Vets, thank you for your service

Lon

Psa 144:1 Of David. Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;
Psa 144:2 he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.
Psa 144:3 O LORD, what is man that you regard him, or the son of man that you think of him?
Psa 144:4 Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow.
Psa 144:5 Bow your heavens, O LORD, and come down! Touch the mountains so that they smoke!
Psa 144:6 Flash forth the lightning and scatter them; send out your arrows and rout them!
Psa 144:7 Stretch out your hand from on high; rescue me and deliver me from the many waters, from the hand of foreigners,
Psa 144:8 whose mouths speak lies and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
Psa 144:9 I will sing a new song to you, O God; upon a ten-stringed harp I will play to you,
Psa 144:10 who gives victory to kings, who rescues David his servant from the cruel sword.
Psa 144:11 Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners, whose mouths speak lies and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
Psa 144:12 May our sons in their youth be like plants full grown, our daughters like corner pillars cut for the structure of a palace;
Psa 144:13 may our granaries be full, providing all kinds of produce; may our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields;
Psa 144:14 may our cattle be heavy with young, suffering no mishap or failure in bearing; may there be no cry of distress in our streets!
Psa 144:15 Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the LORD!

It is a thankless job most often and young men and women don't always sign up for altruistic reasons, but having been in, you served us, by trying to do the right things, trying to protect Americans around you, and/or support those on those lines. For that service, under duress and low pay, thanks may not be enough, but it is offered in thankfulness and sincerity. Most of my family members who were in the military have passed on now, we used the day to spend with one another and appreciate the love and service of those family members. If nothing else, I pray it is a deserved day off that honors your service as well as blesses you with the closeness of family and friends, and Lord willing, His presence, mercies, and grace.

Thank you. Have a blessed day.

-Lon

(Psalmist or another tend to do this but seem a bit busy today. He or another may yet come up with a thread of their own)

Prayer for our Brave Men and Women

Almighty God,
You are our Creator and Sustainer.
You are our Light and our Fortress.
You are our Wisdom and our Strength.
Lord, you moved upon men to establish this great nation. You stirred men to hope and to dream for a land of freedom. We praise you for this great nation.
Lord, you have inspired many of our best and brightest to volunteer to proudly stand and defend our beloved country. You have given us brave and loyal men and women who have steadfastly served in their chosen branch of our military.
We gather today to remember our military personnel. We acknowledge that their service enables us to walk as free men and women in this great land.
Lord, today we seek to honor your sons and daughters who have served or who are serving our country. We are reminded that because of their service we can live in safety.
We ask that you abundantly bless those who have previously served. May their service time be rewarded in every way. May they gain earthly and heavenly blessings from their unselfish love of country.

Lord, we stop now and remember those who are currently serving. We ask that you provide them with your protection, your strength, and your peace. We ask that you would abundantly provide for all their needs. We ask that you would enable them to overcome every personal and professional obstacle. We ask that you would protect their families from hurt and harm.
May each of our veterans feel honored not just today but every day.
Father, we also give special recognition to our wounded warriors. We realize that many of our heroes are dealing with physical and emotional wounds that occurred as a result of their time of service to our country.
We ask that they would be given the best treatments available and that you would add your supernatural blessings to all the efforts given to them to help them. We ask that you, Lord, would show them miracles as they seek to gain health, stability, and wholeness.

We pray these things in Jesus' name,
Amen - Inspirational prayers

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Spoiler
in-flanders-fields.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Use spoiler tags to bracket huge pixs. I added them in the quoted portion above. Before posting use the Advanced editing option to Preview your post to see exactly how it will appear. Make changes, as in adding spoiler tags, when the pix is so large that it expands the horizontal width of a fully enlarged web browser window. Don't force readers to have to scroll left and right when viewing your post and all posts that follow on the same page that your huge pix appears.

Just quote this text temporarily to see how to use the spoiler tags as suggested. If possible, go back to your post in question, edit it to add the beginning and ending
[spoiler]{your pix here}[/spoiler] tags.

AMR

Breathe

I'm grateful too!
Three of my grandsons are in the military and have served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They have my gratitude. :)
My husband served in Viet Nam at 18. First place they sent him after he finished basic training, even though he was told by the Army that if he joined, instead of waiting to be drafted, he wouldn't be sent there. He doesn't like to talk about Nam, even all these years later.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
They have my gratitude. :)
My husband served in Viet Nam at 18. First place they sent him after he finished basic training, even though he was told by the Army that if he joined, instead of waiting to be drafted, he wouldn't be sent there. He doesn't like to talk about Nam, even all these years later.

do you ever wonder if he should talk about it?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Use spoiler tags to bracket huge pixs. I added them in the quoted portion above. Before posting use the Advanced editing option to Preview your post to see exactly how it will appear. Make changes, as in adding spoiler tags, when the pix is so large that it expands the horizontal width of a fully enlarged web browser window. Don't force readers to have to scroll left and right when viewing your post and all posts that follow on the same page that your huge pix appears.

Just quote this text temporarily to see how to use the spoiler tags as suggested. If possible, go back to your post in question, edit it to add the beginning and ending
[spoiler]{your pix here}[/spoiler] tags.

AMR

sorry amr - i usually do, but this one displayed with the same width as lon's OP on my screen so i let it go