What does "Allahu Akbar" mean?

What does "Allahu Akbar" mean?

• Total voters

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think most will chose "God is great".
And that is close, but oh so far away!
They mistakenly think that the Islamic god Allah and our God YHWH are one and the same.

Yes, it's been taught for years that there are three monotheistic religions in the world, Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
Then, it's assumed that since these three honor one God, that they all must be reverencing the same God.

glorydaz

Yes, it's been taught for years that there are three monotheistic religions in the world, Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
Then, it's assumed that since these three honor one God, that they all must be reverencing the same God.

In reality there are only two.

The LORD Jesus Christ and Antichrist.

(Islam is the cloak of antichrist).

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think most will chose "God is great".
And that is close, but oh so far away!
They mistakenly think that the Islamic god Allah and our God YHWH are one and the same.
Strictly translated into English the phrase actually becomes "God is greater" as in "My God is greater!", hence the battle cry of the killing Muslim that actually follows their "holy book". These are what the media, hoping to rehabilitate Islam, refer to as "radicalized" Muslims, when in fact they are but orthodox Muslims actually following what their book claims, while the "Muslim is a religion of peace" Muslim is the equivalent of a liberal professing (not possessing) "Christian". Don't take the bait. ;)

The famous Muslim scholar and “father of modern history” Ibn Khaldun (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Khaldun) states the dichotomy between jihad and defensive warfare thus:

In the Muslim community, the holy war [i.e. jihad] is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the Muslim mission and the obligation to convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force...The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense...They are merely required to establish their religion among their own people. That is why the Israelites after Moses and Joshua remained unconcerned with royal authority [e.g. a “caliphate”]. Their only concern was to establish their religion [not spread it to the nations]…But Islam is under obligation to gain power over other nations (The Muqudimmah, vol. 1 pg. 473).​

AMR

glorydaz

This matters, folks!

It's a battle cry.

The Hadith, which is a set of additional Muslim texts written after the Koran, describe how the prophet Mohamed prepared to attack the Jews in Khaibar in 628 CE. As he begins the battle, he shouts “Allahu Akbar.”

The exact quote from the Hadith is: “The Prophet set out for Khaibar and reached it at night. He used not to attack if he reached the people at night, till the day broke. So, when the day dawned, the Jews came out with their bags and spades. When they saw the Prophet; they said, ‘Muhammad and his army!’ The Prophet said, ‘Allahu Akbar! (Allah is Greater) and Khaibar is ruined, for whenever we approach a nation [i.e. enemy to fight] then it will be a miserable morning for those who have been warned.’” “Allahu” is the nominative form of the word “Allah,” the name of God in Islam. It is not God. There is a significant difference between the name of God and the word “god.”

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Allahu-Akbar-468684

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Strictly translated into English the phrase actually becomes "God is greater" as in "My God is greater!", hence the battle cry of the killing Muslim that actually follows their "holy book". These are what the media, hoping to rehabilitate Islam, refer to as "radicalized" Muslims, when in fact they are but orthodox Muslims actually following what their book claims, while the "Muslim is a religion of peace" Muslim is the equivalent of a liberal professing (not possessing) "Christian". Don't take the bait. ;)

The famous Muslim scholar and “father of modern history” Ibn Khaldun (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Khaldun) states the dichotomy between jihad and defensive warfare thus:
In the Muslim community, the holy war [i.e. jihad] is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the Muslim mission and the obligation to convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force...The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense...They are merely required to establish their religion among their own people. That is why the Israelites after Moses and Joshua remained unconcerned with royal authority [e.g. a “caliphate”]. Their only concern was to establish their religion [not spread it to the nations]…But Islam is under obligation to gain power over other nations (The Muqudimmah, vol. 1 pg. 473).​

AMR
Thank you.

I hope folks don't fall for the hype of Islam being a religion of peace, and that we worship the same god.
Neither are no where near being truth.
It is cloaked in subtlety.