ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

Danoh

They are not 'voices in my head.'!!! They are the constant staple of the shows and broadcasts and literature that there are all kinds of catastrophic events to happen around Israel that are going to be God's judgement. So, having set up that problem, they then procede to redefine 'saved' as escape from those problems. It completely obscures what core doctrinal chapters such as Rom 3 or Gal 3 or Heb 9 are saying about sin and justification and propitiation and atonement etc.

Additionally, they have reversed the sense of 'left behind' in Mt24B in which to be left is a bad thing, whereas anyone can see that being left in place in those passages was a good thing! It is incredulous what they imagine the Bible to be saying.

I'm sure you do believe that, but D'ism has mucked up so many other things and generated this whole 'industry' of end times events and scenarios, trying to get the Bible to have 2 peoples and 2 programs play out, saved 2 ways for 2 different reasons.

Its time you quit getting your misunderstandings "about" Dispensationalism from books and tv programs supposedly "about" it.

What is it with your kind that you simply cannot turn that garbage off and make better use of your time watching old tv westerns or something :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

STP, all Acts 2 Dispys are NOT like that.

Those clowns the fool is talking about are Acts 2 Dispy sensationalists - their version of the various Preterist sensationalists.

"One size fits all" is no better than another one.

I didn't say all Acts 2 were like that.
All that he mentioned, making outrageous claims, are Acts 2.

Interplanner

I know you don't. You shouldn't be ranting about dispensationalists without knowing the difference.

Your above statement is not a sentence, therefore I don't know what it is saying. I have known D'ism for 40 years. What is the difference you are talking about? Do you have a 2nd reader there who could help with clarity before you post?

SaulToPaul 2

Your above statement is not a sentence, therefore I don't know what it is saying. I have known D'ism for 40 years. What is the difference you are talking about? Do you have a 2nd reader there who could help with clarity before you post?

You should not be ranting about all dispensationalists, without knowing the difference between Acts 2 and Acts 9 dispensationalism. Your Acts 2 buddies are the ones writing sensational books.

Would it help if I wrote my reply in Koine Greek?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You should not be ranting about all dispensationalists, without knowing the difference between Acts 2 and Acts 9 dispensationalism. Your Acts 2 buddies are the ones writing sensational books.

Would it help if I wrote my reply in Koine Greek?

All Dispensationalists believe in Darby's secret rapture, followed by the Trib, then the second coming of Christ, then the millennial kingdom on earth that has Jesus sitting on a man made throne in the Middle East. Not to mention the demarcation line between Israel and "the church".

So, don't act you aren't like them just because they think they can predict these events, and you believe the church began in Acts 9 in lieu of Acts 2.

There are only minor differences between A2D and A9D. Both are Darby followers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Those clowns the fool is talking about are Acts 2 Dispy sensationalists - their version of the various Preterist sensationalists.

I have shown MADists on TOL who have made posts about 1948.

Angel4Truth is a MADist who claims 1948 was the beginning of God gathering His people to the Promised Land, and thus claims the "rapture" is near.

These "clowns" you refer to believe the exact same thing you do, except they think they can predict Darby's eschatology based on current events.

Other than that, they are exactly the same as you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thus, Preterism is clearly a false teaching, not only because none of the things mentioned in Matthew 24 happened but also because Paul clearly explains that it didn't happen and why.

Wrong.

Paul told his audience that he and they were living in the culmination of the ages.

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Paul said Satan would SOON be crushed:

(Rom 16:20) The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Moreover, Peter said "the end of all things is at hand", John was told not to seal his scroll because "the end is near", the writer of Hebrews referred to his days as "these last days", and James said "the coming of the Lord is at hand".

Not to mention Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13.

Then there's Luke 19:43-44, which proves everything you posted above wrong:

(Luke 19:43-44) The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No sure testimony, no weight of evidence, no credible eyewitness account....Zippo

The greatest display of God's glory and power and zippo

...talk about a secret rapture this is a secret coming again in great power and glory

God's Truth

Is the sheer weight of evidence, proof, eyewitness accounts which surround all the other gospel facts.

His birth, life, death, burial, resurrection, His being seen by many during 40 days and His ascension.

All these facts are solidly testified to

But His coming again is with a much greater display of power and glory and we have

ZIPPO

Zippo evidence for it ever happening, just one weak and crooked account by Josephus.

Preterism is impossible because our bodies still die, and the creation still mourns because everything in creation still dies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No sure testimony, no weight of evidence, no credible eyewitness account....Zippo

...talk about a secret rapture this is a secret coming again in great power and glory

Posters like TeT believe Christ returned in the form of the Roman army in the year 70AD. What a line of hooey that is.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The destruction took place.

It was the greatest tribulation to ever happen to a city.

We have an eyewitness account of what happened.

Somehow you have it in your head that a giant Jesus appears in the sky.

The Day of the Lord in the OT was always judgement.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

You can laugh all you want, the only difference between you and them is when "the church" allegedly began.

At least they all agree it took place in chp 2, whereas you guys can't even agree what chapter in Acts the alleged big event took place.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Preterism is impossible because our bodies still die, and the creation still mourns because everything in creation still dies.

Nothing dies in the kingdom of God.

You have been duped into believing the kingdom of God is going to be on planet earth.

When believers today physically die, they are instantly present with the Lord in the kingdom in a new glorified spiritual body. These believers with their new spiritual glorified bodies, aren't coming back to planet earth.