ECT Who is an able man in God?

Cross Reference

"And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and made them heads over the people, rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.
And they judged the people at all seasons: the hard causes they brought unto Moses, but every small matter they judged themselves."
Exodus 18:25-26 (KJV)

Fact: Moses was of no denomination. Given the many we have to today, how can it be determined who is a man of God? What spiritual "plumbline" would we use?

What method of choosing do you think Moses would use if alive to today if he was looking for help in judging/leading the congregation?

What requirement would have to be met?

Lets include Jesus in this as well. After all, it is the condition of His Church, His Bride, that is at stake.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You really need to start drinking milk and get saved before you try and get cute with your idiot threads.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There is only one plum line or guarantee in the whole bible. The Holy Spirit.

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

Cross Reference

There is only one plum line or guarantee in the whole bible. The Holy Spirit.

Perhaps this might help you set things in proper order:

"Thus he shewed me: and, behold, the Lord stood upon a wall made by a plumbline, with a plumbline in his hand.
And the LORD said unto me, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A plumbline. Then said the Lord, Behold, I will set a plumbline in the midst of my people Israel . . . . . "
Amos 7:7-8 (KJV)

oatmeal

"And Moses chose able men out of all Israel, and made them heads over the people, rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.
And they judged the people at all seasons: the hard causes they brought unto Moses, but every small matter they judged themselves."

Fact: Moses was of no denomination. Given the many we have to today, how can it be determined who is a man of God? What spiritual "plumbline" would we use?

What method of choosing do you think Moses would use if alive to today if he was looking for help in judging/leading the congregation?

Lets include Jesus in this as well. After all, it is the condition of His Church, His Bride, that is at stake.

Every believer had been given enablements by God

Not all believers do anything with those enablements.

God chose all those that believe.

Some choose to serve God, some believers are not putting God first.

Cross Reference

Every believer had been given enablements by God

Not all believers do anything with those enablements.

God chose all those that believe.

Some choose to serve God, some believers are not putting God first.

Of course. That was how Moses saw it and he chose everyone to give them practice using their enablements. . Nick is probably practicing his.

DAN P

Hi , and you are trying to bring Law over into Grace , and it will not work !!

The ONLY plumbline as you call it is the Holy Spirit !!

And Paul has setup the EKKLESIA with Pastors , Teachers and Elders as in 1 Tim 3:1-13 !!

There are IS NO Bride in the Body of Christ !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Cross Reference

Hi , and you are trying to bring Law over into Grace , and it will not work !!

The ONLY plumbline as you call it is the Holy Spirit !!

And Paul has setup the EKKLESIA with Pastors , Teachers and Elders as in 1 Tim 3:1-13 !!

There are IS NO Bride in the Body of Christ !!:chuckle::chuckle:

dan p

Holy Spirit??? He was finished after the Apostles died, remember?

andyc

Acts 6:3
"Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business