• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Where does the Bible teach that the earth is billions of years old?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
7 thousand. Not 6.

Duh.

Well, no, what you're doing here is called begging the question.

Assuming the truth of your position without supporting the claim won't work here, Jonah. You know this.

What evidence do you have that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob could/did not create the world in 6 literal, 24 hour days?

Oh, 7000, big difference. And you are well aware of the evidence, it has been presented time and time again here. Repeating it is not worth the effort. You are simply incorrect in your understanding of the real world. Nothing I can do about it at this point.

Right Divider

Body part
Oh, 7000, big difference. And you are well aware of the evidence, it has been presented time and time again here. Repeating it is not worth the effort. You are simply incorrect in your understanding of the real world. Nothing I can do about it at this point.

Begging the question.... AGAIN!!!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh, 7000, big difference.

It is a big difference.

It's the difference between arguing against a straw man or our actual position.

Or would you rather just straw man us?

And you are well aware of the evidence,

There is plenty of evidence. None of it supports millions, let alone billions, of years.

it has been presented time and time again here.

Not by you, it hasn't. And certainly not on this thread.

Repeating it is not worth the effort.

Truth is worth repeating.

Just don't make it an argument from repetition.

You are simply incorrect in your understanding of the real world.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Nothing I can do about it at this point.

So, in other words, you're here just to take potshots at those who are actively participating in threads like this one?

Tell me why I shouldn't ban you for being a troll.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
This thread is making me dizzy. Why can't we just reconcile the Bible with science, without sacrificing scientific analysis and Biblical inerrancy. This is not new; it's done all the time.

Did you not read the title of this thread, nor the OP? Go ahead, try to just reconcile the Bible with the nonsense and falsehood you call "science", viz. Darwinism. What are you waiting for? The title of this thread (which you obviously neglected to read) is a question: Where does the Bible teach that the earth is billions of years old? Go ahead and say where it is you imagine the Bible teaches that the earth is billions of years old.

Just swap out your pronoun, 'we', with the pronoun, 'I', in what you wrote above (and, of course, swap out 'science' with 'Darwinism', and swap out your period with a question mark):

"Why can't [I, Saved.One.by.Grace] just reconcile the Bible with [Darwinism]?"

So, what's stopping you from performing this reconciliation you're whining about?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
This thread is making me dizzy. Why can't we just reconcile the Bible with science, without sacrificing scientific analysis and Biblical inerrancy. This is not new; it's done all the time.
You cannot rationally reconcile 6000 years with 4 billion + years. You cannot rationalize special creation in 6 days with the real world.

I'm happy to be able to give Jonahdog a bit of credit, here, as I give chair a bit of credit, earlier in this thread. Both Jonahdog and chair refuse to go along with the amazingly pathetic charade carried on by some of their fellow Darwin cheerleaders--the "Christian" Darwinists--wherein these latter go about pretending to believe the obvious falsehood that Genesis jives with/supports Darwinism.

See, Jonahdog and chair know that to reconcile the Bible with Darwinism would be to reconcile a period of less than 10,000 years with a period of billions of years, and so, they're at least not dumb enough to go about claiming that the Bible can be reconciled with Darwinism, as some of their fellow Darwin cheerleaders are.

Last edited:
Did you not read the title of this thread, nor the OP? Go ahead, try to just reconcile the Bible with the nonsense and falsehood you call "science", viz. Darwinism. What are you waiting for? The title of this thread (which you obviously neglected to read) is a question: Where does the Bible teach that the earth is billions of years old? Go ahead and say where it is you imagine the Bible teaches that the earth is billions of years old.

Just swap out your pronoun, 'we', with the pronoun, 'I', in what you wrote above (and, of course, swap out 'science' with 'Darwinism', and swap out your period with a question mark):

"Why can't [I, Saved.One.by.Grace] just reconcile the Bible with [Darwinism]?"

