ECT WHAT Phil 2:6 means !!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the son of God, not God...

Jn 1:1-3

As a reminder oatmeal is number 16 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God [Phil. 2:6].

"This is, I confess, a rather stilted translation. When Christ was at the right hand of God the Father, He wasn’t hanging on to His position. There was no danger of His losing His place in the Godhead because of any lack on His part or because of the ability and ambition of a contender. He hadn’t gone to school to learn to become God; He had not advanced from another position. He was God. It wasn’t as if the Lord Jesus had to say to God the Father, “Now You be sure to keep My position for Me while I’m gone for thirty–three years. Keep a sharp eye out for Gabriel—I think he would like to have My place.” I am not being irreverent; I am trying to show you that this was not something that He had to hold on to. The position belonged to Him. He was God.

Nor did He leave heaven reluctantly. At no time did He say, “Oh, I just hate to leave heaven. I don’t want to go down on that trip.” He came joyfully. “… for the joy that was set before him …” (Heb. 12:2, italics mine) He endured the cross. He said, “… Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God” (Heb. 10:7). He came to this earth with joy. He was not releasing something that He wanted to hold on to when He came to this earth." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (Philippians/Colossians) (electronic ed., Vol. 48, p. 44). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

john w

Hall of Fame
Someone has to school you.

Clearly, you do not yet believe God is the author of scripture, if you did, you would have no problem with Galatians 1:3

Before you can really learn any of scripture, the first thing you should apprehend, then comprehend is that God is the sole author of all His words.

Yes, I do. The Lord Jesus Christ is the author of scripture-God.

Sober up, or understand your own "argument."

Clearly, you are a deceiver, as only deceivers feel it is necessary to qualify their statement with "Clearly,"i.e., that is akin to "Obviously...Honestly....Frankly." And "clearly," you're either a drunk/junkie, or a moron/fool/stupid, not understanding your own "argumemt."

Which is it?

And I told you to be seated. Obey, dog.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, you should and you should memorize that and meditate on it till you start believing it, then God's word will start to make much more sense to you

Wow! You stun us with your cliches. Please teach us a few more gems...Please?

Good one, again!!! A lost/blind one, per 2 Cor. 4:4 KV, such as yourself, advising a member of the body of Christ, the great aint John W, re. "believe...make sense." That's a contradiction in terms, Christ rejector.

john w

Hall of Fame
As usual, you confuse God the Father with His son and call them them parts of the same being.

Sorry, God is God, Jesus Christ is His son, a man. I Timothy 2:5

Please pay attention to what is written, you will learn so much more

The Lord Jesus Christ is the author of scripture.

See how that works?

Show us where God the Father calls himself "God the Father"-you're "argument."

I thought so.

Not a peep.

john w

Hall of Fame
Someone has to school you.

Clearly, you do not yet believe God is the author of scripture, if you did, you would have no problem with Galatians 1:3

Before you can really learn any of scripture, the first thing you should apprehend, then comprehend is that God is the sole author of all His words.

Did our hero answer his own "argument?"

No.

"Jesus is "God the Son"?

"Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls him "God the son"-oatmush

Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls himself "God the Father?"Others do, but He does not.

Sit, again.

"If you believe that God is the author of scripture than that is easy."-oatmush

Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ is the author of scripture.

oatmeal

Jn 1:1-3

As a reminder oatmeal is number 16 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God [Phil. 2:6].

"This is, I confess, a rather stilted translation. When Christ was at the right hand of God the Father, He wasn’t hanging on to His position. There was no danger of His losing His place in the Godhead because of any lack on His part or because of the ability and ambition of a contender. He hadn’t gone to school to learn to become God; He had not advanced from another position. He was God. It wasn’t as if the Lord Jesus had to say to God the Father, “Now You be sure to keep My position for Me while I’m gone for thirty–three years. Keep a sharp eye out for Gabriel—I think he would like to have My place.” I am not being irreverent; I am trying to show you that this was not something that He had to hold on to. The position belonged to Him. He was God.

Nor did He leave heaven reluctantly. At no time did He say, “Oh, I just hate to leave heaven. I don’t want to go down on that trip.” He came joyfully. “… for the joy that was set before him …” (Heb. 12:2, italics mine) He endured the cross. He said, “… Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God” (Heb. 10:7). He came to this earth with joy. He was not releasing something that He wanted to hold on to when He came to this earth." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (Philippians/Colossians) (electronic ed., Vol. 48, p. 44). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Although a goal of mine is a balanced approach to subjects I choose to participate in, I would be very blessed to be # 1 in that category.

It is high time that Christians realize that the trinity is 100 % unscriptural.

He came to do God's will not his own.

That was the choice he made.

He emptied himself of his own will so that God's will became 100% of what he did.

That is what we should be doing, emptying ourselves of our own wills, and choosing to do what God wants us to do 100 % of the time.

Philippians 2:5

oatmeal

Yes, I do. The Lord Jesus Christ is the author of scripture-God.

Sober up, or understand your own "argument."

