Where are the "OMG! That's torture" folks NOW?

republicanchick

So your family's strategy is to wait for them to come here? Yeah, that's better than air strikes....

a lot of Americans would volunteer to go annihilate those morons

maybe they should.. Maybe Congress.. hey, thanks for the reminder..

Congress should do what the pres won't

shagster01

a lot of Americans would volunteer to go annihilate those morons

maybe they should.. Maybe Congress.. hey, thanks for the reminder..

Congress should do what the pres won't

There are more press risking their lives in the middle east than congressmen.

But I would fully support congressmen going over there to fight.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
in this case, they are [Islamic jihadists]

+
Just so you realize that from their point of view, we are a frightening empire bent on total eradication of them.

It's no accident that America is often referred to as "the Great Satan."
We like to think only ourselves have "good intentions" and are being forced by the terrorists to bomb civilians or pose triumphantly with body parts, or make videos of urinating on the dead bodies of our opponents.

And if you think such horrific behavior is only confined to one side of the conflict is an immature, ignorant and ridiculous idea.

republicanchick

Just so you realize that from their point of view, we are a frightening empire bent on total eradication of them.

It's no accident that America is often referred to as "the Great Satan."
We like to think only ourselves have "good intentions" and are being forced by the terrorists to bomb civilians or pose triumphantly with body parts, or make videos of urinating on the dead bodies of our opponents.

And if you think such horrific behavior is only confined to one side of the conflict is an immature, ignorant and ridiculous idea.

get outa here already

you live in a lib la la land. Whatcha gonna do when the jihadists come for you?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Those who have studied the history of torture know that we executed Japanese soldiers who waterboarded American troops.

No, that’s a lie

We executed Japanese leaders who ordered the brutal and often fatal treatment of allied personnel by barbaric means, the least of which was a form of waterboarding much harsher than that used at gitmo

you've been confronted on this before

here

and

here

republicanchick

No, that’s a lie

We executed Japanese leaders who ordered the brutal and often fatal treatment of allied personnel by barbaric means, the least of which was a form of waterboarding much harsher than that used at gitmo

]

and

"]here[/URL]

libs are not known to let a pesky little thing like the truth get in the way of their agenda

++

shagster01

No, that’s a lie

here

and

here

So you are saying George W Bush should be executed?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
No, that’s a lie

here

and

here
I prefer learning about legitimate historical standards for the specific history of torture and which kinds have been used through history.

If you can show me facts, evidence and data that support your views instead of opinion and personal interpretation, please let me know. It is an important revelation from you and I need to know real events and history that challenges me.

How, specifically was waterboarding totally different between the Japanese and the Muslim haters and fearers on our side?

Are you aware that torture was decried and protested against within the Bush/Cheney government and legal staff.
The Attorney General tried to intervene and put his job on the line when Bush sent Alberto Gonzales to ailing John Ashcroft's hospital bedside to sign off on a torture order. He was willing to resign over the issue and many other lawyers on the White House payroll were committed to do the same.

Luckily, Bush backed down.

But it's not only Democrats or Liberals who are against torture.
John McCain, Colin Powell and Bush's lawyers also stand against America stooping to the level of the terrorists--at least in a general sense.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
get outa here already

you live in a lib la la land.
I actually live in America, a country where a free press was supported by our Founding Fathers. Neither the corporate or liberal or conservative media is free. This nation I live in SUPPORTS a diversity of facts and evidence that we can all draw from to enlarge the pool of meaning and discussion.

Which country do YOU live in? he asked sarcastically.

Whatcha gonna do when the jihadists come for you?

They're not. I have faith in my Lord and the innate sense of decency and cooperation that are built into the strands of our human DNA.

I stand against violence wherever and from whom it makes its way known to our global interconnected existence.

Thanks to my faith, I have committed myself to Jesus and nonviolence for near 40 years now. I know from personal experience and history that it works.

I also have faith in our spy system, even though I am fair enough to admit it goes too far and needs to focus on the real criminals instead of our own citizens who support a government responsible to the people.

I prefer learning about legitimate historical standards for the specific history of torture and which kinds have been used through history.

If you can show me facts, evidence and data that support your views instead of opinion and personal interpretation, please let me know. It is an important revelation from you and I need to know real events and history that challenges me.

How, specifically was waterboarding totally different between the Japanese and the Muslim haters and fearers on our side?

Are you aware that torture was decried and protested against within the Bush/Cheney government and legal staff?

The Attorney General tried to intervene and put his job on the line when Bush sent Alberto Gonzales to ailing John Ashcroft's hospital bedside to sign off on a torture order. He was willing to resign over the issue and many other lawyers on the White House payroll were committed to do the same.

John McCain, Colin Powell and Bush's lawyers also stand against America stooping to the level of the terrorists--at least in a general sense.

Zeke

I actually live in America, a country where a free press was supported by our Founding Fathers. Neither the corporate or liberal or conservative media is free. This nation I live in SUPPORTS a diversity of facts and evidence that we can all draw from to enlarge the pool of meaning and discussion.

Which country do YOU live in? he asked sarcastically.

They're not. I have faith in my Lord and the innate sense of decency and cooperation that are built into the strands of our human DNA.

I stand against violence wherever and from whom it makes its way known to our global interconnected existence.

Thanks to my faith, I have committed myself to Jesus and nonviolence for near 40 years now. I know from personal experience and history that it works.

I also have faith in our spy system, even though I am fair enough to admit it goes too far and needs to focus on the real criminals instead of our own citizens who support a government responsible to the people.

Are you aware that torture was decried and protested against within the Bush/Cheney government and legal staff?

What they proclaim for public consumption is most likely theatrics, a stream that as been flowing through the political machine for decades.

The information war for the minds of the public is a game they know very well, a emotional tug here, one there, some Military boot strap propaganda, the good ole days of the religious wars to rationalize the Banker and Elitist induced conflicts to rape the Earth of her last tid bits of natural resources they claim for them selves and all's well again with the upset public who are caught in the web of dependence on the system, which very few have the moral fortitude to cut off all ties (that are possible) with Babylon, much less the legal name fraud 99% participated in everyday.

God doesn't seem to even grasp it, seeing his followers are certainly blind to it.

Christian Liberty

this is why we need a Catholic president: someone who doesn't take human life so lightly... as you people do

Res is a nutcase, but Bush has 100,000+ deaths on his hands. I believe Genesis 9:6 would say that his execution is justified.

I don't support any of these wars that leave hundreds of thousands dead. I do support executing murderers