What is the greatest curse in the Bible?

Stuu

-
Ah London the setting for Dicken's Fagin innit.

You are like the Artful Dodger trying to lure unwary souls away from God....you fight to stop the spread of God's righteous Kingdom where everyone will dwell in peace and safety.

...that's wicked
On the other hand, you appear keen to lure people into this wicked cult of accepting a human sacrifice of Jesus, a scapegoat for responsibility for one's wrongdoing. It doesn't even demand that you do the right thing by those you have wronged.

I would rather accept responsibility for my actions. I would rather not celebrate an execution. I can't be joining your cult sorry, and must continue to advocate for an enlightened view that thinks very critically regarding those who hold conspiracy theories of gods and spirits and demons running the universe and fighting over humans. Even Saul of Tarsus said we should put the things of childhood behind us. Shame he couldn't practice as he preached.

Stuart

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
On the other hand, you appear keen to lure people into this wicked cult of accepting a human sacrifice of Jesus, a scapegoat for responsibility for one's wrongdoing. It doesn't even demand that you do the right thing by those you have wronged.

I would rather accept responsibility for my actions. I would rather not celebrate an execution. I can't be joining your cult sorry, and must continue to advocate for an enlightened view that thinks very critically regarding those who hold conspiracy theories of gods and spirits and demons running the universe and fighting over humans. Even Saul of Tarsus said we should put the things of childhood behind us. Shame he couldn't practice as he preached.

Stuart

Yet you accuse Christ of sin

The bible AGREES with you

He who knew no sin became sin for us [and was executed] that we might become the righteousness of God. It is all about aspirations what you truly aspire to in your deepest heart....surely aspirations are spiritual things, whether good or evil.

Stuu

Yet you accuse Christ of sin
Did I? I didn't accuse Jesus of sin though. Two different people.

He who knew no sin became sin for us [and was executed] that we might become the righteousness of God. It is all about aspirations what you truly aspire to in your deepest heart....surely aspirations are spiritual things, whether good or evil.
Right. That's the story that I find particularly evil.

Stuart

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Same time as the Fagins were operating in London General Booth founded the Salvation Army.....

....how comes about all these things?

Stuu

Should try to make an effort to stay with the OP.

How about generational curses...

Exodus 20:5
Exodus 34:7
Numbers 14:18
Deuteronomy 5:9

Stuart

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I once knew a woman living in Winchester, whose view was that London isn't really part of England. Maybe she had Fagan in mind also!

Stuart

Winchester is the weird capital of the world :chuckle: I am not a Wykamist

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
See God is beyond your comprehension, there you are, His avowed enemy....yet you abide still in His kindness. You are fed, clothed and sheltered...you curse Him now, you will weep and howl when these things are taken away from you.

Fed, clothed and sheltered by your god? what planet do you live on?