Clearly, you are a deceiver, as only deceivers feel it is necessary to qualify their statement with "Clearly,"i.e., that is akin to "Obviously...Honestly....Frankly." And "clearly," you're either a drunk/junkie, or a moron/fool/stupid, not understanding your own "argumemt."

Which is it?

And I told you to be seated. Obey, dog.

If Jesus is the author of scripture, you should tell that to all the red letter edition publishers of Bibles.

Your insults are not working.

You are showing your lack of scriptural knowledge.

You are demonstrating your lack of belief in scripture.

God's grace is sufficient for me. You are a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan sent to buffet me.

But as God told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you"

There fore I gladly continue to do what I can to teach the rightly divided gospel, for when I am weak, I am strong.

I joy for greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world.

God's Truth

Jesus is the image of God, but not God.

We learn who God is and what it right and what is wrong from

1. the logos, scripture, the written word which the five sense can learn

2. the logos, Jesus Christ the son of God, the word in the flesh

God is the Holy One.

Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 3:14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.

keypurr

Hi to all and Phil reads , " Who Existing in ( the ) ESSENCE of God did not consider (it) Robbery to be on an Equality with God ."

Without a doubt Jesus is God .

#1 , The verb " BEING / or EXISTING /HYPARCHO " is in the Present Tense of always CONTINUING of being God .

#2 , The ACTIVE VOICE means that the subject ( Christ ) is producing the action of " BEING " in God !!

#3 , The Greek word " FORM /MORPHE SUBSTANCE " and also is used " FORM MORPHE " in Mark 16:12 , as see that Jesus did APPEAR in other FORMS to His disciple after His Resurrection and did have SUBSTANCE !!

DAN P

(ESV) who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,

(NAS77) who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

(NASB) who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

(NET.) who though he existed in the form of God
did not regard equality with God
as something to be grasped,

I believe these translations.

Christ is an image, that makes him a creation. He is not equal to his creator.

keypurr

Hi . and if not God , WHY did Jesus have to " EMPTY " Himself of any thing ?? verse 7 !!:bang::bang:

dan p

Christ, not Jesus, was a spiritual son, he needed to leave his position in heaven which was second only to God, to become a man to die for us.

God's Truth

Christ, not Jesus, was a spiritual son, he needed to leave his position in heaven which was second only to God, to become a man to die for us.

You make Jesus and Christ two separate Sons. There are not two Sons.

Jesus is the Christ.

1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

God's Truth

So, the Lord Jesus Christ is the New Jerusalem?

I see...

LA the Great, judge of all mankind, and mother of bizarre theories.

Well, Jesus is the New Jerusalem, and we are part of the city.

However, that does not mean we should call Jesus our Mother.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Paul was speaking about Sarah and Hagar, and the two sons of Abraham.

Paul was speaking figuratively saying the women represented two covenants.

Hagar was a slave and represents Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem.

Sarah was a free woman and her son was born as a result of a promise. She represents the New Jerusalem from above. We are born from above when we have faith and obedience to Jesus. Jesus lives in our heart and we are born again...born from above. Jesus puts us in him and he puts us in God. We are in the Spiritual realm, and seated with Christ. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves.

Revelation 3:12
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

1 Peter 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

Revelation 3:12
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

(Revelation 3:12 shows that Jesus is the New Jerusalem, and we are parts of New Jerusalem, just as we are parts of the body of Christ; and that the New Jerusalem is a temple of God...that Jesus is the temple of God.)

john w

Hall of Fame
If Jesus is the author of scripture, you should tell that to all the red letter edition publishers of Bibles.

Your insults are not working.

You are showing your lack of scriptural knowledge.

You are demonstrating your lack of belief in scripture.

God's grace is sufficient for me. You are a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan sent to buffet me.

But as God told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you"

There fore I gladly continue to do what I can to teach the rightly divided gospel, for when I am weak, I am strong.

I joy for greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world.

Why don't you show me from scripture where God calls himself "God the Father?"Others do, but He does not.

Sit, dog. sit..

Not a peep from the Christ rejector.

john w

Hall of Fame
If Jesus is the author of scripture, you should tell that to all the red letter edition publishers of Bibles. ...You are showing your lack of scriptural knowledge.

The droid does not even know that the "red letter" words the Lord Jesus Christ spoke were God the Father's words, and he is going to challenge me on "showing your lack of scriptural knowledge?" And he is clueless as to the difference between "author," and what He spoke.

Sit, clown.

oatmeal

Sit, dog. sit..

Not a peep from the Christ rejector.

When you believe that God is the sole author of scripture, then you will see.

oatmeal

The droid does not even know that the "red letter" words the Lord Jesus Christ spoke were God the Father's words, and he is going to challenge me on "showing your lack of scriptural knowledge?" And he is clueless as to the difference between "author," and what He spoke.

Sit, clown.

Jesus' words originated with his God and his Father.

He spoke what God told him to speak

When you realize that God is the sole author of scripture, then scripture will start making sense to you.