What's been keeping me busy

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For about 5 years in the 90's I was pursuing a career in stand up comedy. I enjoyed enough success to know it was something I could do. I got hired to do weeks in a couple different professional comedy clubs, but never managed to make the jump to full time. !7 years ago realizing I was not living a very health lifestyle I walked away from show biz and never did another show...
...until this year.
An old friend that I used to work with contacted me on facebook and said "hey I have a show in the town where you live do you want to open for me?" I went out and found an open mike night to attend, to help me shake the dust off, and have been preforming at least once or twice a week ever since. My focus now is on Christian comedy and my goal is to get to the place in the next 5 years that retire at 62 and make the balance of my income doing comedy and selling Herbalife.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can actually see you in that field of entertainment, Delmar.

I hope it works out for you ... good luck! :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My current project is my first try at promoting a show. I put together a benefit comedy show with myself and the staff of the Downtown Comedy Connection. The funds raised will go to help the people ADEC (the agency I work for} serves keep their wheelchairs, walkers and other adaptive equipment in good repair.

11536405_10206955538032582_8447261248917912561_o.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That sounds exciting!

Someone needs to video your performance and put it on youtube for us to watch.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of the first comedy acts I remember about the bible was this one by Bill Cosby on Noah.

Noah

shagster01

That's awesome.

I've recently found success in music, making enough money that I'm close to being able to quit my job and do it full time.

It's fun to make money doing something that you love!

PureX

For about 5 years in the 90's I was pursuing a career in stand up comedy. I enjoyed enough success to know it was something I could do. I got hired to do weeks in a couple different professional comedy clubs, but never managed to make the jump to full time. !7 years ago realizing I was not living a very health lifestyle I walked away from show biz and never did another show...
...until this year.
An old friend that I used to work with contacted me on facebook and said "hey I have a show in the town where you live do you want to open for me?" I went out and found an open mike night to attend, to help me shake the dust off, and have been preforming at least once or twice a week ever since. My focus now is on Christian comedy and my goal is to get to the place in the next 5 years that retire at 62 and make the balance of my income doing comedy and selling Herbalife.
I think that's fantastic! I believe it's very important that we follow those creative inclinations within us to the extent that we are able, for the betterment of both ourselves and those around us.

I wish you all the best in this endeavor!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...until this year.
:thumb:

I bet you get tons of great material on here. :chuckle:

:noid:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
...until this year.

Multi level marketing is fanstinating! Does herbalife have MLM?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have to say I was not expecting to see what Delmar wrote.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's awesome.

I've recently found success in music, making enough money that I'm close to being able to quit my job and do it full time.

It's fun to make money doing something that you love!

:up:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have to say I was not expecting to see what Delmar wrote.

I frankly never expected to get back on stage but, when the invitation came, the opportunity to catch up with an old friend felt good. The rest is just sort of falling into place. I do love writing and preforming.

elohiym

Is there a connection between this and your inquiry about hypnotism?

Some people use hypnosis to deal with stage-fright, and I've seen comedic stage hypnotists, so I wondered.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there a connection between this and your inquiry about hypnotism?

Some people use hypnosis to deal with stage-fright, and I've seen comedic stage hypnotists, so I wondered.

A little. Stage hypnosis was talked about in passing at the convention I attended. Also I did a show with a hypnotist many years ago.