• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Where does the Bible teach that the earth is billions of years old?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Darwinism is not proven science. It's a theory based on a false premise.

Darwinism--what Darwin cheerleaders call "the theory of evolution"--is not a theory at all. Rather, it's sheer nonsense; it is not cognitively meaningful. Not only is Darwinism not true, but Darwinism does not even rise to the level of being false. Anything that is neither true nor false is something that is not a theory.

RobertBoyce

In other words, you agree with what I wrote in the OP, viz., that the Bible nowhere teaches that the earth is billions of years old

I do not believe there are any "dates" in the bible

the Bible nowhere teaches that the earth is not less than about 10,000 years old. Now, feel free to put this on your eye:

While our ancestors have been around for about six million years, the modern form of humans only evolved about 200,000 years ago.
https://tinyurl.com/y3ybnj2d

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:AMR:

Fortunately, we don't have to rely on what you believe. The Bible teaches "six days" of creation and rules out billions of years.

While our ancestors have been around for about six million years, the modern form of humans only evolved about 200,000 years ago.

:darwinsm:

7djengo7

Here (again) is the question that is the title of this thread that I started:

Where does the Bible teach that the earth is billions of years old?

<NO ANSWER>

You have no answer to that question because, as you and I both know, the Bible does not teach that the earth is billions of years old, see. Which means that (as you've already demonstrated) you've nothing relevant to say in this particular thread.

7djengo7

RIght here:

Want to see it again???

You mean, here, by way of an attempt at humor, to express your agreement with those of us who believe the Bible, that the Bible does not teach that the earth is billions of years old, right?? Am I reading you aright?

I'm puzzled, because here:

It's a proper response for an utterly ridiculous question.

you seem to be referring to the question that is the title of this thread as "an utterly ridiculous question", and it's not clear to me why you'd call it that.

If you're calling the question, "Where does the Bible teach that the earth is billions of years old?", "an utterly ridiculous question", then why are you doing so? What motivates you to it?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You mean, here, by way of an attempt at humor, to express your agreement with those of us who believe the Bible, that the Bible does not teach that the earth is billions of years old, right?? Am I reading you aright?

that's the way I read it :idunno:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Do you deny that there are events in the Bible that we know happened at certain dates in history?

While our ancestors have been around for about six million years, the modern form of humans only evolved about 200,000 years ago.https://tinyurl.com/y3ybnj2d

:yawn: The thread is about what the Bible says, not what some darwinist says.

Bob Carabbio

That about covers it -

you seem to be referring to the question that is the title of this thread as "an utterly ridiculous question", and it's not clear to me why you'd call it that.

If you're calling the question, "Where does the Bible teach that the earth is billions of years old?", "an utterly ridiculous question", then why are you doing so? What motivates you to it?

The Bible doesn't "teach anything about the actual chronology of creation, and everybody knows it. SO the question: "What does the Bible teach about something it doesn't teach about" is ridiculous.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible doesn't "teach anything about the actual chronology of creation.

It says in black and white what happened on "the first day" through "the seventh day."

If that's not a chronology, I don't know what it. :chuckle:

Everybody knows it.

Oh yeah? :D

The question: "What does the Bible teach about something it doesn't teach about" is ridiculous.
The question is perfectly valid when directed toward those who assert that Darwinism is compatible with the Bible.