ECT Who can spot the unbiblical doctrine of Lordship salvation in this song?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Would you give an example of easy believism?

I think of the "4 spiritual laws" and the Chick publications of the Sixtys but that may not be a great example.

Easy believism is promoted by organizations who specialize in the "milk" and seldom feed anyone the meat of the word; mostly because they don't know it themselves. They are not interested in follow-up except for asking for money.

Spirit/truth is often impersonated and emotionalism tops the list.
If all a person needed to do was to accept Jesus, then every Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, and every televangelist on TV, from Kenneth Copeland to Benny Hinn, would all be going to heaven and have no need for the rest of what God has for us. Sign this card, pray this prayer, and then let's move on to where, as a member of the club, we can play on your emotions and steal your money.

Belief is not easy. In fact, it is downright impossible unless God implants faith in us by grace. Salvation is simple, but it is not easy. What Lordship salvationists do is to take some of what needs to be characterized as the process of sanctification after salvation and move it into the category of salvation requirements. Salvation is neither easy nor hard. It is simple. Sanctification is a lifelong process.

Both of these teachings are, ironically, similar even though they appear to be opposites. They both attribute success unto salvation as a result of an action or actions of the sinner based on humanistic ideas of what is appropriate. But God commends His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us and it is by grace we are saved, through faith, and that not of ourselves; it is the gift of God.

Right Divider

Body part
One of the things that really pushes a button in me is when Christians take even a portion of the righteousness due only to Christ and try to place it where it does not belong.

David said, in this very same psalm; "My sin is ever before me".

It is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
Plus nothing.
David also said this:

Ps 7:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:8) The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity [that is] in me.

There is a type of righteousness that comes from obeying the law. It's not the righteousness that somehow gains anyone eternal life, but lawful righteousness is all through the scripture.

Luke 1:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:5) ¶ There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife [was] of the daughters of Aaron, and her name [was] Elisabeth. (1:6) And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

DAN P

Hi and I failed to show how , important 1 Cor 12:3 is and NO ONE can say LORD except by the Holy Spirit !!

That is why 1 Cor 12:3 and Rom 10:9 , LORD is very important !!

It is one of the PATTERNS of how salvation works !!

dan p

Hi George , you will not reply , WHY NOT ??

dan p

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
David also said this:

Ps 7:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:8) The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity [that is] in me.

There is a type of righteousness that comes from obeying the law. It's not the righteousness that somehow gains anyone eternal life, but lawful righteousness is all through the scripture.
Luke 1:5-6 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:5) ¶ There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife [was] of the daughters of Aaron, and her name [was] Elisabeth. (1:6) And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

I agree.

musterion

I think of the "4 spiritual laws" and the Chick publications of the Sixtys but that may not be a great example.

Jack Chick was straight up Lordship Salvation. The 4 Spiritual Laws arguably is:

"Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of the throne of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be."

See that? Something hidden in flowery, pious language that you do beyond believing is subtly added...opening the door of your life, giving Him the throne of your life...Paul said nothing about that. It's added.

And what it instructs for spiritual growth [i.e., obedience, without which L.S. says one is not saved]:

Spiritual growth results from trusting Jesus Christ. "The righteous man shall live by faith" (Galatians 3:11). A life of faith will enable you to trust God increasingly with every detail of your life, and to practice the following:

G Go to God in prayer daily (John 15:7).

R Read God's Word daily (Acts 17:11) - begin with the Gospel of John.

O Obey God moment by moment (John 14:21).

W Witness for Christ by your life and words (Matthew 4:19; John 15:8).

T Trust God for every detail of your life (1 Peter 5:7).

H Holy Spirit - Allow Him to control and empower your daily life and witness (Galatians 5:16,17; Acts 1:8).

The Importance of Baptism

Easy believism is promoted by organizations who specialize in the "milk" and seldom feed anyone the meat of the word; mostly because they don't know it themselves. They are not interested in follow-up except for asking for money.

You still haven't defined exactly what it is.

If all a person needed to do was to accept Jesus, then every Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness, and every televangelist on TV, from Kenneth Copeland to Benny Hinn, would all be going to heaven and have no need for the rest of what God has for us.

No, the problem is, what does "accept Jesus" even mean? And WHICH Jesus? Catholics have one that hasn't made it off of the cross. Mormons have a false Jesus. etc And "accepting Jesus" means all kinds of different things for all of them.

Sign this card, pray this prayer, and then let's move on to where, as a member of the club, we can play on your emotions and steal your money.

That's true enough.

Belief is not easy. In fact, it is downright impossible unless God implants faith in us by grace.

That's not true. ALL have the capacity and potential for faith -- that's why God is just in condemning them if they hear the saving Gospel but reject it.

Salvation is simple, but it is not easy.

Yes it is easy. It's by grace through faith. The WALK may have difficulty due to the world, the flesh and the devil, but forgiveness/justification is easy because Christ did that for us.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Musty,

I went to reply to your comment and something has messed up with TOL.

Your reply appears one way, but when I reply I see many more comments show up.

I will wait until this clears up.

George

glorydaz

Hi and it is in post #23 !!

dan p

Dan, are you saying someone cannot confess Jesus is Lord except through the Holy Spirit?

What do you say that means? For instance, lots of people say Jesus is Lord, but they just mean He is the Lord of their Life, or something like that.

DAN P

Dan, are you saying someone cannot confess Jesus is Lord except through the Holy Spirit?

What do you say that means? For instance, lots of people say Jesus is Lord, but they just mean He is the Lord of their Life, or something like that.

Hi and I sorry that I took so long to answer , as I did not feel good !!

This is why I am Acts 9 and proves how Paul was saved !!

#1 First we know that Paul was the first one saved by grace , 1 Tim 1:15 as Paul was the FIRST / PROTO !!

#2 ,In Acts 9:6 , Paul answers the Lord , WHAT do you

wish me to do ??

You are right , as MANY called Jesus , LORD , MASTER , SIR , nothing ever happened !!

Why not ??

#3 , Because paul was going to be appointed an Apostles , for the Dispensation of the Grace of God in Acts 20:24 !!

#4 1 Cor 12:3 reads , Therefore , I make known to you that NO ONE speaking by God's Spirit says Jesus is accursed , and NO ONE is ABLE to SAY Lord Jesus EXCEPT BY HOLY SPIRIT !!~

There are 4 verbs here and the first 3 are all in the PRESENT TENSE and speaks a CONTINUOUS action with in Dispensation boundaries !!

Bur the last verb is SAY / EIPON in the AORIST TENSE and points back to Paul calling Jesus LORD and this means that Paul called Jesus LORD by the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT !!

So anyone who calles Jesus lord in Rom 10:9 and confess with his mouth LORD JESUS has to have the Holy Spirit and should believe in your HEART that God raised Him from the dead , you will be saved !!

For with the heart he believes to righteousness and with the mouth confesses to salvation !!

Hope I made it clear !!

dan p

glorydaz

Hi and I sorry that I took so long to answer , as I did not feel good !!

This is why I am Acts 9 and proves how Paul was saved !!

#1 First we know that Paul was the first one saved by grace , 1 Tim 1:15 as Paul was the FIRST / PROTO !!

#2 ,In Acts 9:6 , Paul answers the Lord , WHAT do you

wish me to do ??

You are right , as MANY called Jesus , LORD , MASTER , SIR , nothing ever happened !!

Why not ??

#3 , Because paul was going to be appointed an Apostles , for the Dispensation of the Grace of God in Acts 20:24 !!

#4 1 Cor 12:3 reads , Therefore , I make known to you that NO ONE speaking by God's Spirit says Jesus is accursed , and NO ONE is ABLE to SAY Lord Jesus EXCEPT BY HOLY SPIRIT !!~

There are 4 verbs here and the first 3 are all in the PRESENT TENSE and speaks a CONTINUOUS action with in Dispensation boundaries !!

Bur the last verb is SAY / EIPON in the AORIST TENSE and points back to Paul calling Jesus LORD and this means that Paul called Jesus LORD by the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT !!

So anyone who calles Jesus lord in Rom 10:9 and confess with his mouth LORD JESUS has to have the Holy Spirit and should believe in your HEART that God raised Him from the dead , you will be saved !!

For with the heart he believes to righteousness and with the mouth confesses to salvation !!

Hope I made it clear !!

dan p

:e4e: