What is the greatest curse in the Bible?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The cross is the sweet savour of life to us who are saved by it but the foul stench of death to those who are perishing...that's the way God planned it.

Like everything God does...it works

Stuu

The cross is the sweet savour of life to us who are saved by it but the foul stench of death to those who are perishing...that's the way God planned it.

Like everything God does...it works
So your god has planned for the foul stench of death.

That's either a failure, or an evil plan.

Stuart

Stuu

YOU, by the definition of the term wicked you fit nicely
wicked
ˈwɪkɪd/
adjective
1. evil or morally wrong.
"a wicked and unscrupulous politician"

2. playfully mischievous.
"a wicked sense of humour"

I'll take it that you aren't referring to my playful mischieviousness.

I have to disagree. I'm not perfect, but I'm not going to be compared unfavourably with a death cult that requires you to accept a human sacrifice on pain of torture. That's what you should be describing as wicked.

Stuart

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
See God is beyond your comprehension, there you are, His avowed enemy....yet you abide still in His kindness. You are fed, clothed and sheltered...you curse Him now, you will weep and howl when these things are taken away from you.

Stuu

See God is beyond your comprehension, there you are, His avowed enemy....yet you abide still in His kindness. You are fed, clothed and sheltered...you curse Him now, you will weep and howl when these things are taken away from you.
Is your god a vain, capricious monster then?

Stuart

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
wicked
ˈwɪkɪd/
adjective
1. evil or morally wrong.
"a wicked and unscrupulous politician"

2. playfully mischievous.
"a wicked sense of humour"

I'll take it that you aren't referring to my playful mischieviousness.

I have to disagree. I'm not perfect, but I'm not going to be compared unfavourably with a death cult that requires you to accept a human sacrifice on pain of torture. That's what you should be describing as wicked.

Stuart

Death comes from sin [of which you are a master] common sense innit, if you pluck a flower from it's habitat it is going to die...mebbe not at once, mebbe you can keep it going for a while.

If you replant it, it will still die...but new life will come God willing.

Can you remember the instance when you were plucked? most people if they set their mind can remember the point at which they deliberately decided to do evil.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You see when men and women lure little kids away from their parents and all that is safety and comfort for them...they are going to destroy them.

Where does such evil come from?

Stuu

Death comes from sin [of which you are a master] common sense innit, if you pluck a flower from it's habitat it is going to die...mebbe not at once, mebbe you can keep it going for a while.

If you replant it, it will still die...but new life will come God willing.

Can you remember the instance when you were plucked? most people if they set their mind can remember the point at which they deliberately decided to do evil.
What evil are you accusing me of? I think you should withdraw this accusation of sin, or why should you not expect a summons for libel?

If your evidence is that I have spoken badly of your god, a god that doesn't seem to be able to cope with fair criticism, then I'll first have to ask you for some unambiguous reason to believe such a god actually exists against which I could speak ill. Further, your standing to accuse me when you are not the criticised party is a bit dubious.

On the other hand I might forgive your libel as it has been a while since I was in the UK, in London hearing 'innit' on the end of every sentence!

Stuart

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What evil are you accusing me of? I think you should withdraw this accusation of sin, or why should you not expect a summons for libel?

If your evidence is that I have spoken badly of your god, a god that doesn't seem to be able to cope with fair criticism, then I'll first have to ask you for some unambiguous reason to believe such a god actually exists against which I could libel. Further, your standing to accuse me when you are not the criticised party is a bit dubious.

On the other hand I might forgive your libel as it has been a while since I was in the UK, in London hearing 'innit' on the end of every sentence!

Stuart
-
Ah London the setting for Dicken's Fagin innit.

You are like the Artful Dodger trying to lure unwary souls away from God....you fight to stop the spread of God's righteous Kingdom where everyone will dwell in peace and safety.

...that's wicked