Was Mary M. the Same as Mary B?

Wick Stick

1 - Now, you lost me. You tell me of how hazardous is to become a king and that Jesus was no less than a king. Where, in Israel? Never mind about faith! Just tell me what book is that about Jesus that says he was a king with evidences because there is nothing in the NT for that matter.
It's all over the NT... what exactly do you think "Christ" means?

Ben Masada

It's all over the NT... what exactly do you think "Christ" means?

WS, you don't upset me because I have got used to the fact that all Christians are the same, with absurd statements that when called into account you guys have nothing to say.

Okay, let me answer your question about what "Christ" means. "Christ" is a term from the Greek which means anointed one of the Lord aka the Messiah. If you read Prophet Habakkuk in 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord aka the People.

Now, for the meaning of "Christ" in the NT. That's a title attributed to Jesus by Paul if you read II Tim. 2:8. Paul revealed that secret to his disciple Timothy with the explanation that it was according to his own gospel - Paul's gospel. It means that there was another gospel at the time in whose agenda Jesus was not taught as "Christ" aka the Messiah. And that was the gospel of the apostles of Jesus if you read. II Cor. 11:4-6,13.

Wick Stick

There's so much wrong there, I'm not even sure where to start.

Maybe start by reading your own Tanach?

The High Priest was anointed to his position, and called Messiah. Exodus 28:41
The King was anointed to that position, and called Messiah. 1Samuel 2:10
Is all Israel called anointed? Yes! But that in no way invalidates the title as belonging to the King and High Priest.

As for "another gospel," such thing surely existed, but such was the work of Cerinthus and Simon; not Peter and John. It was Peter's confession that "thou art the Christ" before ever Saul rode out to Damascus.

Jarrod

Ben Masada

There's so much wrong there, I'm not even sure where to start.

Maybe start by reading your own Tanach?

The High Priest was anointed to his position, and called Messiah. Exodus 28:41
The King was anointed to that position, and called Messiah. 1Samuel 2:10
Is all Israel called anointed? Yes! But that in no way invalidates the title as belonging to the King and High Priest.

As for "another gospel," such thing surely existed, but such was the work of Cerinthus and Simon; not Peter and John. It was Peter's confession that "thou art the Christ" before ever Saul rode out to Damascus.

Jarrod

Don't forget that the gospels and Acts of the Apostles were written from 30 to 90 years after the Letters of Paul. And not a single book of the NT was written by a Jew. Jews would not write against their own Faith which was Judaism. They were all Hellenists former disciples of Paul.

If you want to know who were preaching the other gospel different from Paul's don't go after extra NT literature. Paul himself revealed them according II Cor. 11:4-6, 13. He was talking about the very apostles of Jesus with a gospel that he was ready to curse for being different from his gospel. (Gal. 1:6-9)

Regarding the anointed ones to be called Messiah, they were not. They were all Messianic leaders. The true Messiah is the one spoken of by Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. "The Lord goes forth to save His People
to save his anointed one." That's the real Messiah; the anointed one of the Lord aka Israel as the People of the Lord.

The King was anointed all right but as a Messianic leader within being a king. Even Cyrus was called an anointed one by Prophet Isaiah but in the sense of a Messianic leader for having freed the Jews from exile and financed the rebuilding of the Temple. (Isa. 45:1)