible! I almost developed a taste for them. There is some faux stuff you can get that you can put in pasta sauce that replaces meat for it. That stuff is actually pretty good. It's at least a decent as some canned pasta. It's probably the same stuff haha.

I don't eat meat, I haven't since 2000.

I'm in far better health now than I was 11 years ago.

Ah, you're so lucky. I only eat seafood/chicken mostly but have to eat some liver once in awhile. Outside of that I never eat pork or beef.