Where are the "OMG! That's torture" folks NOW?

republicanchick

Well, for one thing, it seems almost an inadequate word for what ISIS does. Yes, they torture, but that's almost the least of it. They also behead, burn, generally murder, and oppress.

there is no adequate word

but Terrorists works 4 now

I know of a lot of words we could call them, but... well, you know how it goes..

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yeh, all this talk about the "torture" of waterboarding (which, strangely, people seem to actually SURVIVE) at Gitmo... :shocked:

but Oh, those POOR things... they shouldn't be TORTURED like that.
Right. No one should be tortured.

I know a little about waterboarding. I don't know as much, however, as someone who has been waterboarded (which, by the way: what lib commentator has been waterboarded either?

I could say "I rest my case" right there... )
Oh, I don't think you could. At least there's no real evidence of that ability.

so anyway... while I don't know what it's like to be waterboarded, I do know that the procedure doesn't KILL anyone
Someone could pull out all of your fingernails and toenails without killing you. Is that torture?

so where are all those GitmoDetaineeLoversWhoJustHATeTorture now?
You don't have to be a Gitmo Detainee Lover to hate torture, only someone unwilling to trade their essential humanity for routinely unreliable information.

I don't hear them crying about how the Neanderthals torture people... (burning people alive, crucifixions..)
I think you need to understand the difference between people voicing outrage over what is done in their name with the sort or response you get otherwise. That noted, it's hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't be outraged by torture in any form and by any hand.

Oh wait... maybe I don't hear about the libs complaining because...

OOPS!

I don't watch their stupid shows.. so.. Emily Latella Moment.. Never mind..
And yet you don't seem blissful at all. :idunno: Go figure.

(hey... you gotta give me a break here

no one else does either... )
So more a give as I say then. :plain:

republicanchick

Right. No one should be tortured.

Oh, I don't think you could. At least there's no real evidence of that ability.

Someone could pull out all of your fingernails and toenails without killing you. Is that torture?

You don't have to be a Gitmo Detainee Lover to hate torture, only someone unwilling to trade their essential humanity for routinely unreliable information.

I think you need to understand the difference between people voicing outrage over what is done in their name with the sort or response you get otherwise. That noted, it's hard to imagine anyone who wouldn't be outraged by torture in any form and by any hand.

And yet you don't seem blissful at all. :idunno: Go figure.

So more a give as I say then. :plain:

I would answer if I understood this post

But I will answer to what I did glean from it: I don't consider waterboarding torture. I DO consider what Islamic Barbarian Neanderthal State does torture

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I would answer if I understood this post
I believe you. And it's part of the reason I'm not particularly put off by you.

But I will answer to what I did glean from it: I don't consider waterboarding torture.
You said as much. Then you said no one would die from it (which isn't always the case) which suggested that as a point in considering what torture is. So I asked how you felt about having your fingernails pulled out, since that won't kill you either.

I DO consider what Islamic Barbarian Neanderthal State does torture
And it is. So you're at least partially right.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't read posts written by people who are "put off by" me

If I ever do something that is objectively speaking WRONG... then I will considering reading them, but I haven't done anything wrong so to heck with you
I said I WASN'T particularly put off...maybe your problem is that you don't read with attention.

shagster01

Most of my relatives would be quite ready to see one of those moral retards come to their door... they have lots of guns.. probably can't WAIT for 'em, actually

So your family's strategy is to wait for them to come here? Yeah, that's better than air strikes....