So, what's stopping you from performing this reconciliation you're whining about?

Darwinism is not science. It's a theory based on a false premise. Although I am a scientist who does not believe in Darwinism, if you want me to keep my views to myself, just say the word, any word will do.

Arthur Brain

YE Creationists can and do reconcile science with the Bible.

OE creationists (if they're even creationists) take what atheists claim to be science as a matter of fact and then try to force the Bible to comply with what the atheists say.

How? What "science" are they using exactly? "Creationist science" is defunct as it doesn't adopt the scientific method and disregards the plethora of evidence that supports an old earth. It can't be given credence in light of that. If the evidence supported a young earth then science would reflect that. Atheism is entirely irrelevant to science so that, once again, is stupefyingly ignorant on your part.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I'm happy to be able to give Jonahdog a bit of credit, here, as I give chair a bit of credit, earlier in this thread. Both Jonahdog and chair refuse to go along with the amazingly pathetic charade carried on by some of their fellow Darwin cheerleaders--the "Christian" Darwinists--wherein these latter go about pretending to believe the obvious falsehood that Genesis jives with/supports Darwinism.

See, Jonahdog and chair know that to reconcile the Bible with Darwinism would be to reconcile a period of less than 10,000 years with a period of billions of years, and so, they're at least not dumb enough to go about claiming that the Bible can be reconciled with Darwinism, as some of their fellow Darwin cheerleaders are.

Well, thank you for the credit. To respond to the first post, I am unaware the Bible teaches billions of years. According to Biblical literalists it seems to teach the universe is, per many here, less than 10,000 years old and it was all created in 7 days. Most people with more than perhaps a very basic knowledge of science just cannot buy that. As a result those people if they give it any thought at all, simply walk away from the Bible and any need to accept it as Truth. Layer whatever other arguments you want on top of that and the end result is the same---The Bible, Christianity, Religion in general---Meh, no time, not important, the real world is much more interesting. Although there are people who simply do not question either and are perfectly fine living their lives---the magic of cognitive dissonance perhaps?

And despite the threat that I would be banned, those who post here claiming Biblical inerrancy and all that entails, have seen the evidence and simply repeating it ad nauseum is not likely to be of any effect.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Creationist science" is defunct as it doesn't adopt the scientific method.

This is bigotry. It is people who "adopt the scientific method," not ideas.

As you have shown, you do not know anything about science, let alone how to judge whether it is being used appropriately.

the plethora of evidence that supports an old earth.

But you'll never discuss that evidence.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

As you have shown, you do not know anything about science, let alone how to judge whether it is being used appropriately.

How about "creationist science" does not require the scientific method? That work for you? Since any evidence that does not fit into a literal Bible account must be waved away, who needs any method?

Arthur Brain

Um, no, they don't adopt the scientific method at all, this is why it is regarded as bunk. There is nothing remotely scientific about having an immutable conclusion based on a religious belief and discarding anything that doesn't fit in with it. Like the plethora of evidence that is accepted by the actual scientific community.

If you can't understand that, then hey ho. Take your latter and apply it yourself. The amount of times you've been schooled by Alate and Barb is beyond count. Still, you can always deflect with some more smileys and the like.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Creationist science does not require the scientific method.

This is bigotry. Nothing "requires" the scientific method, yet it can be applied on any idea.

Any evidence that does not fit into a Darwinist's worldview must be waved away.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Um, no, they don't adopt the scientific method at all, this is why it is regarded as bunk. There is nothing remotely scientific about having an immutable conclusion based on a religious belief and discarding anything that doesn't fit in with it. Like the plethora of evidence that is accepted by the actual scientific community.

If you can't understand that, then hey ho. Take your latter and apply it yourself. The amount of times you've been schooled by Alate and Barb is beyond count. Still, you can always deflect with some more smileys and the like.

Your heroes aren't here to save you anymore. Time to start "schooling" yourself. :chuckle: