ECT WHAT Phil 2:6 means !!

DAN P

Hi to all and Phil reads , " Who Existing in ( the ) ESSENCE of God did not consider (it) Robbery to be on an Equality with God ."

Without a doubt Jesus is God .

#1 , The verb " BEING / or EXISTING /HYPARCHO " is in the Present Tense of always CONTINUING of being God .

#2 , The ACTIVE VOICE means that the subject ( Christ ) is producing the action of " BEING " in God !!

#3 , The Greek word " FORM /MORPHE SUBSTANCE " and also is used " FORM MORPHE " in Mark 16:12 , as see that Jesus did APPEAR in other FORMS to His disciple after His Resurrection and did have SUBSTANCE !!

DAN P

oatmeal

Hi to all and Phil reads , " Who Existing in ( the ) ESSENCE of God did not consider (it) Robbery to be on an Equality with God ."

Without a doubt Jesus is God .

#1 , The verb " BEING / or EXISTING /HYPARCHO " is in the Present Tense of always CONTINUING of being God .

#2 , The ACTIVE VOICE means that the subject ( Christ ) is producing the action of " BEING " in God !!

#3 , The Greek word " FORM /MORPHE SUBSTANCE " and also is used " FORM MORPHE " in Mark 16:12 , as see that Jesus did APPEAR in other FORMS to His disciple after His Resurrection and did have SUBSTANCE !!

DAN P

So then which is it?

is Jesus God?

or does he simply exist in the essence of God?

Or is he continuing to be in God?

or is he continuing to be God?

Is he God or is he in the form of God?

DAN P

So then which is it?

is Jesus God?

or does he simply exist in the essence of God?

Or is he continuing to be in God?

or is he continuing to be God?

Is he God or is he in the form of God?

Hi , and what DIFFERENCE will it make to you as , you do not believe Jesus is God !!

You are a PERFECT example in 2 Cor 4:4 and will never understand it , until you are saved !!

dan p

Mocking You

Philippians 2:6 NIV
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

Jesus is God.

oatmeal

Hi , and what DIFFERENCE will it make to you as , you do not believe Jesus is God !!

You are a PERFECT example in 2 Cor 4:4 and will never understand it , until you are saved !!

dan p

Jesus is the son of God, not God.

Of course, you cannot see the difference in the questions I asked you because you do not comprehend that scripture is actually meaningful and as accurate as the author of scripture.

With all your pomp about verb tenses, you still cannot understand simple English questions!

Answer my questions, oh wise one.

Tell us the answers.

Ephesians 1:1 "faithful in Christ", does that equal "is Christ"?

DAN P

Of course, you cannot see the difference in the questions I asked you because you do not comprehend that scripture is actually meaningful and as accurate as the author of scripture.

With all your pomp about verb tenses, you still cannot understand simple English questions!

Tell us the answers.

Hi . and if not God , WHY did Jesus have to " EMPTY " Himself of any thing ?? verse 7 !!:bang::bang:

dan p

DAN P

Tell us the answers.

Hi , and it reads :

#1 , WHICH ARE /ON is in the Greek Present Tense , which means OSAS !!

#2 , We ARE FAITHFUL " IN/EN , CHRIST /CHRISTOS , IESOUS /JESUS !!

#3 , Which means we are ALWAYS " in Christ " , so who are you IN ??

Can you answer WHO ARE YOU IN ??

DAN P

andyc

I agree, but then "Jesus" is a human name given to a man. The humanity of the Son had a beginning in Bethlehem 2000 years ago. To say that the man is God, would be a contradiction of terms.
It would require zero faith to embrace Jesus as a man when he was standing among them, but to embrace him as the Son of God, meant that there was a spiritual significance that only faith could see.

Do you believe that Jesus had a pre-human existence?
If yes, who was he?
What was he?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Seems clear the verse teaches...being in the form of God and, therefore, not considering His being on an equality with God a prize or booty but an inalienable possession, He made himself of no reputation.

The emphasis falls upon the fact that equality is something in rightful possession, not something to be possessed. Christ, being equal to God was not an equality He needed to access by robbery or attainment, that is, His equality was not something He considered He had gained or was to gain.

AMR

oatmeal

Philippians 2:6 NIV
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

Jesus is God.

So, what is heavier, a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers?

So, A hundred dollar bill is equal to a hundred dollars worth of corn?

So, a picture is worth a thousand words?

Are they equal? Yes.

Are they identical? No.

So, being in the nature of God is equal to being God?

God is holy, when you are holy as God instructs you to be are you equal with God?

When you holy, are you God? or are you being in the very nature of God?

oatmeal

Hi . and if not God , WHY did Jesus have to " EMPTY " Himself of any thing ?? verse 7 !!:bang::bang:

dan p

Could you empty yourself of an overinflated or self inflated sense of ego?

Yes, you could. A lot of people could.

Does your knowledge of Greek tenses give you great satisfaction? It seems to.

What if you were missing the forest for the trees?

If you emptied yourself of pride and choose humble obedience to God, would God exalt you? Yes, He would, to the degree and proportion you humbled yourself.

Did Jesus Christ have a potential source of pride? Yes, he did, he is the only begotten son of God, of whom the prophets wrote about for generations. He could have let pride rule his heart, but he emptied himself of all things that stood in the way or even might slightly taint his love and service to his God and to his Father.

God's love and light shone from Jesus walk and talk.

He emptied himself and took on the form of a servant, yet he was the greatest leader the world had ever seen or will see.

oatmeal

Oatmeal, there is; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit YET,
these three are ONE!

Jesus is "God the Son"?

Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"?

While you are at it, why don't you find out how many places scripture refers to Jesus Christ as the son of God?

The final score:

Son of God .... about 50 times

God the son zero.

Son of God wins.

You should call Jesus Christ what scriptures call Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the son of God.

oatmeal

Hi , and it reads :

#1 , WHICH ARE /ON is in the Greek Present Tense , which means OSAS !!

#2 , We ARE FAITHFUL " IN/EN , CHRIST /CHRISTOS , IESOUS /JESUS !!

#3 , Which means we are ALWAYS " in Christ " , so who are you IN ??

Can you answer WHO ARE YOU IN ??

DAN P

Christ, yes.

Spiritually, I am in the body of Christ as a particular member.

Fellowshipwise, my state in Christ may vary. I John 1:3

Last edited:

oatmeal

I agree, but then "Jesus" is a human name given to a man. The humanity of the Son had a beginning in Bethlehem 2000 years ago. To say that the man is God, would be a contradiction of terms.
It would require zero faith to embrace Jesus as a man when he was standing among them, but to embrace him as the Son of God, meant that there was a spiritual significance that only faith could see.

Do you believe that Jesus had a pre-human existence?
If yes, who was he?
What was he?

Good points and good questions

Yes, Jesus is the name Joshua, a name.

Does scripture tell me where the first language originated from? Not explicitly nor specifically.

Did God have to teach Adam and Eve language? and words and tenses and sentence structure? What language did Adam and Eve speak? Was it Hebrew or an earlier form of it?

If Adam and Eve have no language at the first, then how did God communicate with them?

But they did have a language for they did communicate.

Genesis 2:16-17,23

They had a language, but did it originate with God or with Adam and Eve?

The humanity of Jesus Christ was all there ever was and will be, yet we learn of him and his life what incredible greatness "a mere man" is capable of when God's word is believed

Scriptur makes it clear that he is the son of God, not God himself. When God made you a son, I John 3:2, did you become less human or more human or did you stay the same? You became more human, you were no longer just body and soul, I Corinthians 2:14, God gave to you of His spirit. I Thessalonians 5:23, I John 4:13, I Peter 1:23 You are now complete in him. Colossians 2:9-10

Yes, to say a human is God himself is a contradiction of terms.

For God is the creator, man is but a tiny part of God's creation, yet the the reason for the rest of it.

If Jesus Christ chose to not love and serve and honor his Father and mother, he most certainly would have been of no meaning or consequence. However, in loving and humble obedience to his God and his Father, first off according to what scripture wrote for him to do, and secondly by what God told him to do by revelation, he stood out from the crowd, by signs, miracles and wonders which God did by him in the midst of the people. Acts 2:22

It was clear to anyone who spent any time with him that indeed this man was one remarkable fellow. For those who choose to serve God, he is the son of God, to those who choose religion, he was either part of a trinity or someone to ignore or even despise and want dead.

The beginning, genesis of Jesus is written of in Matthew 1:18

He did not preexist, except in the foreknowledge of God, I Peter 1:20 ASV

oatmeal

Seems clear the verse teaches...being in the form of God and, therefore, not considering His being on an equality with God a prize or booty but an inalienable possession, He made himself of no reputation.

The emphasis falls upon the fact that equality is something in rightful possession, not something to be possessed. Christ, being equal to God was not an equality He needed to access by robbery or attainment, that is, His equality was not something He considered He had gained or was to gain.

AMR

In that culture and maybe in ours to some extent being a son to a father gave the son some equality in that family. At the very least, the surname would be the same.

There are times when the son is employed by the father who owns a business that son could be and is resented by other employees not of the the family. The son is perceived to have unearned privileges simply because his father owns the business. The son may try to pull rank or make decisions he is not best qualified to make.

Jesus Christ certainly could have exalted himself but he did not, he emptied himself of those foolish aspirations of self pride, arrogance, ego...

His Father had a business which the son loving served in.

Luke 2:49

What was the business? Man's redemption and salvation. Yet, he worked within the frame work of the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 15:24 From the perspective of this age of grace, summed up, I Timothy 2:4

DAN P

Could you empty yourself of an overinflated or self inflated sense of ego?

Yes, you could. A lot of people could.

Does your knowledge of Greek tenses give you great satisfaction? It seems to.

What if you were missing the forest for the trees?

If you emptied yourself of pride and choose humble obedience to God, would God exalt you? Yes, He would, to the degree and proportion you humbled yourself.

Did Jesus Christ have a potential source of pride? Yes, he did, he is the only begotten son of God, of whom the prophets wrote about for generations. He could have let pride rule his heart, but he emptied himself of all things that stood in the way or even might slightly taint his love and service to his God and to his Father.

God's love and light shone from Jesus walk and talk.

He emptied himself and took on the form of a servant, yet he was the greatest leader the world had ever seen or will see.

Hi and you could also learn what the veeb tenses are and is easy !!

For they describe that action in any verse !!

Tell me what He Emptied Himself of ??

dan p

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who, being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God... (Philippians 2:6 KJV)​

The preincarnate Christ was God in his form and quality of life. At that time he was not a human having never been born of woman and he was not an angel having never been created.

Was he the Most High? No, but Christ and God shared the same quality of life and they decided there should be others like them to share the life and love they had for each other.

But how to accomplish that? It had already been demonstrated by rebellious angels that godly character cannot be created by fiat. Godly character cannot be spoken into existence, it was obvious to them that it must be developed over time, and tried and tested.

So they created humans in their form and likeness but mortal in that their life is in the blood, it was not innate. At an appropriate time they would offer each human the opportunity to enter their kingdom.

Their humans were created with the ability to reproduce themselves by natural means. The spiritual reproduction parallels physical reproduction in that a person is begotten and must develop sufficiently to be born of woman. In like manner, to become spirit a person must be begotten of the Spirit and develop sufficiently to be born of the Spirit.

It had already been demonstrated that angels could sin, so provision had to be made for humans to sin and yet be redeemed from the penalty of sin, which is death.

The penalty of death for sin had to be paid. Christ, though he was in the form of God, agreed to become human to redeem humans from eternal death. He could do this because God had created all things through him. As Creator the value of his life was infinite.