What gospel did Paul preach ?

Derf

They HEARD this (i.e., second hand)... that does NOT mean that it's exactly true, though Paul did also confirm what came before his NEW revelation from God (i.e., the dispensation of the grace of God).
It's possible to get new revelation related to a previously known gospel.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galatians 3
(18) For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.

(29) And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

Galatians 4
(7) So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

(28) Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gentile believers are heirs according to promise just like Isaac is (Gal 4:28).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The gospel of the grace of God is not the gospel of the kingdom.
You can go off on tangents, but that does not change this simple fact.
You can disagree with the simple fact that Gentile believers have the same inheritance (heirs) according to promise just like Isaac is (Gal 4:28).

Right Divider

Body part
You can disagree with the simple fact that Gentile believers have the same inheritance (heirs) according to promise just like Isaac is (Gal 4:28).
You simply do not understand what the "gospel of the kingdom" is.
I'm guessing that you also have a problem with the gospel of the circumcision.

Last edited:

Derf

The gospel of the grace of God is not the gospel of the kingdom.
You can go off on tangents, but that does not change this simple fact.
But Paul preached the kingdom gospel:
Acts 28:30-31 KJV — And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 28:30-31 KJV — And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
Nope, Paul did not preach the gospel of the kingdom. i.e., the kingdom at hand.
That kingdom (the one that the gospel of the kingdom is about) is about the nation of Israel and the King of the Jews. etc.

That is exactly why, after Christ taught them about the kingdom for forty days, they asked this question:

Acts 1:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Acts 1:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 4
(13) For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.
(14) For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void.

Galatians 3
(18) For if the inheritance comes by the law, it no longer comes by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.
(29) And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

Galatians 4
(7) So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
(28) Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.

Hoping

Banned
They HEARD this (i.e., second hand)... that does NOT mean that it's exactly true, though Paul did also confirm what came before his NEW revelation from God (i.e., the dispensation of the grace of God).
I am glad you inserted Paul's corroborating testimony regarding the matter.
That makes "it" true.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You simply do not understand what the "gospel of the kingdom" is.
Matthew 12
(25) Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.

God does not have a divided kingdom.

Amen.

Right Divider

Body part
Matthew 12
(25) Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.

God does not have a divided kingdom.
Thank you so much for admitting that you do not know what the "gospel of the kingdom" is.

Hoping

Banned
Nope, Paul did not preach the gospel of the kingdom. i.e., the kingdom at hand.
That kingdom (the one that the gospel of the kingdom is about) is about the nation of Israel and the King of the Jews. etc.

That is exactly why, after Christ taught them about the kingdom for forty days, they asked this question:

Acts 1:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:3) To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Acts 1:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
It is odd that you say "Nope". and then show that he did preach on the kingdom of God.
I will add...
Acts 14:22..."Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."
Acts 20:25..."And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more."
Romans 14:17..."For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."
1 Corinthians 4:20..."For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."
1 Corinthians 6:9..."Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"
Gal 5:21..."Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is odd that you say "Nope". and then show that he did preach on the kingdom of God.
I will add...
Acts 14:22..."Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."
Acts 20:25..."And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more."
Romans 14:17..."For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."
1 Corinthians 4:20..."For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power."
1 Corinthians 6:9..."Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"
Gal 5:21..."Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
And Jesus said:

Luke 17
(20) Now when he was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with things that can be observed,
(21) nor will they say, 'Behold, here it is!' or 'There!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

Right Divider

Body part
And Jesus said:

Luke 17
(20) Now when he was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with things that can be observed,
(21) nor will they say, 'Behold, here it is!' or 'There!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."
This is a complete abuse of scripture.
To believe your "interpretation", you must reject many, many prophecies that God gave about this kingdom.

The "kingdom of God is in your midst" simply refers to the fact that the KING of that kingdom was right there talking to them. Unless, perhaps, you think that the kingdom of God was within these unbelieving Pharisees.

Here is another statement that Christ made regarding that kingdom:
Matt 21:43 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:43) Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Do you also think that this "nation" will also be an invisible nation?

One key to interpreting the Bible is NOT to try to negate tons of passages by using ONE verse.

This passage also describes aspects of this same kingdom.

Isa 9:6-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (9:7) Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

The "throne of David" is in the city of Jerusalem in the land of Israel. It is NOT an "invisible" throne.

Last edited: