What gospel did Paul preach ?

DAN P

#1 was it God's gospel of Rom 1:1 ?

#2 Or was my gospel in Rom 16:25 ?

#3was it the gospel of the uncircumcision in Gal 2:7 ?

#4 or was it the mystery of the gospel of Eph 6:19 ?

#5 or was it the everlasting gospel of Rev 14:6 ?

dan p

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

dan p

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
No.

Hoping

Banned

dan p
There is only one "good news", so all your supplied verses refer to the gospel Paul learned and taught.
It is...
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed."
May God be praised and thanked !

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Gal 2:7 and 8 , as Paul preached the uncircumcision gospel to gentiles .

dan p
I was sort of hoping you'd spell it out for me. Just what is it that Paul preached?

To be clear...I'm not disagreeing with you here at all. I'm just interested to see how you'd go about putting the gospel into words, that's all.

Last edited:

DAN P

I was sort of hoping you'd spell it out for me. Just what is it the Paul preached?

To be clear...I'm not disagreeing with you here at all. I'm just interested to see how you'd go about putting the gospel into words, that's all.
#1 We are no longer to be circumcised as Israel was on the eighth day as we are circumcised with out hands , Col 2 :11

#2 All believers are placed into the body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13

#3 we are a new creation in Christ

#4 we are all saved by grace , Eph 2:8

#5 we are all seated in the heavenlies

#6 we are all baptized into Christ death , 1 Cor 15:29 and Rom 6:4

# 7 we will govern the universe , 1 Cor 6:2

#8 we have redemption through his blood , Col 1:14

#9 we are the temple , where God lives .

#10 we have the mind of Christ

#11 that there are only two dispensation , the dispensation ofthe grace of God Eph 3:1-6

#12 the other dispensation is called the dispensation of the fulness of times , Eph 1:10

just to mention a few

dan p

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
#1 We are no longer to be circumcised as Israel was on the eighth day as we are circumcised with out hands , Col 2 :11

#2 All believers are placed into the body of Christ , 1 Cor 12:13

#3 we are a new creation in Christ

#4 we are all saved by grace , Eph 2:8

#5 we are all seated in the heavenlies

#6 we are all baptized into Christ death , 1 Cor 15:29 and Rom 6:4

# 7 we will govern the universe , 1 Cor 6:2

#8 we have redemption through his blood , Col 1:14

#9 we are the temple , where God lives .

#10 we have the mind of Christ

#11 that there are only two dispensation , the dispensation ofthe grace of God Eph 3:1-6

#12 the other dispensation is called the dispensation of the fulness of times , Eph 1:10

just to mention a few

dan p
Excellent!

What would you say that Paul preached about who Jesus is?
Obviously, he would have preached that Jesus was the Son of God but do you suppose that Paul would have gone further than that and made a big deal about Jesus being God Himself in the flesh?

Also, I need some clarification on points 11 & 12, do you mean that there are only two dispensations that pertain to the Body of Christ?

Clete

DAN P

Excellent!

What would you say that Paul preached about who Jesus is?
Obviously, he would have preached that Jesus was the Son of God but do you suppose that Paul would have gone further than that and made a big deal about Jesus being God Himself in the flesh?

Also, I need some clarification on points 11 & 12, do you mean that there are only two dispensations that pertain to the Body of Christ?

Clete
And I have yet to see where Paul wrote , more than two dispensations !

The only book where the word DISPENSATION is used is in Luke 16:1-4 where the word dispensation / oikonomia is used ,where you seethe word stewardship and has nothing to do with dispensations or the mystery .

dan p

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

The only book where the word DISPENSATION is used is in Luke 16:1-4 where the word dispensation / oikonomia is used ,where you seethe word stewardship and has nothing to do with dispensations or the mystery .

dan p
I have no idea what you could be talking about.

You seem not to have the time for posting more than a sentence or two at time so an interesting conversation isn't possible anyway.

BORED!

Right Divider

Body part

dan p
There are many dispensations in the Bible... the Bible is not required to use the word "dispensation" very time that there is a dispensational change.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What gospel did Paul preach ?​

The same one he once persecuted.

Galatians 1
(13) For you have heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I was savagely persecuting the church of God and trying to destroy it.
(14) I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my nation, and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my ancestors.
(15) But when the one who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace was pleased
(16) to reveal his Son in me so that I could preach him among the Gentiles, I did not go to ask advice from any human being,
(17) nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before me, but right away I departed to Arabia, and then returned to Damascus.
(18) Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and get information from him, and I stayed with him fifteen days.
(19) But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord’s brother.
(20) I assure you that, before God, I am not lying about what I am writing to you!
(21) Afterward I went to the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
(22) But I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ.
(23) They were only hearing, “The one who once persecuted us is now proclaiming the good news of the faith he once tried to destroy.”
(24) So they glorified God because of me.

Hoping

Banned

Galatians 1
(13) For you have heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I was savagely persecuting the church of God and trying to destroy it.
(14) I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my nation, and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my ancestors.
(15) But when the one who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace was pleased
(16) to reveal his Son in me so that I could preach him among the Gentiles, I did not go to ask advice from any human being,
(17) nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before me, but right away I departed to Arabia, and then returned to Damascus.
(18) Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and get information from him, and I stayed with him fifteen days.
(19) But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord’s brother.
(20) I assure you that, before God, I am not lying about what I am writing to you!
(21) Afterward I went to the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
(22) But I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ.
(23) They were only hearing, “The one who once persecuted us is now proclaiming the good news of the faith he once tried to destroy.”
Agreed.
He wrote what he preached in 1 Cor 15:1-4..."Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"
That is the gospel !

Right Divider

Body part

(23) They were only hearing,The one who once persecuted us is now proclaiming the good news of the faith he once tried to destroy.”
They HEARD this (i.e., second hand)... that does NOT mean that it's exactly true, though Paul did also confirm what came before his NEW revelation from God (i.e., the dispensation of the grace of God).